Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Air Canada | Aeroplan
Reload this Page >

to the Elite passenger on my yyc yyz flight...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

to the Elite passenger on my yyc yyz flight...

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by corruptcanadian
but he was Elite!
Indeed. Merely Elite, and overinflated.

Just tells that AC should implement a more discriminatory boarding sequence.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Back of the bus
Originally Posted by billyeggs
Sorry OP, your note comes across as passive aggressive and whiny. If you had a problem at the time, say it; posting it with the desire for a bunch of people to say "poor you for having your bag moved" maybe tells us a lot about your character.

I also find it highly amusing you are somehow proud or bragging even that the guy didn't get ice cream?

Is this really what this message board has come to?
I said something to the individual - asked him what he thought he was doing - and told him how he was being rude. FA's probably thought something might start and found a place for my bag without causing a bigger disturbance and said they'd take care of it.

Entitled E was angry he didn't get his meal choice AND ice cream . serves him right. My apologies if my post midnight after 8 scotch rant offended you - if it did, perhaps all people should complain about is the fact I poached their upgrades with an LMU.

I normally don't care - but that flight was a perfect example of the E's on this board who feel they are entitled to everything - sometimes when you act that way, karma kicks you an in the butt.

I rarely complain about anyone - personally I like the service I get on AC, but sometimes the odd random person spoils it.

You can choose to ignore me if you don't want to read my random rants from time to time. It's not like I'm complaining for the 10 millioonth time that AC is devaluing their program and I'm leaving for another program....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by HerpaYvr
So what are the rules? I ask this as SE & E along with all *G receive priority boarding so we can access our overhead bins, right after the grand parents and small kids of course. Once we are on, everyone else loads on and then some people along with FA start moving stuff around? I have heard it said that the overhead bins are for everyone!

How often do you get into the J cabin and find crew baggage over your seat? What do you do? How often does someone in Y place their stuff in the J bins on their way to their Y seat.

So what do you do, claim that real estate space as yours no matter or do you share?
Executive Class, SE/E/*G board at their convenience. I was #2 on the plane. The As-lite was probably 80th on the plane. It's not like I was in Y. Show me where in your elite benefits it shows that you get priority baggage loading over equal passengers and we can discuss. If someones bag is in the bin, I wouldn't ask to move it, I'd say sucks to be me that I boarded later.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:29 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Stranger
At least in J, FAs would not usually move things too much without at least asking. Sure they can rearrange things.

They would just be doing their job anyway.

I meant other passengers moving my stuff around. And if it's minor adjustment, it's OK too. But it's considerate fom them to ask.
Exactly! Treat others the way you would want to be treated.....
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:33 pm

Programs: AS MVP/AC75K/AM Gold/UA*S/SPG-Marriott Lifetime Titanium/Accor-FPC Gold/HHDiamond/Hyatt Exp
Originally Posted by visitor
I had a similar situation some time ago. E90, I was sitting in 3A, briefcase in overhead bin over row 2. Just before take-off, I take out my briefcase for a second to pull out some papers, fellow in 2A jumps up and jams his bag where my briefcase had been. I didn't realize what he had done until I turned around to put my bag back. I was gobsmacked, and politely asked him to remove it. He refused, and as I escalated my demands, he told me to 'chill out' and 'relax' and similar stuff. This didn't go over too well with me, and I was about to dump his bag on his lap when the flight attendant intervened in a very neutral manner and asked me to give him my bag. I wasn't too keen to do this but did. He took my bag and placed it somewhere (I think) in Y. I was pretty ticked but bit my tongue as now the argument would have been with the FA. Flight takes off, I'm still steaming. FA gets up, calmly removes the other guy's bag from J, goes back to Y, swaps it with mine, brings mine back, puts it where it had been, walks off. Not a word. On landing, buddy is stuck trying to swim against the tide to get his bag.

Should I have ignored the FA and dumped bag on his lap? Outside of an airplane, yes, in a heartbeat. On an airplane, I'm glad I showed restraint, and the FA was clearly grateful that the situation did not escalate out of control.
I loved this story. ^

Over the 19 flights over the past 2 weeks, I was lucky not to encounter someone as rude as this for the most part, knock on wood. For me, Plan A would be to use the overhead bin just above, not across and above, your own seat. Period. If its full, only then does Plan B kick into play for me. Seems sort of common sense to me.

On my much delayed YUL-YYC flight home on New Years Day I watch some guy sitting in Y throw his duffle bag into the overhead bin at row 3 and continue heading to the back. I couldn't resist to see just how far back he went so I stood up to grab something from my bag and he was in the row 30s. Ballsy and rude.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 6:41 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by PointWeasel
I loved this story. ^

Over the 19 flights over the past 2 weeks, I was lucky not to encounter someone as rude as this for the most part, knock on wood. For me, Plan A would be to use the overhead bin just above, not across and above, your own seat. Period. If its full, only then does Plan B kick into play for me. Seems sort of common sense to me.

On my much delayed YUL-YYC flight home on New Years Day I watch some guy sitting in Y throw his duffle bag into the overhead bin at row 3 and continue heading to the back. I couldn't resist to see just how far back he went so I stood up to grab something from my bag and he was in the row 30s. Ballsy and rude.
This is one of my biggest peeves.

Even when I sit in Y and I notice some infrequent travelers (because that's who it usually is) stuffing their carry on into J and then proceed into back of the piss, it pisses me of as well.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:42 pm

Programs: E35K, Delta SM, AM ADV, Priority Club Plat, SPG Plat, MR *S, GR *E, Hyatt GP, AM
You should have gone Bruce Lee Kung-fu on him to show him where to put his bags! Yeeeeeeeowwwwww!
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:48 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by Stranger
Indeed. Merely Elite, and overinflated.

Just tells that AC should implement a more discriminatory boarding sequence.
I think the boarding process should only include Super Elites, that would solve so many problems
Old Jan 5, 2012, 7:58 pm

Programs: AC *E/PC Gold /BW Diamond/Hertz Gold Plus/SPG Gold/Marriot Silver/ TUMI Alpha
Originally Posted by NAJetSet
I think the boarding process should only include Super Elites, that would solve so many problems
Oh boy and here we go again...
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by morphius909
Oh boy and here we go again...
When half the plane qualifies to priority boarding, there is no real priority left.

Should be SEs and J passengers first. Then you can have Es and Gold.

Would at the very least make things more orderly.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:24 pm

Programs: AC*SE, Priority Club Platinum
I had a guy do this on an A330 FRA-YYC and I reported it directly to the FA.

He was rude to both me and the FA and he nearly got the boot off the plane.

I am OK moving bags around but would never touch someone else's bag.

Low class.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:26 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by morphius909
This is one of my biggest peeves.

Even when I sit in Y and I notice some infrequent travelers (because that's who it usually is) stuffing their carry on into J and then proceed into back of the piss, it pisses me of as well.
Is that what people are calling the Y cabin these days? I hope I never have to go there again if it's like that.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:28 pm

Programs: AC.SE
Originally Posted by jeffdoucette
I had a guy do this on an A330 FRA-YYC and I reported it directly to the FA.

He was rude to both me and the FA and he nearly got the boot off the plane.

I am OK moving bags around but would never touch someone else's bag.

Low class.
I've never had this sort of thing happen to me, but this is the problem: If someone is enough of a jerk to do something like that, he's probably enough of a jerk to cause other kinds of trouble. I'd rather avoid engaging with someone like that--last thing I'd want to do is get kicked off the plane myself--and let the cabin crew sort it out.
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:37 pm

Programs: AC E75K, Amex Plat, NEXUS, Aman-user (not really a -junkie)
There are no set rules for which bin belongs to which seat. Obviously, most people use the bin above their seat but some use the bin across so they can keep an eye on their stuff. Pretty ridiculous that anyone would pull out anyone else's bag from the bin... Telling us what their status is doesn't add anything to the story. That individual is just rude irrespective of FF status
Old Jan 5, 2012, 8:44 pm

Programs: AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by jazzsax
My apologies if my post midnight after 8 scotch rant offended you - if it did, perhaps all people should complain about is the fact I poached their upgrades with an LMU...
I would bow to you if I could. 8 scotches and you can post with lucidity? I'm quite fond of Glenlivit, but after 5 I would be staring blankly.

Some people need to be reminded that they share this earth with us, less worthy though we may be. While it probably felt good to see him denied his dessert, having him called out publicly is much better. Keep it up.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.