Wiki Posts
Search

What happens when...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:55 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
Originally Posted by LearningToFly
Ah Ah Ah! Would have been a nice joke! I meant PPT!
Isn't that Papeete in Tahiti?

That's hardly in Guadeloupe, but an awesome place regardless.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 8:57 pm

Programs: UA1K2MM ACMME50 SQPPS HHDiamond Marriott Lifetime Titanium
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim
As GHT said.

The "why" is because we enjoy flying, and that, in style. I, for example, am actually more interested in the process, rather than the destination. I clearly don't fly often enough to hate flying in general (I don't know what threshold that is - I have flown a decent amount and I am still not hating it, so I'm not sure what's going on) - I actually *enjoy* it, so for me, booking a "crazy" routing is actually a benefit, as I get to try different lounges, different COS products, and oh - yeah, also stop in some cities, albeit for a short time. My wife does not feel this way - she is closer to you in her point of view - but the points are MINE so *I* choose how we fly.

If your only goal is to get from point A to point B, there are always paid tickets available.

Our priorities are obviously different, and fair enough - but do recognize that there are perfectly valid reasons for maximising flight segments, rather than flying direct.
I would not fly to LHR , arrive at 6:00AM & return on noon fllight if I did not enjoy flying. I want the most direct route in J or F. Flying the most direct route I still get to experience various lounges & visit cities.I arrive fresh thus enhancing my travel experience .
I have tried out LH First Class Tower lounge in FRA to SQ Private room in SIN without doing crazy routings.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Dec 8, 2011 at 9:04 pm
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:00 pm

O.k. one mistake after another, I meant PTP then (Pointe-è-Pître), but you can probably go there through PPT and then PTT.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:01 pm

I doubt there is J/F availabilty from YUL-Papeete on *A carrier 19DEC-4 JAN 2012.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by yyzprincess
I would not fly to LHR , arrive at 6:00AM & return on noon fllight if I did not enjoy flying. I want the most direct route in J or F. Flying the most direct route I still get to experience various lounges & visit cities.I arrive fresh thus enhancing my travel experience .
I have done LH First Class Tower lounge in FRA to SQ Private room in SIN without doing crazy routings.
Its like Apples trying to talk to Oranges.... Different world for different people
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:04 pm

I doubt there is J/F availabilty from YUL-Papeete on *A carrier 19DEC-4 JAN 2012.
I made a typing mistake, it was YUL- PTP (Pointe-à-Pitre), in the Carribean.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:08 pm

Programs: AC 75K, SPG P, CX SL
Where is PTT?
Middle of nowhere Kansas.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
Its like Apples trying to talk to Oranges.... Different world for different people
I like to eat both apples and oranges. Preferably in the air, on a redeye, while sitting in a closet. So there is SOME commonality!
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:13 pm

Originally Posted by LearningToFly
I made a typing mistake, it was YUL- PTP (Pointe-à-Pitre), in the Carribean.
You're SO getting no leniency for this one
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
No Different world for different people.
We are talking about spending 40 hours in an Aluminum tube.
Be it 388 /77W or 747 they all are Aluminum Tubes. How can being in an Aluminum tube for 40 hours in J /F be pampering experience.

Even SQ First suites are not pampering experience , I must say they are very very comfortable considering they are in Aluminum tube, I do not feel I am being pampered in the suites. I am very very comfortable.
A SPA at Four Season or St. Regis is a pampering experience,not some 5x5 suite or a flat bed in Aluminum Tube.

Be it 388 /77W or 747 they all are Aluminum Tubes. How can being in an Aluminum tube for 40 hours in J /F be pampering experience.

Last edited by yyzprincess; Dec 8, 2011 at 9:40 pm
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:35 pm

Even SQ First suites are not pampering experience , I must say they are very very comfortable considering they are in Aluminum tube, I do not feel I am being pampered in the suites. I am very very comfortable.
A SPA at Four Season or St. Regis is a pampering experience,not some 5x5 suite or a flat bed in Aluminum Tube.

I think you got so anxious to prove your point there that you typed your argument in twice.

Look - some people will agree with you and some won't. I, for one, think that spending time in a spa is complete, hopeless waste of time - but there is a segment of population that appreciates that - so I let them be. I, for instance, enjoy spending my time on a racetrack in my car - I'm sure quite a few people would find that bordering on insane.

all that to day that you won't prove your point to anyone - not even if you type it in twice - and nobody is going to try to change your mind, either.

now - can we get back to talking about PTP in Kansas?
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:43 pm

Different people, different perspectives, different life choices....

End of Discussion..... Period!

Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:46 pm

I think you got so anxious to prove your point there that you typed your argument in twice.

Look - some people will agree with you and some won't. I, for one, think that spending time in a spa is complete, hopeless waste of time - but there is a segment of population that appreciates that - so I let them be. I, for instance, enjoy spending my time on a racetrack in my car - I'm sure quite a few people would find that bordering on insane.

all that to day that you won't prove your point to anyone - not even if you type it in twice - and nobody is going to try to change your mind, either.

I edited my post.

Which *A carrier serves PTP?

I do not drive. I would rather fly to a destination than drive. I use to fly from SNA-LAX than drive when United Express did that route.
Old Dec 8, 2011, 9:47 pm

hahahaha ! I will take a picture of the lounge there for you.
Old Dec 9, 2011, 12:41 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton GLD, Marriott Plat, NEXUS/GE
I assume the crazy routings being booked , I am reading about in this thread ,because the desirable routings are not available why else would one book crazy routings for award booking?
IMO this Promo is not such a great deal if one has to fly 30+ hours & 3/4 overnight flights back to back to get to Australia. Even if it is J or F.
Nah, routing New York to Australia via every substantially inhabited continent (sorry Antarctica) is a challenge worth striving for! (And it's under MPM+5%!)

As I see it, I'm going to spend ~25h doing the "sensible" way of getting to Sydney with the first award that I booked earlier this week (EWR to SFO [~6h] and SFO-SYD [~14h] with a ~5h layover at SFO). Spending a few extra hours in metal tubes doesn't bother me if it means I get to go to a few other cities I'd otherwise not visit (since I don't have the inclination to buy international J nor the desire to sit in longhaul international Y if I were doing this on revenue tickets).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.