Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Air Canada VIP Service

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

On the phishing / privacy issue, I am guessing on the next page you may be asked to enter something like a password (perhaps the number would give you the next page, which would say 'Welcome Emma' so that you know the site itself is real, i.e. it wouldn't know your name if it was a phishing scam). I would be far more cautious if the initial page said enter membership number and password - for a new website to ask them I would be pretty suspicious myself.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Originally Posted by YYZC2
I believe the current buzzphrase is "key influencers".
Oh I thought it was Nepotism...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 9:33 am

Originally Posted by YYZC2
I believe the current buzzphrase is "key influencers".
+1 It should be rather obvious that in addition to the FFs of a company, you also want to keep the CFO who controls the $10M+ in spending happy, regardless of how much s/he flies. It makes sense, pissing off a SE is stupid but pissing off the guy who can switch all of a company's travels to WS/BA/UA with the flick of a finger is outright suicidal.

I know BA goes well above and beyond their Gold level for them. For instance, a concierge meet Premier members at the plane every time they fly, and frequently arrange for cars from the remote gates of T5 so they don't need to take the bus. Lines do not exist for that level of membership.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 11:37 am
Suspended

I'm betting it's just an elite/super-elite like program for infrequent fliers who fit the mold of sports star, rock star, high government, musician, entertainer, writer, etc.

Someone who commands a lot of money, wants special services, and will get them through this. Say a Hollywood actor coming to Canada to film something. That kind of person.

It would be less than Super Elite and Elite in ways, no upgrade stuff, no collecting miles, no nothing of that. But access to the lounges, concierge, and all of the string pulling the airline can arrange.

It's just that: VIP stuff. Not customer loyalty stuff like what we have.

Or so I guess.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 12:05 pm

Programs: Aeroplan
This has to be legit. I mean there's no chance a Quebec ad agency could possibly be involved in anything otherwise right?
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:00 pm

go try.....if it doesnt work, then it means your not invited into the website and the program (simple)
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:16 pm

Programs: AC SE
If anyone wants to spend 13$ you can own aircanadavip.ca

Then you could be your own VIP!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:26 pm

Originally Posted by fly-yul

u can print your own black cards too!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:33 pm

Programs: AC SEMM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Air Koryo
- personally monogrammed seatbelt extender
Funniest flyertalk quote ever.
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:34 pm

Programs: AC*SE
Originally Posted by fly-yul

If you just start walking around the airports with a fancy luggage tag or flashy a fancy ACvip.ca card I'm sure it wouldn't take long before you'd have all sorts of folks trying to join. People do love their status..
Old Dec 16, 2010, 1:36 pm

Originally Posted by CdnFlier
If you just start walking around the airports with a fancy luggage tag or flashy a fancy ACvip.ca card I'm sure it wouldn't take long before you'd have all sorts of folks trying to join. People do love their status..
i smell a ponzi scheme!
Old Dec 16, 2010, 2:50 pm

Programs: AC*S100K 1MM, LH FTL, Hyatt Globalist, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by tyberius
I'm betting it's just an elite/super-elite like program for infrequent fliers who fit the mold of sports star, rock star, high government, musician, entertainer, writer, etc.
No musician would be worthy of it...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 2:56 pm

Originally Posted by global_happy_traveller
go try.....if it doesnt work, then it means your not invited into the website and the program (simple)
back in undergrad one of my engineering professors had simple advice for writing exams: RTFQ. it stood for "read the question"...

same idea applies here...the website asks you to enter the number on your VIP card...implying you have to have one already...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AC*SE, Lifetime Bonvoy PP, Hilton D, National EE, Avis First
Talking

Originally Posted by ACB777
back in undergrad one of my engineering professors had simple advice for writing exams: RTFQ. it stood for "read the question"...

same idea applies here...the website asks you to enter the number on your VIP card...implying you have to have one already...
I think G_H_T was hoping his card was just lost in the mail and that he was already in program but didn't know it...
Old Dec 16, 2010, 4:45 pm

Programs: AC S100K (formerly AC*SE), AC 2MM, AMEX Plat, Marriott Platinum Elite
Originally Posted by tyberius
Say a Hollywood actor coming to Canada to film something. That kind of person.
I like my Hollywood types in Y with the rest of us on the red-eye from LAX to YYZ. There are usually 10-17 SEs on this flight and we don't need to fight for upgrades with these folks.

BTW, this is a common occurrence.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.