Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Mini RTW Questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:35 pm

Moral of the story: earn and burn. Make do with what you have today. For AP, there's still lots of YQ-free options (but I think LH F/OZ F and NH F are worth every penny hence I'm forking over crazy amounts of cash in YQ for them!)

Maybe seeing US out of the program and UA massively devalued, SQ and LX might have a change of heart and start re-releasing their F cabins to *A (fat chance, I know but one can dream!)
Old Apr 5, 2014, 8:48 pm

Programs: AC: E50K, AP: dDiamond
This is probably a dumb question, but given the opportunity, would you swap my CDG-NRT (NH F) and NRT-ICN (OZ old F) for a FRA-ICN (LH F)? Probably so given the FCT, but just figured I'd ask.

The other thing is I could also fly FRA-NRT on LH F and keep the NRT-ICN leg so I keep my stopover in NRT but it just seems at that point might as well enjoy the more direct flight...
Old Apr 5, 2014, 9:10 pm

Is your CDG-NRT/HND flight on the 777 or 77W? I've noticed most if not all are in the old NH F product (as indicated by 777.) Either is very nice. I did JFK-NRT in NH F in the 77W and NRT-FRA-JFK on LH F in December/January.

NH F has the better soft product and food IMO although I'm not sure about the ex-CDG quality.

LH F has the better hard product especially if you're flying the 747 seat and bed combo which is being eliminated starting year-end. Very nice atmosphere in the upper deck. The soft product isn't over the top like NH, but I prefer LH as they seem to strike the right balance between being attentive and giving you privacy. The ground service on LH is also 10x better what you'll get with NH. The FCT is definitely an awesome experience, though you should still remember it's still a waiting room at the end of the day. I'd dine in the FCT and have an abbreviated meal on board as LH definitely tries too hard on some of their dishes.

So I give LH the edge here especially if you've never been to the FCT, especially as it's rumoured it may be a casualty of FRA airport expansion.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:36 pm

I believe I will be on the old F product which it seems is virtually identical without the partitioning walls - a lot of people on the NH board actually prefer the older style as the new one blocks several of the windows - you only get one with the new while the old gets 3-4.

I think I'm on the same page, flying LH ex FRA with the FCT on the 747 should pretty much be about as good as the LH experience gets while it might be a bit compromised out of CDG on NH. Choices, choices.
Old Apr 5, 2014, 10:40 pm

Originally Posted by lowside67
I believe I will be on the old F product which it seems is virtually identical without the partitioning walls - a lot of people on the NH board actually prefer the older style as the new one blocks several of the windows - you only get one with the new while the old gets 3-4.

I think I'm on the same page, flying LH ex FRA with the FCT on the 747 should pretty much be about as good as the LH experience gets while it might be a bit compromised out of CDG on NH. Choices, choices.
I'd say yes whether you've been to the FCT or not - it's fantastic and well worth any loss of taking lh f over nh old f.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 2:50 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
I am in the process of moving 100k AP --> AA as I really like the ability to have one way rewards, but I am starting to think I should have done US instead.
How are you moving AP to AA?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:08 am

The convoluted way... AP - Esso - RBC (wait here for bonus) - AA
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:08 am

points.com to Esso
Esso to rbc Avion
Avion to AA

might have been easier just to do points.com to US direct
Old Apr 6, 2014, 7:17 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Occasional RTW club
The convoluted way... AP - Esso - RBC (wait here for bonus) - AA
Ahh gotcha. Remind me the conversion ratio?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 8:12 am

When all is said and done, approximately 0.68. Esso points can only be moved over in 500 point blocks.

If you can wait, RBC sometimes has a 20% bonus on Avion transfers to AA and thus the ratio improves to 0.82. I emptied my entire family's AP accounts the last time that promo happened.

I wished I moved a bunch over to US, but I did it before they were back on points.com as a transfer partner.
Old Apr 6, 2014, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by yerffej201
how much ap did you move to usdm? its only a 100k limit.
~39k to top up to 120k for another ticket. Had other points from various promos/tool bar fiascos, grand slams, share promos etc.

Is it 100k limit per year, or forever?
Old Apr 6, 2014, 10:03 am

per calendar year
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:35 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Does anyone know if this itinerary is valid, assuming I can find availability?
ITH-ORD UA Y
ORD-DEN UA Y
DEN-BIS UA Y (stop)
BIS-DEN UA Y
DEN-YYZ UA Y (stop)
YYZ-PTY CM Y
PTY-TGU CM Y (destination)
TGU-PTY CM Y
PTY-YYZ CM Y

Thanks!
Old Apr 6, 2014, 4:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by mattking2000
Does anyone know if this itinerary is valid, assuming I can find availability?
ITH-ORD UA Y
ORD-DEN UA Y
DEN-BIS UA Y (stop)
BIS-DEN UA Y
DEN-YYZ UA Y (stop)
YYZ-PTY CM Y
PTY-TGU CM Y (destination)
TGU-PTY CM Y
PTY-YYZ CM Y

Thanks!
Between ITH and PTY, your MPM is 2983 miles, and TGU is 2690 miles
Old Apr 6, 2014, 5:01 pm
formerly mattking2000

Programs: BA|AC|AZ|SPG|H|FPC
Originally Posted by rankourabu
Between ITH and PTY, your MPM is 2983 miles, and TGU is 2690 miles
Thanks! I've heard that UA is not allowed on a stopover within North America, is that a HUCA thing or is that an actual rule?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.