Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aer Lingus | AerClub
Reload this Page >

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New product to be launched ''Aer Space'' UK and European routes.

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:30 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Until you actually get downgraded it hasn't happened.

For Aer Space the priority list is case of an equipment change should be based on the terms of the J connection ticketing as subject to availability (works both ways for 3/4)
1. Revenue Aer Space ticket + status (in order)
2. Revenue Aer Space ticket + non status
3. Revenue J connection + status (in order)
4. Revenue J connection + non status

From a ticketing point of view Aer Space is a Y product to get around corporate travel rules which block booking of business.

From a legal point of view any reasonable assessment of Aer Space would compare against other EU carriers and show that it is a business like product and thus the class of travel clause in EC261 applies
1. There is priority handling, fast track, boarding, lounge etc
2. Free catering
3. Additional seat comfort/space etc
4. Extra luggage
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:39 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Until you actually get downgraded it hasn't happened.

For Aer Space the priority list is case of an equipment change should be based on the terms of the J connection ticketing as subject to availability (works both ways for 3/4)
1. Revenue Aer Space ticket + status (in order)
2. Revenue Aer Space ticket + non status
3. Revenue J connection + status (in order)
4. Revenue J connection + non status

From a ticketing point of view Aer Space is a Y product to get around corporate travel rules which block booking of business.

From a legal point of view any reasonable assessment of Aer Space would compare against other EU carriers and show that it is a business like product and thus the class of travel clause in EC261 applies
1. There is priority handling, fast track, boarding, lounge etc
2. Free catering
3. Additional seat comfort/space etc
4. Extra luggage
All true but as you’ve said yourself it’s sold as
an economy product.

Can you answer my question above as a matter of interest? Are all AerSpace fares refundable?
Old Jul 11, 2022, 3:33 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
My understanding is full cash refund applies

However if you previously purchased a ticket and upgraded only the fare diff applies.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 4:05 am

My understanding is full cash refund applies

However if you previously purchased a ticket and upgraded only the fare diff applies.
Yeah. That’s my understanding. But I’ve two AerSpace fares and on the confirmation email it says

NO RFND/CHG FEE APPLIES
CXL BY FLT DT OR NO VALUE

Do the first six letters mean no refund or am I missing something? Does it mean no fees at all if you’re applying for a refund or changing flight.

They we’re purchased as AerSpace fares. Not upgraded.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Rest assured that you can cancel AerSpace bookings for a full refund regardless of the "NO RFND/CHG FEE APPLIES" in the confirmation email

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...news/aerspace/
https://www.aerlingus.com/support/ca...s-and-refunds/
Attached Images   
Old Jul 11, 2022, 8:33 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
Rest assured that you can cancel AerSpace bookings for a full refund regardless of the "NO RFND/CHG FEE APPLIES" in the confirmation email

https://www.aerlingus.com/travel-inf...news/aerspace/
https://www.aerlingus.com/support/ca...s-and-refunds/

Thanks. As it happens it won't be an issue. Was flying with another airline who almost certainly will cancel a booking. Was going to book EI to be on the safe side and cancel if necessary. But the other airline has already cancelled flight so I've booked EI and will travel with them for this trip. And ironically this flight will push me to Platinum now for the next year!

Have to say. Someone was talking about moving from EI to LH. My advice? Don't. The're in chaos at the moment. Third flight in less than a year (of only four I've taken with them in that time) that's been cancelled. I've had no issues with EI at all. So that's where I'm staying for good now.
irishguy28 likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 12:43 pm

Originally Posted by alserire
Well all AerSpace fares are eligible for a refund. But compensation because of a change of aircraft? That’s off the wall stuff

Edit: Also, my last two flights to LHR I was the only one in the front row. No guarantee at all that poster will be downgraded.
Well... technically... for ex-uk departures, the business seats attract a higher APD rate (regardless of the marketed class) and AerSpace is correctly priced £13 more if a plane with business seats is scheduled at time of booking. So if the flight had business seats when booked, but not when operated, there's a £13 refund due because of the lower APD. But good luck to anyone chasing Aer Lingus for that refund!
Old Jul 11, 2022, 2:22 pm

Originally Posted by blagger
Well... technically... for ex-uk departures, the business seats attract a higher APD rate (regardless of the marketed class) and AerSpace is correctly priced £13 more if a plane with business seats is scheduled at time of booking. So if the flight had business seats when booked, but not when operated, there's a £13 refund due because of the lower APD. But good luck to anyone chasing Aer Lingus for that refund!

Yet at the same time many Aerspace fares for DUB-LHR are actually cheaper than Plus?advantage fares.

You win some, you lose some.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:01 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Bronze, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Yes it is but its the way EI revenue management work but often very advantageous so dont knock it
Ah! A bit like BA often being cheaper in Club Europe than Y. I'll say nothing more about it! 🤣
DELLAS and irishguy28 like this.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 11:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Check in online to ensure the boarding card is correctly endorsed
Can I just ask - what does "correctly endorsed" mean in this context?

I note that the Lounge Access page indicates that a "lounge access email" is sent for AerSpace and Advantage fares - and when travelling from outstations where the lounge is run by a third party, it seems to me that it would be critical to have something indicating a positive entitlement to lounge access - is this, in fact, indicated on the boarding pass itself if "correctly endorsed"?

And if not - when does the "lounge access email" arrive? (First AerSpace trip coming up later this year!)
Attached Images  
Old Jul 14, 2022, 2:19 am

If you check in online the boarding pass shows "AESP"
If checked in person at any IE/UK/US/CA/NL airport the airport issued boarding card will state "AERSPACE"

If you check in at any other airport it will just show Y, I've seen this cause trouble onboard, hence the invite email
irishguy28 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.