Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old May 19, 2013, 5:18 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
What happened the showers on the upstairs level of the T2 GC lounge?
Last time I asked they told me they had closed them and were not available. But maybe that was only temporary. I'll ask again tomorrow and report back. Anyone?
Old May 19, 2013, 7:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Don't showers on the northside normally consist of discharging most of a can of Lynx on yourself and any bystanders?
Old May 20, 2013, 3:52 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by starflyergold
Last time I asked they told me they had closed them and were not available. But maybe that was only temporary. I'll ask again tomorrow and report back. Anyone?
I stand corrected, the showers are back up and running in the T2 lounge. Just ask at reception.
Old May 26, 2013, 2:08 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
I stand corrected, the showers are back up and running in the T2 lounge. Just ask at reception.
I actually seen them while I went up to the top. Absolutely no one up top as well!

The lounge was fantastic and beat the Lufthansa Business lounge @ DTW by quite a bit.

I am going to post a review here of my EI123 flight in just a moment.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:21 am

Given that DUB has free wifi, and the reception is full-bars in the EI T2 lounge, what is the point of the EI Lounge wifi? In particular, you need to enter a username AND password; its so fiddly when theres no point.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
You used have to pay for the airport wifi.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:48 am

Originally Posted by stifle
You used have to pay for the airport wifi.
Maybe. But why do they continue to refresh the username/passwords, and print new tickets on reception periodically. Just seems pointless. Firstly its no longer necessary to "protect" their bandwidth, but secondly its an annoyance to their customer base to be tricked into thinking that they have to type out two alphanumeric sequences to get tinternet.
Old May 31, 2013, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

My money is on a failure to realise it, or (unlikely) a cunning ploy to keep their bandwidth bill down.
Old Jun 11, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, BA Silver
Knock (NOC) aka Ireland West Airport
Lounge is airside near gate 3, unclear if access is offered to GCC cardholders.
Can confirm that the lounge in Knock is open to Aer Lingus GCC. Was there on Sunday. It is indeed the smallest lounge I have ever been in and it is unmanned(they give you a code to get in). I was the only one there which felt a bit lonely but nice. It is rather basic in terms of offering but is comfortable, especially compared to the rest of the airport. Drink offerings are basic(they had 3-4 cans of coke and fanta, tea/coffee and some spirits) and food options consisted of biscuits and crackers only.

They take priority pass too.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:52 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
It seems Southend has a lounge, operated by Stobart and accessible to Gold Circle Club. Looks highly glamorous at the link below
http://www.southendairport.com/at-th...-class-lounge/

I’m flying out of there this Saturday morning so will report back. I’ve flown from Southend before, but when they still operated in the old terminal (which had the delightful air of nothing more than a transport caff), so I’m looking forward to seeing the new facilities.

And on a sadder note this will be my last hurrah with my expiring Gold Circle Club. It's been a pleasant year, thanks Green Diamond ^
Old Jun 30, 2013, 2:43 pm

Had the experience of the lounge and first time to Southend Airport.

Check in was 35 mins late opening with no information while we were all standing there wondering what was going on.

Security was too slow with one guy telling people to take things off and put gels etc.. in the trays. Then he would go over to look at the monitor to screen the bags. Normally you have two seperate people to do this not a one man band!

When I finally got to the lounge it was empty and have to say it was quite decent. Only thing is the wifi was a pain. The lounge girl had to set up a guest password and username to get access. Just alot of messing about when they should just have a general password for all and change it once a month like other airport lounges. Everyone gets 2 hours free at the moment via the Airport wifi but its quite slow and even states this on the log in page. After that you can pay 1p an hour via credit card , all a bit weird!

Snacks and drinks were good though. Cake/muffins/Cadburys choc bars

Plenty of iPads to surf on and a Nespresso machine.

Could not do OLCI either on the Aer Lingus App as Southend Airport is not listed on the menu ! Only available on the main site as I found out rather too late to be able to print a BP and thus bypass check in. Something for EI to update .

On the whole its a decent enough airport and good for people heading to Central London. There is an excellent train service opposite the terminal building. It was a bit of a treck for me heading to Surrey but made for an interesting change. Easyjet rule the roost here with flights to Amsterdam,Berlin,Barcelona and Malaga.

There is an extension currently being built to be completed by December. Oh and for any fans of the wonderful Vulcan there is one being restored by the car park with a visitors centre and cafe. ^
Old Jul 1, 2013, 4:04 am

Er, what Dellas said [Great pics btw]

Nice little lounge, reasonably well stocked (Nespresso machine is always a plus), with comfortable seating. There is a little desk that is sporadically manned, otherwise there is a sign directing you to ask at the bar next door. I was asked for my booking reference in addition to my Gold Circle card and boarding pass; thankfully I had it written down, I don’t always.

One downside is that the lounge is effectively open to the main security screening, situated just past the escalators that take you down to the main part of the Departures area, so it can feel a little exposed if you sit in the front section. You also have a nice soundtrack from the high velocity hand dryers in the toilets alongside

Saturday morning was VERY crowded at SEN, with EZ flights to Alicante and somewhere else in Spain and a Volotea to Palma de Mallorca (I think) departing at the same time as EI3301. Just something to bear in mind, and there don’t appear to be any flights scheduled around the time of the afternoon EI departure (2pm or 3pm I think?) so it should be less hectic.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by daftboy
Er, what Dellas said [Great pics btw]

Nice little lounge, reasonably well stocked (Nespresso machine is always a plus), with comfortable seating. There is a little desk that is sporadically manned, otherwise there is a sign directing you to ask at the bar next door. I was asked for my booking reference in addition to my Gold Circle card and boarding pass; thankfully I had it written down, I don’t always.

One downside is that the lounge is effectively open to the main security screening, situated just past the escalators that take you down to the main part of the Departures area, so it can feel a little exposed if you sit in the front section. You also have a nice soundtrack from the high velocity hand dryers in the toilets alongside

Saturday morning was VERY crowded at SEN, with EZ flights to Alicante and somewhere else in Spain and a Volotea to Palma de Mallorca (I think) departing at the same time as EI3301. Just something to bear in mind, and there don’t appear to be any flights scheduled around the time of the afternoon EI departure (2pm or 3pm I think?) so it should be less hectic.
Yes they asked me for the booking Ref too. I had a print out of my booking as I always do just in case of computer glitches

On the flip side the ones coming through security can watch you sipping your drink and eating your 2nd bar of Cadburys Fruit and Nut

Totally agree love it when I see a Nespresso machine in the place.

Think your right about the flights/crowds. It was very calm around that time and I can imagine how a few loads of EZY mafia could pack the place out.

Still the pleasant lounge would make you forget you were actually in Essex
Old Jul 1, 2013, 5:53 am

My favourite moment was the older lady in her Spanish costa finery (including linen pants and sun hat) whose bag was selected for secondary screening – when the guy mentioned that she had liquids in her bag her response was “Oh no dear, they’re creams”...

Thankfully I was in plenty of time for once so was able to find it all quite amusing.
Old Jul 1, 2013, 11:00 am

Cadbury's Fruit and Nut and a shot of Nespresso's Dulsao: I could get used to this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.