Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2013, 4:46 pm

Programs: BA Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Apologies if this question has already been asked...

Flying LHR to SNN on EI ticket. Economy fare. It's a code share flight with BA.

I am BA Gold. Do I get access to a lounge? If so, is it the Gold Circle one in T1, the International BA one in T1, or both?

Tried to find rules online but did not find anything on this topic. I'll give it a go on Friday but perhaps someone knows.

Thanks.
Old Aug 25, 2013, 5:46 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Openhorizon
Apologies if this question has already been asked...

Flying LHR to SNN on EI ticket. Economy fare. It's a code share flight with BA.

I am BA Gold. Do I get access to a lounge? If so, is it the Gold Circle one in T1, the International BA one in T1, or both?

Tried to find rules online but did not find anything on this topic. I'll give it a go on Friday but perhaps someone knows.

Thanks.
EI lounge in T1. Expect soup and sandwiches in the evening and the usual drinks, crisps, biscuits etc.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 4:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by soy
EI lounge in Slough. Expect soup and sandwiches in the evening and the usual drinks, crisps, biscuits etc.
Fixed that for you
Old Aug 26, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: BA Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Thanks - sounds pretty basic. I might stick to Pret.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 7:23 pm
soy

Programs: various
thanks Stifle -too much vino and typing clearly does not work well - though I am always optimistic it will improve
Old Aug 28, 2013, 2:42 am

Programs: Mucci (Scirocco Sash), BAEC Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Openhorizon
Thanks - sounds pretty basic. I might stick to Pret.
I actually think the offering in the EI lounge is fine - nothing earth shattering, but not bad quality. Obviously Pret will have a much better selection, but you can still feed yourself in the Gold Circle lounge...and if nothing else grab a few drinks
Old Sep 7, 2013, 4:29 am

Programs: BA - Blue > Bronze > Silver > Bronze > Blue
My inlaws are flying LHR-DUB on Monday flying on to BOS in business class a couple of days later

They've just asked if they will get lounge access at LHR but, as they're not flying business class the same day I told them no but wanted to double check that this was right, just in case to save the, from waiting in the corridor!

Cheers
Old Sep 7, 2013, 5:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I don't think they will get access in this situation, and the big problem as you say is if they don't they're stuck in the Irish/domestic section of the airport with only WHSmith and a small Wetherspoons for company.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Good evening

I am travelling IAD-DUB-MAN in Y with the first leg on UA and the second leg on EI (UA codeshare). Any chance of lounge access as *G? Guessing not but it's worth asking!

Thanks!
Old Sep 12, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
No, I'm afraid not.

If you have Priority Pass, you will have options. Or you can pay in to the GC lounge also - personally, I wouldn't part with the cash - T2 in DUB is sufficiently nice to make hanging around a reasonably pleasant experience.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 5:08 am

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
LHR T1 lounge access

Hi there. Flying Aer lingus this afternoon. Am a BAEC silver member. Ticket is an EI number. Do I have access to the Aer lingus lounge?
Old Nov 3, 2013, 6:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by mrkdips
Hi there. Flying Aer lingus this afternoon. Am a BAEC silver member. Ticket is an EI number. Do I have access to the Aer lingus lounge?
As the third post clearly states, yes you do, as long as you have your plastic BA card. Follow signs for gate 86.
Old Nov 3, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: BA Silver, United, HH, club Carlson
Originally Posted by stifle
As the third post clearly states, yes you do, as long as you have your plastic BA card. Follow signs for gate 86.
No guest allowed though anymore !!!
Old Nov 16, 2013, 5:53 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Airspace Lounge JFK T5

Here are some pictures from a recent visit to the contract lounge at T5.

Overall the lounge is ok, just ok. It is a rather small affair which easily get's overcrowded. They already moved extra chairs into the lounge to provide sufficient seating which just adds to the cramped feeling. There are no windows which doesn't help. Service was a mixed bag with the front desk friendly and efficient while the bartender was a bit grumpy (everything has to be ordered, no self service). When I arrived the TV room was "reserved" but this was quickly removed given the amount of guests.

The food offering is ok and actually quite tasty (it is pre-prepared and gets heated on the spot , if needed).

Old Nov 17, 2013, 3:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

So no lounge access if flying to SNN then?!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.