FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold, BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Silver, Accor Silver, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
A change of caterer at BA has improved the food choices available at BHD. This has been reflected in the top posts.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 11:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Gold, BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Silver, Accor Silver, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Anyone know if DUB-LGW plus BA Silver gets lounge access?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:47 am

Programs: Silver, JJC (circa 1980)
Will be returning home JFK-DUB on an AA J ticket, with a separate onward EI connection to GLA later in the day.

I know we'll be able to use the GC lounge on the outbound leg, but are arriving AA premium passengers permitted access?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by zafiragirl
Will be returning home JFK-DUB on an AA J ticket, with a separate onward EI connection to GLA later in the day.

I know we'll be able to use the GC lounge on the outbound leg, but are arriving AA premium passengers permitted access?
The lounges in Dublin are not intended for arriving passengers. They are in the "departures" part of the airport, so you would have to follow the transfer path on arrival, i.e. not go landside, but rather do an airside transfer, and thereby not go to baggage reclaim [this might not be a problem if AA agrees to through-check any luggage you may have in the hold] in order to reach the lounge. You can't follow this transfer path without your onward boarding pass. If you follow the transfer path, and make your way directly to departures, you are pretty much stuck airside. It is not intended that passengers can return landside from this part of the airport - hence the total exclusion of "arriving" passengers from having lounge access.

Your AA J ticket that brought you to Dublin will not enable you to enter any lounge in Dublin, though.

Do you plan on leaving the airport, i.e heading in to the city or anywhere else nearby? You can buy lounge access in association with your EI ticket to GLA (go to the EI website and select the option in "Manage My Booking" that allows you to buy lounge access). However, if you planned spending an extended period at the airport - say 5/6 hours or more before your flight - I suspect that they may exhibit some resistance at letting you into the lounge so long before your flight.

Some hotels around the airport offer day rooms, if you just want to freshen up.

Last edited by irishguy28; Apr 10, 2014 at 3:56 am
Old Apr 10, 2014, 3:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
BA codeshares on EI230, EI232, EI236, EI238, EI242, EI244, EI246 and EI248, which are all of the regularly-scheduled LGW flights, so I would expect that you do get lounge access.

Given that the question was asked some time ago, has this flight occurred, and was access granted?
Old Apr 10, 2014, 7:33 am

Originally Posted by stifle
Last I heard LGW didn't get access but that could have changed.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 2:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
BA codeshares on EI230, EI232, EI236, EI238, EI242, EI244, EI246 and EI248, which are all of the regularly-scheduled LGW flights, so I would expect that you do get lounge access.

Given that the question was asked some time ago, has this flight occurred, and was access granted?
Yes, and yes plus guest
Old May 1, 2014, 3:05 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Gatwick, Manchester, Belfast City

Originally Posted by Aer Lingus
Gold Circle members travelling from London Gatwick and Manchester airports now have access to the Aspire Lounges at these airports. In addition passengers travelling from Belfast will have access to the Aspire Lounge at Belfast City Airport from 5th May 2014.

Please present your Gold Circle membership card and your Aer Lingus boarding card and the staff will be delighted to welcome you to the lounge.
Old May 1, 2014, 6:58 pm

Basically kicking you out of the BA BHD lounge and the No.1 lounges
Old May 2, 2014, 10:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Sounds like a downgrade.
Old May 18, 2014, 9:09 am

Marco Polo Elite Dublin

Do Marco Polo Elite members get access to the Aer Lingus lounge in T2 at Dublin when flying to the UK with Aer Lingus?

Thanks.
Old May 18, 2014, 12:50 pm
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by turntheheatdown
Do Marco Polo Elite members get access to the Aer Lingus lounge in T2 at Dublin when flying to the UK with Aer Lingus?

Thanks.
No, Aer Lingus is not a Oneworld member.
Old May 19, 2014, 12:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by turntheheatdown

Thanks.
No, as mentioned in the top post.
Old Jun 3, 2014, 6:24 am

Programs: BA
I presented my BA gold card at the LHR T 1 GC lounge the other day and was told no guests are allowed,is this correct?
Old Jun 3, 2014, 9:21 pm
soy

Programs: various
Originally Posted by Earthman
I presented my BA gold card at the LHR T 1 GC lounge the other day and was told no guests are allowed,is this correct?
Lounge guide over on the BA forum dashboard suggests guest is allowed, but that may not be totally accurate.

Usually they have a sign on the reception desk in the EI lounges explaining access rules. Have not been in GC LHR in about 12 months so not sure if this is the case. Probably worth asking for a copy of the rules next time you are passing through.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.