Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 3, 2024, 4:34 pm

Programs: EI Platinum, BA, AA, EK, AY, QR
EI106 landed about 3 hours late so would have been 11:45 am or so on a Saturday.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 8:36 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
A recent post on social media by a senior EI staffer indicates the LHR lounge is in line for an upgrade. Unclear if the source was referring to the hard or soft product but I would hope the latter given the paltry offerings currently available. I have no imminent trips to LHR T2 but eager to hear reports from anyone passing through in the next few weeks.
alserire likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 9:04 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Its due a refurb based on age

Always liked LHR. quite limited in seating which may become an issue in the future with the JV
Old Apr 8, 2024, 10:18 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Soft product in dire need of upgrade. I’ve two trips in the next couple of months, early May and second week of June and will report back.
EI320 likes this.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:12 am

There is nothing wrong with the LHR lounge interior it is just the food and beverage that needs a major upgrade . When you have to pop to Pret to get a sandwich before entering a business class lounge then something is wrong !
Old Apr 10, 2024, 1:48 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Minor change at DUB lounge, the logo behind the reception desk has changed and the lighting improved
Pete_23567 likes this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 2:30 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Gold, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Minor change at DUB lounge, the logo behind the reception desk has changed and the lighting improved
Woohoo, so we can see the lack of hard liquor before 11am more clearly… sometimes you just want a breakfast vodka

In all seriousness, very glad to see improvements creeping in an hopefully continuing!
DELLAS likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Is Mary still on the desk? 😄

Old Apr 16, 2024, 6:25 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
51st and Green has gotten really grotty. Those big winged armchairs are mostly filthy, and the toilets (the mens at least) need a deep clean. I certainly wouldn't be advising that people pay for it in its current state.
alserire and Teplane like this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 9:25 am

Programs: Hilton Gold, Air France Platinum for life, Aer Lingus Silver
Originally Posted by RMDrive
51st and Green has gotten really grotty. Those big winged armchairs are mostly filthy, and the toilets (the mens at least) need a deep clean. I certainly wouldn't be advising that people pay for it in its current state.
It used to be the nicest lounge in DUB, now it's definitely gone downhill
The last couple of times I was in there the gents toilets were broken and dirty. The food offering is "ok", but not great.
Teplane likes this.
Old Apr 28, 2024, 12:08 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
There is nothing wrong with the LHR lounge interior it is just the food and beverage that needs a major upgrade . When you have to pop to Pret to get a sandwich before entering a business class lounge then something is wrong !
I always think of the LHR lounge as a pleasant place to have a coffee and it is a good environment - much nicer than LH next door but I agree, the food offering leaves just about everything to be desired. Even if it was just some decent breakfast items early in the day and some decent sandwiches for the remainder of the day alongside a soup, it would be a huge improvement.
DELLAS, alserire and Teplane like this.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 3:20 am

Originally Posted by Harper50505
I always think of the LHR lounge as a pleasant place to have a coffee and it is a good environment - much nicer than LH next door but I agree, the food offering leaves just about everything to be desired. Even if it was just some decent breakfast items early in the day and some decent sandwiches for the remainder of the day alongside a soup, it would be a huge improvement.
The LH one next door is like a zoo unless you are able to go to the next part Senator which I do. The Senator lounge is ok and has decent food and drink options.

The Aer Lingus lounge just lacks food options. Even pastries for breakfast, sandwiches all day and scones,jam,cream in the afternoon would be a big improvement. There does seem to be a lack of will though and the mentality of some of the newbies at EI doesn't seem to change either.
Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:59 am

There is a complete refurbishment planned for LHR Lounge but no date finalised. That's what I've heard anyway.

In addition to improved food offering some usb charging ports or wireless charging points would be a welcome addition
Old Apr 29, 2024, 8:33 am

Programs: EI Platinum, BA Silver
A refurbishment at LHR really isn't needed. A spruce-up around the edges perhaps, but the lounge still looks and feels pleasant. Invest that money in F&B offerings and you have a decent lounge.
DELLAS, alserire, Teplane and 1 others like this.
Old Apr 30, 2024, 10:59 am

Programs: AL Aer Club Concierge / Aadvantage Platinum / Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Originally Posted by mneylon
It used to be the nicest lounge in DUB, now it's definitely gone downhill
The last couple of times I was in there the gents toilets were broken and dirty. The food offering is "ok", but not great.
For comparison, was in the East Lounge for the first time on Sunday and it was a way nicer setting. Very limited food offerings however and some of the staff really didn't want to be there. 51st and Green is teetering on the edge of being a big black mark for DAA and AL.
alserire likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.