Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:51 am

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, BD..oh, wait..
I normally have access to BA contract lounges. Does that apply here?
It's not a BA contract lounge in that sense. BA's actual contact lounge (at the moment, the DAA lounge) in DUB is in T1 for their own flights. The EI lounge is in T2, and gives access to BA status holders (not OW elites) on codeshare flights as part of a deal between BA and EI.

AA status won't mean anything for the EI lounge in this case (DUB - LHR on a BA codeshare), though ironically AA uses the EI lounge for the ORD (and presumably soon-to-start JFK) bound passengers.
Old Apr 29, 2013, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Indeed — as the first post states, no access to the EI lounge at DUB based on AA status when flying EI.
Old Apr 30, 2013, 11:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
LHR Aer Lingus Lounge

I gather this was refurbished a little while back. Is it still a windowless cavern or a oleasurable place to spend some time
Old May 1, 2013, 6:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Windowless cavern with free loaner Samsung tablets.
Old May 6, 2013, 3:49 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Miles & More Silver, Privilege Club Silver
Still no sign of the permanent lounge in T5 JFK though the sign in the temporary lounge said it would open early May. The only sign of work I could see was in the shopping/food court area but no signs to indicate if it was going to be the lounge. Quite happy with the temporary lounge good food and ginormous drinks, excellent service.
Old May 8, 2013, 11:20 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
I am flying BOS-DUB in J and then DUB-CDG in Y (all they offer). Will I be able to use the lounge during my layover in DUB? Most other airlines offer an arrivals lounge or grant access to normal lounges if you are coming off an international J flight..
Old May 8, 2013, 2:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Yes you should be able to do that.
Old May 9, 2013, 6:56 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott/SPG Gold, Alaska MVP Gold, Delta Gold, AA Lifetime Gold
Thanks for the quick reply! One more question - My flights are on different tickets (Ticket 1- BOS-DUB J; Ticket 2- DUB-CDG Y) Will I be able to check my bag all the way to CDG from BOS and not have to pay the bag fee for the Y portion? Same question for the return, as they are also booked as separate tickets. (Used BA for award J flights, but had to purchase the Y flights due to no award availability)
Old May 9, 2013, 11:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Official rule is you can check through but must pay the bag fee as they're on separate tickets. In practice it'll probably not be collected going east but you may have to cough up going west.
Old May 10, 2013, 5:35 pm
soy

Programs: various
Sitting in the revamped BOS lounge. It is better than before, brighter and more spacious. As expected the decor continues the theme of DUB and LHR but overall is not quite as nice. There are two big bare walls in particular that need something to bring them to life. Even a few pics would help. Most of the T-E lounges in BOS suffer from being in the basement and there is not much you can do about it (though VS make a valiant effort).

They finally have their own wi-fi after years of leeching off BA and the other lounges. Food & drinks are as before, but scarcer. There seems to be a reluctance to refill the sandwiches tonight (either that or the earlier flight ate them all!!)

All in all it is a good improvement on what went before but without being anything special.
Old May 16, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: aer lingus gold card, spg
Cool DUB/ORD/DFW

Hi Traveling to DFW through Chicago in June, does any one know if there is access to the United/Skywest lounge in ORD, traveling on J and "First" on United/Skywest, great to see a forum here.
Old May 16, 2013, 12:15 pm

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Welcome to FT, voproductions.

This probably needs to be in the main forum for people to see it - possibly in a different forum, so I have sent a note to the moderator to move it.

This forum is for Aer Lingus matters, and you probably need to be on the United forum for an answer.
Old May 18, 2013, 2:20 am

Are there shower facilities at the Dublin T2 lounge?
Old May 18, 2013, 2:48 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by factory81
Are there shower facilities at the Dublin T2 lounge?
No showers in the lounge or anywhere in the airport I'm afraid. This is one transit amenity Dublin airport completely forgot about when building T2.
Old May 19, 2013, 4:47 am

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
What happened the showers on the upstairs level of the T2 GC lounge?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.