Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:19 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
UA & EI are friendly these days; can anyone clarify the UA lounge relationship?

I am flying United issued ticket with UA ORD-LHR paid J EI LHR-DUB paid Y. According to my reading of post 1, I would qualify for lounge access in LHR under the provision "Passengers travelling on Flexi Fare (within Europe)."

My return is EI DUB-LHR discounted coach, UA LHR-ORD paid J. Will I qualify for lounge access in DUB under the provision for "Passengers travelling in Business Class (trans-atlantic)" or will my *G be sufficient? Alternatively, my flight is not booked as a BA codeshare, but also carries a BA flight number. Can I gain access as a BA Silver?

Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited by Mrp Alert; Jan 28, 2013 at 1:29 am
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:34 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
UA & EI are friendly these days; can anyone clarify the UA lounge relationship?

I am flying United issued ticket with UA ORD-LHR paid J EI LHR-DUB paid Y. According to my reading of post 1, I would qualify for lounge access in LHR under the provision "Passengers travelling on Flexi Fare (within Europe)."

My return is EI DUB-LHR discounted coach, UA LHR-ORD paid J. Will I qualify for lounge access in DUB under the provision for "Passengers travelling in Business Class (trans-atlantic)" or will my *G be sufficient? Alternatively, my flight is not booked as a BA codeshare, but also carries a BA flight number. Can I gain access as a BA Silver?

Thanks for the clarification.
These are two separate tickets ORD-LHR and LHR-DUB, right? Did you book the LHR-DUB flexi fare on the EI website? If so you get lounge access.

DUB-LHR with no flexi fare: no lounge access but you can book access on the web for a fee. As you are booked on an EI flight the BA situation is irrelevant, BA cards only give you access if you have a BA connection.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by starflyergold
These are two separate tickets ORD-LHR and LHR-DUB, right? Did you book the LHR-DUB flexi fare on the EI website? If so you get lounge access.

DUB-LHR with no flexi fare: no lounge access but you can book access on the web for a fee. As you are booked on an EI flight the BA situation is irrelevant, BA cards only give you access if you have a BA connection.
As stated above, if it's the "Flexi" fare, then lounge access is included (and you should have received a separate email at the same time as the e-ticket was delivered, the separate mail containing a lounge pass voucher to be printed off. That you didn't receive this makes me think you're not on a Flexi fare)

It used to be that a BA Gold or Silver card was enough to get you into the Gold Circle lounges in Dublin and Heathrow for ANY flight between Dublin and London, even when booked through Aer Lingus and having no onward connections with BA. All of the Aer Lingus flights carry a BA codeshare number; even if you're not travelling on the BA code (which you can only obtain if you are connecting to/from another BA service at Heathrow) BA apparently were happy to pay for their Golds and Silvers travelling on the route in any capacity (i.e. even when it was a pure Aer Lingus ticket). For as long as I've had a BA Gold card I've never failed to get into the GC Lounges in either Dublin or Heathrow, but it's not a route I travel much and I've not travelled on this route since BA took over the bmi services on the route. So perhaps the access rules have changed. But it's certainly worth a try at the Gold Circle lounge in Dublin - your BA card and your EI boarding pass for a DUB-LHR may still get you in!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 2:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by starflyergold
That's incorrect. As mentioned in the first post, BA Silver or higher members may use the two Gold Circle lounges if flying on an EI flight that carries a BA codeshare number, irrespective of whether they are on an 053 or 125 ticket. I did precisely this on Friday.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:14 am
soy

Programs: various
Shannon

Lounge entrance is on the right hand side as you approach CBP. Think it is just the standard lounge entry rules.

Facilities:
•Free wi-fi (throughout the airport?)
•TV
•Irish newspapers
•Selection of wines, beers, spirits
•Teas and coffees
•Soft drinks, still and sparkling water
•Scones and biscuits (Jacobs digestives, shortbread, custard creams etc)
•Cheese, and crackers
•Washroom with shower is located outside the lounge
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:18 am
soy

Programs: various
correction to first thread - BOS is a EI owned and operated lounge. Currently under renovation, from what I could glimpse it will get a similar theme to DUB/LHR
Old Jan 28, 2013, 10:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by soy
correction to first thread - BOS is a EI owned and operated lounge. Currently under renovation, from what I could glimpse it will get a similar theme to DUB/LHR
As the BOS lounge is closed at the moment, the information is correct. It will be updated when it reopens.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: AA Gold, DL Gold
JFK T5 Lounge?

Does anyone know if lounge access will be available for J class passengers once EI moves to T5 at JFK? I'm not aware of any lounges there now, but perhaps there are plans to open one before the move? Any information would be appreciated.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: EI-GCE, BD-G, BA-G, A3*G, TK*G, FB-G, HH-G, Hyatt-Dia
There will be a lounge and it will be fancy. However, I understand that it will not open until well after the move. What the interim arrangement will be (and surely, they must realise that there has to be an interim arrangement), I have no inking.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 7:39 pm

Thanks, GoldCircle! Looking forward to the "fancy" new digs...as long as it's past security it will be an improvement over the Oasis. Frankly, even without an interim arrangement, T5 is probably still an improvement.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 8:05 am

Some suggestions being rumoured are substantial meal vouchers for J class and GC members in the interim.
Old Jan 30, 2013, 10:51 am

Interesting, and potentially a good solution. Sometimes it's nice to be able to grab a bite before boarding the 108 in order to get more sleep, and there are lots of good dining options in T5. The food offerings in the Oasis--and T4 in general--have never been great. For me, the main reason to go to the Oasis was for the free wifi, but that's available throughout T5.
Old Feb 7, 2013, 7:23 pm

New York lounge

Will this new lounge be a gold circle lounge ? Aer Lingus used to have there own lounge in New York ?
Old Feb 8, 2013, 12:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Anybody experience with guesting? Will an EI gold card get me a +1 into the BA lounge at BHD?
Old Feb 9, 2013, 3:55 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by ardboe
Anybody experience with guesting? Will an EI gold card get me a +1 into the BA lounge at BHD?
Yes, no problem.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.