Old Mar 4, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: BA EC Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by GoldCircle
[Y]ou'll be fine.
Good to know. Thanks.

cheers,

Henry
Old Mar 4, 2013, 8:41 pm

How long should I spend in the flagship lounge to get the full lounge experience? I will be taking EI125 I think it is, DUB-ORD.

Also what time should I show up for the 3:30 flight? Like 1:30 at the airport? or 1?
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
LHR T1 GC lounge

Originally Posted by stifle

London Heathrow (LHR): Gold Circle Club Lounge

Access rules: Standard access rules apply, with the following additions:
[*]Passengers connecting from a long-haul BA flight in business or first class are admitted on production of their boarding stub and on onward boarding pass on Aer Lingus

Is this correct? I was denied entry to the GC lounge when I was connecting to SNN coming from PHL with BA in J. Was told only Silver and Gold BAEC cards were allowed.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
I guess things may have changed; this was the case for a while.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:35 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
As a UA *Gold flying UA J connecting to UA codeshared EI full Y, i was denied entry to the LHR lounge. I flashed my BA elite card and was granted entry +1 guest.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
As a UA *Gold flying UA J connecting to UA codeshared EI full Y, i was denied entry to the LHR lounge. I flashed my BA elite card and was granted entry +1 guest.
Thanks for confirming that the policy noted in the front page is accurate. I've added a brief note to say that connecting from premium class in UA, and *G are not sufficient for access.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:49 am

Programs: King of Rental Cars, BA Gold, Virgin Gold, AA MM Gold, A3 Gold, SK Gold, Hotel SuperElite
At DUB on my return, i was granted access based on BA status. At the moment, there is no recognition of onward UA flights or UA status. UA presently uses the airport lounge next door. It would be worth investigating if the UA ticket counter will issue an invite for a status or premium passenger on a UA coded flight ex DUB.
Old Apr 2, 2013, 9:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by Mrp Alert
UA presently uses the airport lounge next door.
Note that this will soon change - at least for UA BusinessFirst customers.
see: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...ccess-etc.html

(Not sure what the story is for any UA passengers who would ordinarily have had lounge access on the basis of status in UA's program. EDIT: The last post in that thread says UA pax claiming lounge access via status will continue to have access to the DAA lounge).
Old Apr 4, 2013, 9:37 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
Never been to Ireland before. Flying on Aer Lingus (but with a BA flight number) in J Class, and I am AA EXP. The BA website gives me directions to the BA lounges in HKG and LHR, but nothing for DUB, and the EI website doesn't recognize my reservation number. Will I (and the wife, also in J) be able to access the EI lounge at DUB prior to our flight to LHR?
Old Apr 5, 2013, 1:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Aer Lingus does not offer J class on shorthaul flights. You don't seem to meet any of the access criteria for any lounges.
Old Apr 20, 2013, 12:01 pm

Originally Posted by factory81
How long should I spend in the flagship lounge to get the full lounge experience? I will be taking EI125 I think it is, DUB-ORD.

Also what time should I show up for the 3:30 flight? Like 1:30 at the airport? or 1?
Does anyone have an answer to this? Thanks
Old Apr 20, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by factory81
Does anyone have an answer to this? Thanks
1:00 is fine. So is 1:30.

The lounge, like most, is a more pleasant place to wait than elsewhere in the airport, but ultimately it's a waiting room. I don't think I could classify it as an "experience".
Old Apr 28, 2013, 8:05 pm

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
I've seen posts about BA card access to the Golden Circle, but nothing about OW Emerald/Sapphire cardholders other than BA. As an AA EXP (Emerald), I normally have access to BA contract lounges. Does that apply here?

As an amusing historical footnote, in the period after EI dropped out of OW and before BA replaced their own DUB flights with codeshares, by OW rules I could get into the lounge if I was on a BA flight. So the only way I could get into the EI lounge on the way to London was to NOT fly EI!
Old Apr 29, 2013, 12:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by AlreadyThere
I've seen posts about BA card access to the Golden Circle, but nothing about OW Emerald/Sapphire cardholders other than BA. As an AA EXP (Emerald), I normally have access to BA contract lounges. Does that apply here?
Can you please be more specific about which lounge you are referring to and which airline you'll be travelling on?
Old Apr 29, 2013, 9:32 am

Programs: UA GS, AA EXP, DL '90s PM, now FK (Flying Kettle)
Originally Posted by stifle
Can you please be more specific about which lounge you are referring to and which airline you'll be travelling on?
I'm talking about the Dublin lounge, when flying DUB-LHR on either EI or BA, with top AA status but no other BA status.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.