FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Old Oct 10, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
We're flying on award tickets in J BOS-DUB and need to continue on to EDI same day.
If we book the DUB-EDI segment as a revenue ticket in Economy on EI...
1. Will we be allowed lounge access in DUB?
2. Can we check our bags all the way through to EDI?
3. Do we need to purchase a "Plus" ticket to include baggage and seat assignment?

Sorry, if 2,3 wander a bit OT for this thread, but it's all seems somewhat tied together.
Thanks!
Old Oct 10, 2014, 12:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
1. Probably, just make sure you retain your inbound boarding card stub to present at the lounge.

2. Yes, definitely.

3. Strictly, yes as it is separate bookings. You could chance it and buy a Low fare and say nothing, but they may collect the fee (which at the airport is higher) either on check in at BOS or before letting you board at DUB).
Old Oct 21, 2014, 4:53 pm

Programs: EI Silver, AF Ivory, SPG Gold, HH, IHG Priority Club, Choice Privileges
No EI lounge access at PRG

I have just returned from a PRG-DUB flight last week and discovered that EI have no lounge access for GCC members at PRG.

I asked at check in and was told by the Menzies lady ( Menzies handle EI at PRG) that I could use the Menzies lounge, but on production of my card, I was declined with the lady in the Lounge saying that EI did not renew the contract for lounge access since last March

Has anyone else had a similar experience at any other EI destinations

Aer Lingus are really starting to irritate me, withdrawing lounge access willy-nilly is so annoying, and they really do not appear to care one iota about all this withdrawal of lounge access across Europe
Old Oct 22, 2014, 3:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Yes, see your January Gold Circle e-statement, the list of lounges on the website, and the discussion of suspension of lounge access in multiple locations in this very thread.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by stifle
Yes, and yes plus guest
By way of update, I was denied access at Aspire LGW. I was flying on EI233 which codeshares with BA. According to the front desk staff BAEC gold is only recognised at LHR.
Old Oct 25, 2014, 12:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by Zephyrous
By way of update, I was denied access at Aspire LGW. I was flying on EI233 which codeshares with BA. According to the front desk staff BAEC gold is only recognised at LHR.
That's always been the case even when the No. 1 lounge was in use. My post that you quoted was a reply to a post specifying DUB-LGW flights.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:30 am

Programs: KLM, UA, Emirates, Marriotts
I hope this has not been asked and answered yet...

I have quite a long layover at Dublin Airport between two seperate trips, would it be possible to buy access to the Aer Lingus lounge, even though I will be arriving by Aer Lingus, but flying out with Emirates? I can't seem to get it to work online, but I am hoping it might be possible some other way?
Old Oct 26, 2014, 2:42 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by KrnGrs

I have quite a long layover at Dublin Airport between two seperate trips, would it be possible to buy access to the Aer Lingus lounge, even though I will be arriving by Aer Lingus, but flying out with Emirates? I can't seem to get it to work online, but I am hoping it might be possible some other way?
Not it isn't, you have to depart on an EI flight to buy lounge access. However you can buy access for the DAA lounge next door for €19.95 https://prebook.dublinairport.com/
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:27 am

Originally Posted by KrnGrs

Depending on how long you have I would consider heading around the corner to Swords on the bus to kill time. That DAA lounge is depressing.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 3:54 am

Originally Posted by starflyergold
Not it isn't, you have to depart on an EI flight to buy lounge access. However you can buy access for the DAA lounge next door for €19.95 https://prebook.dublinairport.com/
hmm that DAA lounge is depressing indeed. We have about 6,5 hours...
Old Oct 26, 2014, 6:55 am

With that amount of time you could take the Air Coach into Dublin and have at least 2.5 hours there before heading back. It will drop you at the bottom of Grafton Street and you pick the return up in Westmoreland Street.
( If you know Dublin ) . Stroll up Grafton Street go for a meal etc... So much better than all that time bored at the airport. I presume its a day connection?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
With that amount of time you could take the Air Coach into Dublin and have at least 2.5 hours there before heading back. It will drop you at the bottom of Grafton Street and you pick the return up in Westmoreland Street.
( If you know Dublin ) . Stroll up Grafton Street go for a meal etc... So much better than all that time bored at the airport. I presume its a day connection?
Yeah we fly in at 15.00 and out at 21.20.
Thank you for the suggestion, we were in Dublin in May but we might just do that anyway. Hopefully we'll be able to either check-in our bags or we'll just leave them in the Left Luggage. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old Nov 21, 2014, 3:00 pm

In Jun 2015, my wife and I are flying in J and our kids in Y MCO-DUB-CDG. I know my wife and I will get lounge access at the UA club in MCO and the GC lounge in DUB. Will UA allow our kids age 9 & 13 be allowed in the lounges as guests or will we have to pay for them?
Old Nov 25, 2014, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by vinnmann
In Jun 2015, my wife and I are flying in J and our kids in Y MCO-DUB-CDG. I know my wife and I will get lounge access at the UA club in MCO and the GC lounge in DUB. Will UA allow our kids age 9 & 13 be allowed in the lounges as guests or will we have to pay for them?
You'll need to ask about United in the United forum but Aer Lingus policy is that business class passengers are not entitled to a guest (unless they qualify some other way such as GCC status). The kids will need to pay.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 12:52 pm

Programs: AC E35/BA Bronze
I'm flying DUB-LHR-YVR business class with the DUB-LHR segment on EI and LHR-YVR segment on AC. I can't seem to find any information about the codeshare agreement regarding lounge, luggage, priority check-in etc. between EI & AC; can anyone point me in the right direction please and advise what if anything we can avail of at Dublin airport.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.