Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2022, 9:54 am

I found in the past if you just walk up to fast track in LHR and declare you have status I was never challenged or asked for proof.
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:01 am

Originally Posted by iansh
Thanks @alserire. Any recent experience going through LHR T2? The Aer Lingus Customer Service claims no Fast Track for AerSpace?
fare description states at dublin only. Fasttrack at lhr with aer space frequently but usually asked to show my aer club status
Old Jun 9, 2022, 10:26 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by iansh
Thanks @alserire. Any recent experience going through LHR T2? The Aer Lingus Customer Service claims no Fast Track for AerSpace?
didn’t even know 😂 I’ve just gone straight to fast track. Have never been challenged. Having said that I tend to take flights at less busy times so security has never been an issue. Always quiet. So far anyway.
Old Jun 10, 2022, 10:57 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Flying through LHR more and more recently and really has me thinking how hard would it be to upgrade the offering in the lounge even slightly. More and more people simply seem to be sitting in the lounge with their take away food from Leon. The wraps and salad bowls are great in Dublin in the afternoon but I don’t know why the fresh food offering other than soup can’t be extended out in LHR. I would hazard a guess that the LHR lounge is busier in the evenings and some sandwiches, wraps etc whilst an increased cost on EI would increase the experience hugely.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:31 am

Anyone know if there’s a lounge you can book in the satellite terminal in Athens? Three years ago I booked a lounge in Athens and got caught out. The lounge had in the small print that it wasn’t accessible to passengers using the satellite terminal. Is there one there now? Or one anyone has used when flying EI that you can recommend?
Old Jun 13, 2022, 10:39 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Anyone know if there’s a lounge you can book in the satellite terminal in Athens? Three years ago I booked a lounge in Athens and got caught out. The lounge had in the small print that it wasn’t accessible to passengers using the satellite terminal. Is there one there now? Or one anyone has used when flying EI that you can recommend?
Doesn't seem like it, Priority Pass has no options for the satellite terminal anyway.
Old Jun 13, 2022, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by mccartje
Doesn't seem like it, Priority Pass has no options for the satellite terminal anyway.
Ok. Thanks. Just don’t want to get stung again. Just have to find a quiet corner!
Old Jun 14, 2022, 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by sdevine89
Flying through LHR more and more recently and really has me thinking how hard would it be to upgrade the offering in the lounge even slightly. More and more people simply seem to be sitting in the lounge with their take away food from Leon. The wraps and salad bowls are great in Dublin in the afternoon but I don’t know why the fresh food offering other than soup can’t be extended out in LHR. I would hazard a guess that the LHR lounge is busier in the evenings and some sandwiches, wraps etc whilst an increased cost on EI would increase the experience hugely.
A few years ago asked about having fruit as a snack option at lhr. The reply I received pretty much told me to get lost.

My amex gets me into plaza premium so that's where I tend to head
Old Jun 20, 2022, 6:01 am

Outside of EI's control, I suppose, bu the fact that the 'No.1 Traveller Lounge' in LGW South closes at 8pm is very frustrating for anyone on the late flight. 10pm seems a reasonable closing time, like LHR, or even 9pm like Dublin.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:03 am

Originally Posted by sdevine89
Outside of EI's control, I suppose, bu the fact that the 'No.1 Traveller Lounge' in LGW South closes at 8pm is very frustrating for anyone on the late flight. 10pm seems a reasonable closing time, like LHR, or even 9pm like Dublin.
It's definitely not ideal but it's certainly the best lounge available for Aer Lingus passengers across London and Dublin excluding those who have access else where with Amex Plat cards etc.
Old Jun 20, 2022, 9:55 am

Originally Posted by Dollar Bill
It's definitely not ideal but it's certainly the best lounge available for Aer Lingus passengers across London and Dublin excluding those who have access else where with Amex Plat cards etc.
Yeah that's what I had heard and was probably the reason I was more annoyed when I arrived at 19.50 last night
Old Jun 24, 2022, 3:29 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

I am flying a mixed segment trip: SEA -> DUB (J) and DUB -> BER (Y). Will I be able to access the Aer Lingus lounge in the Shengen area even though my onward connection is in economy?
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:03 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Schengen area?
Ireland is not in Schengen

At Dublin if you present the J boarding card you will be granted access at the Aer Lingus lounge for any same day onward EI flight

The reverse applies you should be granted access at BER lounge Templehof (which is in the Schengen area) and exit the lounge via the private passport control desk to boarding gate
Old Jun 24, 2022, 4:19 am
formerly Sleepy_Sentry

Originally Posted by ROKNA
Schengen area?
Ireland is not in Schengen

At Dublin if you present the J boarding card you will be granted access at the Aer Lingus lounge for any same day onward EI flight

The reverse applies you should be granted access at BER lounge Templehof (which is in the Schengen area) and exit the lounge via the private passport control desk to boarding gate
Thanks for this!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Quick Q: is there an access email required for the LGW lounge? Or just the AerSpace BP? I suppose no Fast Track for BAEC Gold? Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.