Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2022, 4:20 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by iansh
Quick Q: is there an access email required for the LGW lounge? Or just the AerSpace BP? I suppose no Fast Track for BAEC Gold? Thanks.
just the boarding pass should do it.
Old Jul 7, 2022, 8:17 am

Programs: CX DM, BA Gold
Originally Posted by alserire
just the boarding pass should do it.
Great! Thanks!
Old Jul 7, 2022, 12:13 pm

Just arrived in LHR. Likely to be delayed an hour. Soup, Cheese and crackers. No wraps, salads, sandwiches. That’s it. Absolutely shocking.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 4:39 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Just arrived in LHR. Likely to be delayed an hour. Soup, Cheese and crackers. No wraps, salads, sandwiches. That’s it. Absolutely shocking.
Been the same any time I have been in since COVID. A huge volume of people were bringing Leon in to the lounge the last few times I was there.
alserire likes this.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 6:29 am

Originally Posted by sdevine89
Been the same any time I have been in since COVID. A huge volume of people were bringing Leon in to the lounge the last few times I was there.
Gatwick a far better option if you can. LHR is an embarrassment at this stage.

Who the hell serves soup in July?
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:12 am

Programs: AerClub - Platinum
Gatwick a far better option if you can. LHR is an embarrassment at this stage.

Who the hell serves soup in July?
LGW closing at 8pm is frustrating if you're on a late flight.
Old Jul 8, 2022, 8:59 am

Originally Posted by sdevine89
LGW closing at 8pm is frustrating if you're on a late flight.
That is annoying. Hopefully they’ll go back to regular hours at some point. It’s miles ahead of EI at LHR.
Old Jul 13, 2022, 12:44 pm

I went to the Chinese restaurant next to the EI lounge last time . Have to say it was lovely. No excuse for the scraps being offered in the lounge but a good choice nonetheless.
alserire likes this.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 8:07 am

Anyone ever used lounges at MXP? Is the Montale the one to go for? Extra Schengen after passport check?
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:46 am

I wonder what it would take for them to change the offering. If you map AerClub Silver to BA, it probably equates to Bronze who don't automatically get Lounge access I understand.

Would AerClub members be happy if only Platinum, Concierge and perhaps AerSpace (excusing the odd pricing model) got access to a serviced bar and proper dining offering.

I doubt the breakdown of AerClub members is published. Are Silver happy to accept a below par Lounge offering albeit one with quiet space and self service low end drinks or have no access? I reckon that may be the trade off but it's hard to know.
Old Jul 15, 2022, 11:58 am

Originally Posted by Dollar Bill
I wonder what it would take for them to change the offering. If you map AerClub Silver to BA, it probably equates to Bronze who don't automatically get Lounge access I understand.

Would AerClub members be happy if only Platinum, Concierge and perhaps AerSpace (excusing the odd pricing model) got access to a serviced bar and proper dining offering.

I doubt the breakdown of AerClub members is published. Are Silver happy to accept a below par Lounge offering albeit one with quiet space and self service low end drinks or have no access? I reckon that may be the trade off but it's hard to know.
Lounges in DUB and JFK are fine. Cannot understand why LHR is so poor.
Old Jul 17, 2022, 4:54 pm

I was once told by someone at LHR that the food offerings were basic because the flight is only an hour !
Old Jul 18, 2022, 5:30 pm

Programs: $9 Fare Club
Does 51st & Green still have that 2 alcoholic drink limit rule in place?
Old Jul 19, 2022, 1:52 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
All you can drink from my recollection
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Jul 25, 2022, 12:53 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Does anybody know if the showers are still closed in the DUB lounge? It says so on the website but you never can be sure if that’s up to date.

I assume they used to provide towels pre covid?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.