Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Dec 16, 2020, 5:57 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Dublin lounge is closed for refurb so thats how they were sourced...

The seating in the front part of the lounge in Dublin pre refurb was from the former lounge in BOS
Old Dec 16, 2020, 9:01 am

Originally Posted by mailliW
Haha well it's a big improvement on what was there previously
Indeed back in March I was in there and the seats had rips and stains on them. It was shocking.
Old Aug 19, 2021, 11:08 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
September 1st for the lounge reopening in Dublin
Old Aug 30, 2021, 7:56 am

Video of refurbed lounge here

JohnIreland likes this.
Old Oct 15, 2021, 8:31 am

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
For those travelling TATL from DUB, 51st and Green is due to reopen on 23 October.
Old Oct 18, 2021, 2:55 pm

Programs: Gold Circle Prestige, Emirates Silver, Hhonors Gold, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by mb48
For those travelling TATL from DUB, 51st and Green is due to reopen on 23 October.
Great news, any date on the arrival lounge reopening in DUB?
Old Oct 21, 2021, 1:24 pm

Programs: EI Aer Club Platinum; AF/KLM Flying Blue; IHG Rewards Platinum Elite; Hilton Honors Silver.
Originally Posted by mb48
Seems that it is reopening with limited hours - the 14.30 closure is not great news for anyone on EI107 to JFK which departs after 4pm. Flying to US the weekend after next, looking forward to getting back to 51 and Green after a couple of times stuck in the pre-clearance basement over the last year or so.

"Open from 07.00- 14.30 on Saturday 23rd, Sunday 24th and Monday, 25th October. Closed Tuesday 26th October and Wednesday 27th October.

Open from 07.00-14.30 from Thursday, 28th October until Sunday, 31st October.

From 3rd November, open every Wednesday to Sunday from 07.00- 14.30."

https://www.dublinairport.com/enhanc...nge-51st-green
mrdisco likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 2:06 pm

JFK lounge has reopened (from the beginning of the month apparently). As of today, EI website says it’s still closed, so it was a nice surprise at check-in to discover that it has since opened again.
mrdisco likes this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 6:02 am

Programs: Aer Lingus AerClub Concierge, BA Silver
Has any one been in 51st and green since it reopened? Any changes to food and beverage options?
Old Nov 1, 2021, 8:17 am

I see 51st and Green has now been able to simplify their opening hours - Open every Wednesday to Sunday from 07.00-14.30

I have a flight on a Tuesday at the end of November! I fully accept that access to a lounge is not a right but I find this strange - I'm thinking of booking a flight from DUB-JFK, the cost includes a lounge if you fly on a Wed but not if you fly on a Tue - although it is the same price!

I've had a cursory glance (time on my hands) and at the end of November there are 5 USA bound flights on a Monday during opening hours, 7 on a Friday and 6 all the other days - not really any variance.

My first world problem of the day!
Old Nov 1, 2021, 10:54 am

Aer Lingus status and biz passenger have and always had the right to use the regular Aer Lingus lounge which is open during normal hours 7 days. The staff have a very good idea as to live queuing times and page passengers per flight or can advise on the sweet spot to go down to pre clearance if asked. In theory you can only one use one and you will be redirected down to pre clearance. But I've used both on the same day without issue

Only platinum or higher + biz can get into the 51st anyway

The 51st is relatively 'new' to us road warriors

Last edited by ROKNA; Nov 1, 2021 at 11:26 am
Old Nov 1, 2021, 11:30 am

https://www.dublinairport.com/enhanc.../lounges/t1-t2

*Please note the T2 Lounge will remain closed until further notice.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 7:09 am

Originally Posted by SandLake
https://www.dublinairport.com/enhanc.../lounges/t1-t2

*Please note the T2 Lounge will remain closed until further notice.
This is the DAA operated lounge in T2. The Aer Lingus lounge next door is open.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:38 am

Originally Posted by SandLake
I see 51st and Green has now been able to simplify their opening hours - Open every Wednesday to Sunday from 07.00-14.30

I have a flight on a Tuesday at the end of November! I fully accept that access to a lounge is not a right but I find this strange - I'm thinking of booking a flight from DUB-JFK, the cost includes a lounge if you fly on a Wed but not if you fly on a Tue - although it is the same price!

I've had a cursory glance (time on my hands) and at the end of November there are 5 USA bound flights on a Monday during opening hours, 7 on a Friday and 6 all the other days - not really any variance.

My first world problem of the day!

Posting this from the lounge, where the team say that they are expecting a return to a daily operation in about 2 weeks. Hopefully it will be in time for your trip, but if not, as mentioned above, the EI lounge is always an option.
SandLake likes this.
Old Nov 7, 2021, 3:44 am

Originally Posted by mrdisco
Has any one been in 51st and green since it reopened? Any changes to food and beverage options?
No major changes as far as I can tell. Standard cereals, bread, sandwiches, crackers and cheese available this morning. The staffed coffee/wine bar is also open. Dividers in place between tables but none are closed off for social distancing. Newspapers replaced by the PressReader app. One way system in/out and you have to give contact details at the door for contact tracing. Staff visibly happy to be back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.