Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 6:42 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
I can't vouch for 51st&Green but I was just in AerLingus and Executive Lounges. Aer Lingus lounge has showers, much more space and fresher, cleaner feel, more outlets for charging. The Executive Lounge had a little better food selection with the addition of a selection of sandwiches, along with soup, cheeses, pastries also found in the Aer Lingus Lounge. Drinks about the same in both.
Old Mar 22, 2017, 8:08 pm

Programs: HH Diamond
A question regarding EI Lounge options in BOS. EI website states that lounge access is through 'The Lounge' in Terminal C. Can I also access the BA lounge with a J class EI ticket? I know I can get from Terminal C to Terminal E without going through security. Just wondering if my EI J class ticket will get me into the new BA lounge instead.
Old Mar 23, 2017, 1:08 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Only the lounges listed on the EI website
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:47 am

Programs: Qantas
LAX - Qantas Gold FF

Hello,

I will be flying Aer Lingus LA to Dublin, I am a Gold FF with qantas, will this give me access to the LAX international lounge for my Aer Lingu flight?

Originally Posted by stifle

Welcome to the Aer Lingus lounge thread.

Let's start with some information. Aer Lingus operates but three of its own lounges, which are located at Dublin (DUB) terminal 2, London Heathrow (LHR) terminal 2, and Boston (BOS), the latter recently reopened after refurbishment. However, arrangements are in place at many other airports served by Aer Lingus to accommodate eligible passengers in lounges operated by other airlines, ground handlers, or the airport itself.

A full list of lounges which Aer Lingus passengers may use is available at http://www.aerlingus.com/goldcircle/lounges/

In all cases lounge access gained via a frequent flyer scheme must be evidenced by presentation of an in-date plastic card. And as in all cases of things Irish, this is applied with glorious inconsistency

People entitled to lounge access are those travelling on Aer Lingus and falling into one of the following categories:
  • Aer Lingus Gold Circle, Prestige, or Elite cardholders plus one guest
  • Bank of Ireland Aer Lingus Gold Visa Business cardholders plus one guest
  • Passengers travelling on an EI Flexi Fare (within Europe), on presentation of their lounge access email. Note that this means the fare described on EI's website as Flexi, and may not incorporate fully flexible tickets purchased via other channels.
  • Passengers travelling in EI Business Class (trans-atlantic). It is unclear whether this incorporates access at European outstations when connecting onto a business class flight.
  • Passengers who have purchased lounge access when booking or using Manage My Booking (available at a limited number of locations), on presentation of their email receipt
Officially, guests (where allowed) must be on the same flight. This may not be enforced in practice.

Although Aer Lingus codeshares with United on a number of routes, Star Alliance membership does not grant access to Aer Lingus lounges.

Some lounges have additional access permissions, and where relevant these will be noted adjacent to the particular lounge's details.
Old Jul 4, 2017, 12:49 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Originally Posted by MID80
Hello,

I will be flying Aer Lingus LA to Dublin, I am a Gold FF with qantas, will this give me access to the LAX international lounge for my Aer Lingu flight?
As EI is not a Oneworld member (yet) no lounge access.
Old Jul 14, 2017, 7:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver VS EI
Anybody got any recent experience with EI lounge access at Shannon!!
is the Rineanna lounge still operating? No reference to it on Airport website.
Also is BA mobile app EC Silver card acceptable for EI lounge access in DUB/LHR?
Probably wont have the shiny card in time for next trip..
Old Jul 15, 2017, 6:10 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Ború Lounge if flying to the US or in the afternoon to any destination

Burren Lounge otherwise

To be fair the Aer Lingus website does say Ború Lounge

Physical card is generally required, though I have seen the card on the app used in Dublin
Old Aug 3, 2017, 3:13 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
51st&Green seems to be fraying at the corners a little based on two visits over the past month.

Small water bottles have disappeared and only a very limited set of soft drinks available.

Food options don't get replaced as quickly (e.g. Was there yesterday around 3:00 and soup was gone, only two salads and some cheese/crackers available).

Printer was also broken.

Still a decent spot but no longer an alternative for lunch!
Old Sep 17, 2017, 1:12 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus, United, Virgin Atlantic, Qatar
Originally Posted by Dambus
51st&Green seems to be fraying at the corners a little based on two visits over the past month.

Small water bottles have disappeared and only a very limited set of soft drinks available.

Food options don't get replaced as quickly (e.g. Was there yesterday around 3:00 and soup was gone, only two salads and some cheese/crackers available).

Printer was also broken.

Still a decent spot but no longer an alternative for lunch!
This does not surprise me. I was last there in March and I thought it was a little thread bare. Typical DAA, start with a bang, charge a lot for it. Then slowly let the product standard drop.
Old Sep 19, 2017, 10:58 am

Dusseldorf has lost lounge also, the endless supply of liquorice allsorts will be missed
Old Sep 21, 2017, 6:23 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
Dusseldorf has lost lounge also, the endless supply of liquorice allsorts will be missed
I'm assuming this is more to do with AirBerlin going bust than anything? Is the lounge gone entirely or just no longer admitting EI guests?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 7:03 am

Just a sign up closed 1 Sept 2017, a very well designed sign, not a cheap A4 printout

Was used by several other carriers, it was really two lounges with a common reception, so to close both is strange

To be fair the lounge was a kip and in need of a update

Last edited by ROKNA; Sep 21, 2017 at 7:13 am
Old Sep 21, 2017, 10:01 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton HHonors Gold
Just a sign up closed 1 Sept 2017, a very well designed sign, not a cheap A4 printout

Was used by several other carriers, it was really two lounges with a common reception, so to close both is strange

To be fair the lounge was a kip and in need of a update
I don't disagree, was there in June and everything fresh was stale, with the packaged snacks being very cheap
Old Oct 27, 2017, 10:34 am

Good news

Dublin lounge now opens at 0415, an hour earlier than previous
Old Oct 29, 2017, 5:26 am

Good news

Dublin lounge now opens at 0415, an hour earlier than previous
I did wonder when they were going to review the opening times. With more flights around the 0600 slot it certainly is a welcome move. ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.