Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2018, 7:07 pm

I am a recent AC silver flying JFK-DUB-CWL on separate tickets. DUB-CWL is with Flybe.

I'm sure I get lounge access in JFK but will I get anything in T1 for the short leg to Cardiff? I'll have a few hours to kill and free coffee and maybe a shower would be really great, but I am not holding my breath
Old Nov 28, 2018, 11:49 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
If its in business you have the arrivals lounge in T2
Old Dec 2, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: UA Million Miler Gold, Delta Gold, Alaska/VX Gold, SPG Gold for Life
SFO United Club access

For what it's worth, I have a chase united explorer card which gives me two united club passes. I was able to use one of my passes today along with my coach EI ticket to access the United Club on the International Terminal G side of SFO. There isn't a priority pass lounge on this side, so if you're flying Aer Lingus out of SFO this is your only choice. I happen to ask about what will happen after November 2019, and they said they're not clear whether or not United will consider Aer Lingus a 'partner' (even though they do today and codeshare together) since Aer Lingus isn't part of Star Alliance.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:13 pm

Thanks, I am not in Business so I'll suffer in T1 without the lounge

My physical silver card has not arrived yet and I leave tomorrow. Does the lounge at JFK or Dublin actually require you to show the physical card for access, or does the virtual card in the Aer Lingus app suffice? I know the website says you must present the physical card but does it actually matter? I hit Silver on Nov 18 and the card has not come...doesn't seem right that I don't get to access the lounge because they take more than 3 weeks to mail me a piece of plastic
Old Dec 10, 2018, 12:37 pm

Originally Posted by uncleruckus
Thanks, I am not in Business so I'll suffer in T1 without the lounge

My physical silver card has not arrived yet and I leave tomorrow. Does the lounge at JFK or Dublin actually require you to show the physical card for access, or does the virtual card in the Aer Lingus app suffice? I know the website says you must present the physical card but does it actually matter? I hit Silver on Nov 18 and the card has not come...doesn't seem right that I don't get to access the lounge because they take more than 3 weeks to mail me a piece of plastic
You should be fine without the physical card, just have your phone app ready to show.
Old Dec 10, 2018, 6:19 pm

Thanks. Hopefully the JFK lounge is nice tomorrow. Has to be better than the misery of T5 and the $15 beers!
Old Dec 18, 2018, 11:53 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Dusseldorf is back, the same location as before but the Open Sky lounge has had a complete makeover and actually looks quite nice now.
Old Dec 31, 2018, 9:47 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Dropped back from Platinum to Silver a month ago. Still no new card despite an email on the day welcoming me to the new tier.. Has anyone accessed LGW lounge with just the phone app? Presume it should be fine.
Old Jan 4, 2019, 4:33 pm

i am flying IAD-DUB-CDG with a long layover at DUB (13 hours) during which i plan to leave the airport and sightsee in Dublin for a few hours. i am flying IAD-DUB in J, and DUB-CDG in economy as it is a one-class plane. i presume i will have arrivals lounge access upon arriving in DUB. am i correct that there are showers but no sleeping facilities? second, when i return to the airport for DUB-CDG, will i be able to access any lounge because my first leg was in J?
Old Jan 5, 2019, 4:02 am

Arrivals and normal lounge, showers only

You have access to both provided the onward flight was sold on the same ticket
Old Jan 6, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Wondering if anyone can help?
Considering booking a BA Long Haul flight in First with a connection from and to BHD using Aer Lingus ,all one BA ticket.
Will I have Aer Lingus Lounge Access in BHD and on return to London?
I know that I should be able to use the Arrivals Lounge in Terminal 5 on return before transferring to Terminal 2
I'm BA Silver if that makes any difference.
Thanks.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 12:22 am

For LHR there is a chance it might work on the basis of connection from a BA F class

Belfast unlikely

BA Silver is only good for LHR-DUB/SNN/ORK and return
Old Jan 7, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Silver
Thank you for the speedy reply RONKA.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 4:05 am

Originally Posted by alserire
Dropped back from Platinum to Silver a month ago. Still no new card despite an email on the day welcoming me to the new tier.. Has anyone accessed LGW lounge with just the phone app? Presume it should be fine.
Yes Im a regular on the LGW route and always use the App to gain entry.
Old Jan 7, 2019, 8:51 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Yes Im a regular on the LGW route and always use the App to gain entry.
Yeah. Was there last Thursday. Worked fine.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.