Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2015, 2:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Originally Posted by ROKNA
I believe +1 is allowed if

Its a BA codeshare
Its an EI operated lounge, so DUB or LHR
BA cards do not grant any guesting privileges at any EI lounges, according to the lounge dragon here at LHR T2 – "they stopped it now a few weeks ago".
Old May 5, 2015, 9:25 am
Moderator, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles & Accor ALL
Accor 25+ Badge

Programs: TK*G, Accor ALL Platinum
Just FYI: At IAD EI are using the A gates and the BA lounge.

(good choice compared to the seventh circle of hell that are the C/D gates at IAD, home of UA)
Old May 12, 2015, 8:48 am

Arrivals lounge

Has anyone checked out the new arrivals lounge in Dublin that was supposed to open as part of the new business class service from the US?
Old May 16, 2015, 8:19 am

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Booked on EI123 to ORD in Premier with onward connection to Charlotte on EI codeshare (UA operating) flight. The U.S. domestic flight is ticketed in Business but UA call it United First. Will I get access to the United Lounge before the Charlotte flight? The UA website says only First class pax travelling on international flight allowed in but the EI GC page seems to suggest that I should get access. Can anyone confirm?
Old May 23, 2015, 4:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
Within the USA it's usual to refer to domestic flight classes as first and coach. You might be best asking in the United forum for a definitive answer, but it's also customary within the USA not to give lounge access before domestic flights unless you have come in on an international flight of the same airline or alliance.
Old May 26, 2015, 11:13 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by trustno1
Booked on EI123 to ORD in Premier with onward connection to Charlotte on EI codeshare (UA operating) flight. The U.S. domestic flight is ticketed in Business but UA call it United First. Will I get access to the United Lounge before the Charlotte flight? The UA website says only First class pax travelling on international flight allowed in but the EI GC page seems to suggest that I should get access. Can anyone confirm?
Passengers travelling on a EI business class ticket with onward same day connection with United on the same ticket are entitled to use the UA lounge in ORD, ensure you retain the EI DUB ORD boarding card. See http://www.aerlingus.com/goldcircle/lounges/
Old May 26, 2015, 4:28 pm

Location: Naas at the weekend and FRA during the working week
Programs: EI Aer Club Concierge , BAEC Silver, Tesco clubcard
Strange that. Last Wed I phoned EI GC admin and asked my question to which the response was no....I would not have access. Very confusing!
Old Jun 23, 2015, 10:09 am

Programs: AA Lifetime PLT 2MM, DL Lifetime GM 2MM, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium Elite, HH Diamond, IHG Amb Diamond
Originally Posted by mart1012
Has anyone checked out the new arrivals lounge in Dublin that was supposed to open as part of the new business class service from the US?
Looks like it's open now

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aer-l...-open-dub.html
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:44 pm
b8b

Programs: DL Plat; HH Diamond; SPG & Hyatt Plat
Flying business class on Aer Lingus. I am arriving to BOS early from a positioning flight.

Can I use a Oneworld lounge or some other lounge before the Aer Lingus lounge opens?
Old Jul 15, 2015, 12:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Not by virtue of your Aer Lingus ticket.
Old Sep 23, 2015, 11:50 am

Programs: BA Gold
Do BA gold and silver card holders get get access to the gold circle lounge in DUB T2 on the EI gatwick flights?
They are code shares with BA aren't they?
Old Sep 25, 2015, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Earthman
Do BA gold and silver card holders get get access to the gold circle lounge in DUB T2 on the EI gatwick flights?
They are code shares with BA aren't they?
I was allowed in last time I flew but that was Feb 2014. No idea whether that policy is still current.
Old Sep 26, 2015, 10:46 am

Programs: # Neodymium #
Anyone know why the staff refuse to change the channel on the TVs in the lounge in LHR T2??

I asked politely for the remote control, and was told there isn't one, and they are not allowed to change the channel. No budging...

Totally bizarre...
Old Sep 26, 2015, 12:26 pm

Originally Posted by McCoy
Anyone know why the staff refuse to change the channel on the TVs in the lounge in LHR T2??

I asked politely for the remote control, and was told there isn't one, and they are not allowed to change the channel. No budging...

Totally bizarre...
Usually there are manual channel change buttons somewhere at the side or below so if all fails next time
Old Sep 26, 2015, 5:46 pm

Programs: # Neodymium #
Originally Posted by DELLAS
Usually there are manual channel change buttons somewhere at the side or below so if all fails next time
I started to look for them on the side of the telly, and was strongly told off by the staff... so I didn't persist!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.