Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:36 pm

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
The list was revised about 5 years ago, long before AerClub

Prague, CPH, SXF, Athens etc all went without warning
Old Aug 11, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: AerClub - Concierge, Hotels.com - Gold
Originally Posted by ROKNA
The list was revised about 5 years ago, long before AerClub

Prague, CPH, SXF, Athens etc all went without warning
Bologna was definitely there recently because I was in it! And it was on the list up to recently too.
Old Aug 20, 2019, 8:46 am

I know EI don't provide access in Malpensa but has anyone bought Lounge access there? Which is the best one and/or the one to go for for non-Schengen departing passengers?
Old Aug 21, 2019, 12:56 pm

Programs: BAEC, AerClub, HHonours
Just attained silver and I'm flying DUB-EWR soon, economy.

Really not clear, have searched, do silver aer club members have access to the 51st state lounge or not?

Thanks!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by KiteFlyerP
Just attained silver and I'm flying DUB-EWR soon, economy.

Really not clear, have searched, do silver aer club members have access to the 51st state lounge or not?

Thanks!
No. Access to EI lounge before USCBP. No access to 51st and Green
Old Aug 25, 2019, 2:08 am

Any idea why SFO is Platinum and Concierge only? Seems a little bit irregular.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 4:40 am

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by KtheC
Any idea why SFO is Platinum and Concierge only? Seems a little bit irregular.
IIRC EI uses the Untied Club lounges at SFO.

Presumably full Business class cabins and high elite loads in Y played some part in the contract that EI negotiated.

It is an annoying inconsistency though.

Old Aug 25, 2019, 6:04 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Aer Club when setup was no access anywhere beyond DUB/LHR/JFK for Silver. AC is now insanely generous on lounge access for very low status levels

United are pretty difficult to deal with, had to intervene a few times to extract a AC member from the dragons at SFO and get them access. Whats published on the website doesn't match the book the dragons hold at the lounges

SFO lounge is a typical cheap US carrier lounge, plastic plates, no booze, not really worth it.
Old Aug 25, 2019, 9:18 am

SFO lounge is a typical cheap US carrier lounge, plastic plates, no booze, not really worth it.
SFO is such an awful, expensive airport though. Even a crappy lounge would be a a better and less expensive way to whittle away the time before the flight. I typically fly into LAX and leave by SFO, so I guess I'll just have to try and switch it around. Is the Virgin lounge in LAX any better?
alserire likes this.
Old Aug 27, 2019, 10:23 am

Programs: Skywards
Advantage fares are advertised as giving lounge access at applicable airports. Is there a list of applicable airports/lounges anywhere? Particularly interested in BHD at the minute.
I've searched everywhere I can think of but finding nothing.

Update: having booked a flight I can confirm lounge access at BHD is included with Advantage fare, still can’t find a list though.

Last edited by Neiltoo; Aug 27, 2019 at 12:58 pm Reason: Update
Old Sep 2, 2019, 11:21 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Aerclub Concierge, UA*S, Marriott Bonvoy Ambassador Elite
Aer Club when setup was no access anywhere beyond DUB/LHR/JFK for Silver. AC is now insanely generous on lounge access for very low status levels

United are pretty difficult to deal with, had to intervene a few times to extract a AC member from the dragons at SFO and get them access. Whats published on the website doesn't match the book the dragons hold at the lounges

I was in the United Club Lounge in the International Terminal (it's the old UA First lounge) and thought it was ok. Bottles of wine for self pour, bottles of beer etc. Food was basic - hummus, soup and salad. In my view a step up from the old lounge that is now for UA Polaris only.

Last edited by D6chap; Sep 5, 2019 at 9:34 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 8:29 am

Can anyone confirm that a Silver passenger in Y gets access to the BA lounge at Newark while flying to Dublin? 90% sure I do get access per aerlingus.com but it's not entirely clear.
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:11 am

Yes you do
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:20 am

Great, thank you! It actually looks nicer than the EI lounge at JFK. We'll see...
Old Sep 23, 2019, 9:23 am

The wiki says: "Passengers travelling in EI Business Class (trans-atlantic). This includes access at Dublin having arrived in business class with an onward connection".

In my case, I will be traveling on Aer Lingus from U.S. to Dublin in business, then connecting to another Aer Lingus flight - but in economy - to Rome, on the same itinerary.

Would lounge access be granted (even though I would be in the lounge awaiting an economy flight)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.