Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FAQ No.1: Aer Lingus Lounges

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:10 am

Programs: $9 Fare Club
I booked it on a Monday in July but it was the same situation ~2 weeks out, wasn't available then a couple of days out it was - I get they have to capacity control it for all the J bookings in AM but there isn't the same volume post 1pm (my flight is 4.30pm) so weird enough from the DAA.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:20 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
I booked it on a Monday in July but it was the same situation ~2 weeks out, wasn't available then a couple of days out it was - I get they have to capacity control it for all the J bookings in AM but there isn't the same volume post 1pm (my flight is 4.30pm) so weird enough from the DAA.
Every Monday this October seems to have availability at 14:00 for 51st and green....what date/time are you having trouble with?
ChurnieEls likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:51 am

Originally Posted by mccartje
Every Monday this October seems to have availability at 14:00 for 51st and green....what date/time are you having trouble with?
You're right, weird cos when I checked last night my date (24th) was erroring out as lounge unavailble to book.
Old Oct 6, 2022, 9:54 am

Originally Posted by ChurnieEls
You're right, weird cos when I checked last night my date (24th) was erroring out as lounge unavailble to book.
Maybe a glitch or it does not process reservations when being made late at night (no idea why this would be though).
Old Oct 29, 2022, 12:38 pm

I have a 15:20 flight to LAX, flying economy, on a Wednesday in December. My lounge option are T2 for free (PP) or paying for 51st & Green. How long does preclearance usually take with Global Entry on a weekday early afternoon? I am deciding if it want take a chance with the free lounge or pay extra for the safety of lounging after preclearance. It seems that I will need to book 51st in advance since it is prone to filling up.

Last edited by downinit; Oct 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Old Oct 31, 2022, 1:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EI Silver, HH Gold, BW Gold, ABP, Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci
TSA Precheck is irrelevant. Do you have Global Entry?
Old Oct 31, 2022, 7:12 am

Originally Posted by stifle
TSA Precheck is irrelevant. Do you have Global Entry?
Sorry about that, I think I had a bit too much Halloween cheer this weekend. I meant to type "Global Entry," and it has now been corrected. Obviously, Precheck is worthless outside of the USA, but since it is included with GE, the two occasionally get intermingled together for me.
Old Nov 2, 2022, 7:54 pm

I always think the best option is to just go through pre clearance right away - it still took ~25 minutes at 2pm for my 4.20pm IAD flight a couple of weeks ago.
downinit and alserire like this.
Old Nov 7, 2022, 3:11 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Does anybody know if the Salon iCare lounge at CDG is open? I see I’ve got it as part of the lounge access email for a flight next March but it’s hard to find whether it’s actually open or when it will reopen.

Does this indicate it’s available to AerClub pax even if it’s not listed on the European lounges page?

Thanks!

Edit: I do see @ROKNA confirmed in May that this was the lounge, but was anyone able to confirm since whether it’s actually open?

Last edited by Pete_23567; Nov 7, 2022 at 3:20 am
Old Nov 7, 2022, 10:51 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
EI has moved from T1 to T2E at CDG so lounge details are no longer valid
Old Nov 7, 2022, 11:55 am

Programs: AerClub Concierge, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Accor ALL Silver, NH Platinum
Originally Posted by ROKNA
I read that too a week or two ago but my booking confirmation still says T1 - have they just not updated their system maybe?
Old Nov 8, 2022, 4:07 am

Programs: Aer Lingus Concierge, Radisson Rewards Platinum, BW Diamond, Hilton Gold
Update
EI has moved from terminal C to terminal A at Dusseldorf

Lounge offering continues to be the Open Sky in terminal C but to get from C to A requires going through passport control again, security again and then passport control again to reach the gate
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:09 am

Update
EI has moved from terminal C to terminal A at Dusseldorf

Lounge offering continues to be the Open Sky in terminal C but to get from C to A requires going through passport control again, security again and then passport control again to reach the gate
I flew with EI to Dusseldorf in August and September and they used terminal A.
Old Nov 8, 2022, 10:40 am

if T1 is Schengen I assume someone with a boarding pass for T2E won’t be let through security and so not even worth changing the lounge pass?
Old Nov 12, 2022, 4:51 am
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

A bit of a weird one last week at LAX TBIT. We initially went in the Amex lounge, but the bar closed at 19:00. So, we left and made our way to the One World lounge (as advised at check in). We got there around 19:15.

We were refused entry as "our flight closes at 19:35, and it's a 15 minute walk". To be fair, the BP did say that closing time, but the flight was not scheduled to push back until 20:25... He couldn't be persuaded, so we headed off.

Of course, we got to the gate just as the crew were arriving, and boarding started at about 20:10. Grrrr....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.