Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard WiFi - roll out and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:53 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
So, I have a flight today and am curious if the Gold in Business problem has come back or if it is only an issue before the flight. It is offering me the opportunity to pay to upgrade to the streaming Wi-Fi, even though I am flying business. Curious if others have encountered this and if it will be resolved once I am onboard.
Signed in with my booking reference and was correctly identified as Gold in Business last friday. Flight was booked in Business all along, so no Voucher/Bid/Mileage Upgrade was used.
Old Feb 22, 2023, 10:28 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
So, I have a flight today and am curious if the Gold in Business problem has come back or if it is only an issue before the flight. It is offering me the opportunity to pay to upgrade to the streaming Wi-Fi, even though I am flying business. Curious if others have encountered this and if it will be resolved once I am onboard.
So, I took the flight and the wifi was never turned on, so can not really say what would have happened.
Old Mar 24, 2023, 12:42 am

Programs: A3
Originally Posted by DELLAS
A few weeks ago on my LHR-ATH-LHR flights the log in was a bit buggy. It was only letting me in with my business class booking ref and not my Gold card.
Had similar issue on 2 recent flights this week (BER-ATH and ATH-BER). I was only able to log in using PNR and name which logged me in and the internet was available. When trying to log using M&B ID it was unsucessful.
Old Mar 26, 2023, 2:19 pm

Four recent sectors on SX-NED, SX-NAF, SX-NAB and SX-NAH, wifi worked well throughout the flight and my complimentary login using M&B credentials worked with ease once I remembered to switch off my VPN - you can switch it back on once connected but you can't, I think connect with it on.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 9:33 am
a.p

Programs: A3*G
I don't know who's at fault, but during all my last 4 ATH-CDG segments, i was every time unable to access the wifi.

On my phone, i was able to connect to the wifi but the aegeanwifi.com page never loaded, and on my ipad i was getting kicked out of the wifi in a matter of seconds. Flights were on SX-NAC and SX-NAL the past weekend, and on SX-NAF and SX-NAJ about a month ago.
Old Mar 30, 2023, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by a.p
I don't know who's at fault, but during all my last 4 ATH-CDG segments, i was every time unable to access the wifi.

On my phone, i was able to connect to the wifi but the aegeanwifi.com page never loaded, and on my ipad i was getting kicked out of the wifi in a matter of seconds. Flights were on SX-NAC and SX-NAL the past weekend, and on SX-NAF and SX-NAJ about a month ago.
If by any chance you have a VPN on your phone which I do, I find you have to disable it to be able to connect. You can put it straight back afterwards but wifi won't connect with it switched on.
Old May 16, 2023, 3:27 am
a.p

Originally Posted by Harper50505
If by any chance you have a VPN on your phone which I do, I find you have to disable it to be able to connect. You can put it straight back afterwards but wifi won't connect with it switched on.
I had a DNS on... (AdGuard). Silly of me. All good now.
Old May 21, 2023, 6:01 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
In Business as A3 *S with a voucher today on BRU-ATH (got the upgrade message two days ago) but still had to pay for inflight WiFi as it showed me in Y for todays flight…(it did recognize the Silver status correctly)

some little quirk or voucher-upgraded PNRs do not get the WiFi?
Old May 21, 2023, 6:08 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
I’m in the air currently on an I-class award booking. Took me a little while to find the option where to login to M&B or PNR (hint: don’t click on ‘connect to internet’ first) but it successfully recognised the business class reservation. Had no problem activating the stream option and it’s quite fast. No problems streaming YouTube or the like.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 21, 2023, 2:30 pm
a.p

Originally Posted by fets_be
In Business as A3 *S with a voucher today on BRU-ATH (got the upgrade message two days ago) but still had to pay for inflight WiFi as it showed me in Y for todays flight…(it did recognize the Silver status correctly)

some little quirk or voucher-upgraded PNRs do not get the WiFi?
I had the same experience yesterday.

What fixed it, was to login with PNR and name, instead of M&B credentials.

The tricky part was to log off my M&B account -- which i did by deleting my browser's cookies (did not find how to log off on the site).
giorginho and gioannis13 like this.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 12:03 pm

Programs: Miles and Bonus
I should also report that I am only able to log in with PNR details and not with M&B credentials when WiFi is available . I think that is something that Aegean should look into and fix it.

Also, during my recent flight BRU-ATH, I had to call a cabin crew member and report that WiFi was not working and subsequently they made an announcement that WiFi was unavailable. No apologies for the inconvenience though, although I had planned to do some work onboard as prior to the flight I checked if WiFi was available and saw that it was. I believe they should pay more attention, and check if WiFi is working before the passengers check t.
Old Jul 1, 2023, 12:14 pm

Programs: Miles and Bonus
Arrow

P.S To add to my previous message, they have added a sticker advertising the WiFi in the back of every seat, so when you do that, you raise so much the expectations and you should be careful of keeping your promise to deliver , or you make sure to notify in advance the passengers.
Old Jul 4, 2023, 6:49 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
On a3601 now and the wifi is working pretty well, very happy. But yes I logged into m&b with the captive portal and it wouldn't give me access
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Aug 1, 2023, 1:34 am

On board A3 830 right now and the wifi is working impressively well (stream). Even viber video calls work like a charm.
gioannis13 likes this.
Old Sep 13, 2023, 4:48 am

It seems like Aegean slightly changed the WiFi Sceem and even upgraded the Gold benefit:

There are now only two bundles (I recall that there had been three) and Gold member (as well as Business) now receve the 'Stream'-Bundle with 15 Mbit/s.
ComfortFlex PAX get the light Option (1.5 Mbits) for free.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.