Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Onboard WiFi - roll out and experiences

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:25 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
Working well on SX-NAC on A3531 at the moment. I only got connected after I’d turned off my Norton VPN though. I had the same on SK the other week as well so something to bear in mind if you can’t connect.

Edit: I see the VPN problem has already been mentioned above. Should have read this thread again before trying to connect.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:46 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Originally Posted by giorginho
On board A3 830 right now and the wifi is working impressively well (stream). Even viber video calls work like a charm.
Please don't be that guy making calls while in the air...

Originally Posted by vectrox
It seems like Aegean slightly changed the WiFi Sceem and even upgraded the Gold benefit:

There are now only two bundles (I recall that there had been three) and Gold member (as well as Business) now receve the 'Stream'-Bundle with 15 Mbit/s.
ComfortFlex PAX get the light Option (1.5 Mbits) for free.
This is great and will definitely help Gold when flying. I do wonder if this will impact the speeds that we were getting previously as obviously the maximum bandwidth per aircraft is limited.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios

​​​​This is great and will definitely help Gold when flying. I do wonder if this will impact the speeds that we were getting previously as obviously the maximum bandwidth per aircraft is limited.
Yep, but I would think/hope that A3 has quite good knowledge about the generall usage and availability of bandwith onboard, so I there should not be to much of an impact for C customers.
​​​​​​
Old Sep 14, 2023, 7:57 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
On board NEK now heading for LCA and only the free option is available. No way to select the stream option. No idea why.
Old Sep 14, 2023, 11:56 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios
Please don't be that guy making calls while in the air...
(give me an internet connection and before I even do anything else I'll run some tests to see what it can do, that's basically the geeky guy I am​​​​​​)
Haha, it wasn't even me, or to be more specific, it wasn't for me! Trust me, our toddlers were much quieter and happier during that particular part of the flight as they "chatted" (they were basically reacting to some gestures, it's not like they actually started a conversation) with grandma for like 5-6 minutes, so it basically benefited everyone. Plus we had a whole business class row to ourselves, while the cabin was about half-full and volume was kept way down (we could barely hear anything ourselves), so I doubt anyone could even tell.

I'd never consider it, had I had a stranger sitting shoulder to shoulder with me. Plus, personally, I have always used time spent in the air as time literally off (of everything), even on 12 hour flights the most I've done was to watch 1 movie while dosing off, I 'd never pick up work (or much worse a phone call!) on board no matter the reason. Before we had kids, flying had turned to a spa-like experience for us (not that I would know that much about spas ​​​​​​), just total disconnection and enjoying the flight. So in thinking, that this could/would be true for others as well, I always try my best to not be the cause of any inconvenience myself (also in general).

I remember once sitting next to a young passenger in business class quite a few years ago (maybe as far as 10 years ago?), who just wouldn't sh*# up all the way from boarding to taxiing to basically take-off, at which point (around the "cabin crew prepare for take-off" part) the chief FA had to basically threaten him, in order for him to terminate his last call. Apart from the fact, that he was also incredibly loud (this wasn't like a "sweet, long goodbye call" to a girlfriend, he was basically yelling at people as if he was their bad boss or something like that), this was all during the quietest phases of riding an aircraft, since at least when airborne you're looking at something like 75-80db basic background noise from the engines anyway.

Oh yeah, half an hour later he was infuriated by the fact that he was served the pre-ordered meal of his own choice, which was.... The fruit platter (something he claimed to have never ordered and demanded to eat something "real", I particularly enjoyed him being told, that even economy pasta meals were out, so he was just left with what was basically just the dessert of every other business class meal ​​​​​​).
Anyway, why are memories triggered so easily?
Old Dec 8, 2023, 6:42 am

The text & surf package is free from now on for all Miles&Bonus Blue and Silver members. Gold members (and Business Class passengers) will continue to receive the stream package for free. https://en.aegeanair.com/travel-info.../wifi-onboard/
Old Dec 8, 2023, 8:15 am

Yes and the Pontians at Aegean thought, that it would make perfect sense to sell wi-fi access (Text&Surf) to non members of the FFP for a fixed price (6€) .... OR..... alternatively.... a fixed amount of.... miles!
fets_be likes this.
Old Mar 8, 2024, 10:08 am

Quick question. When I log into the wifi with my M&B account, can I still collect miles with M&M? Or that does then replace any prior added FFP?

Plan would be to add my M&M number at check-in.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:58 pm
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
Over the last few flights I noticed that, being a user of Apple devices, the Wifi login process (PNR+Name) only works when using the Safari browser. When using Chrome the form would take 30 seconds to submit and then return an error. With safari it would go through normally. I've been able to replicate this behavior on both an iPhone and MacBook, on multiple flights. Perhaps good to know for others trying to activate WiFi on their iDevice.
intuition and Harper50505 like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.