FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Double tier and award miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2025604-double-tier-award-miles.html)

KLouis Nov 2, 2020 6:38 pm

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 32790289)
...{loooong snip}...as I am not sure we will get out of this mess by May.

Well, (real) experts suggest the end of this mess may be in about 2-4 years from now. Considering that the Black Death took a few centuries to finally disappear and AIDS, after 4 decades, still kills ~700K people yearly, some may call this is a rather optimistic forecast.

NWIFlyer Nov 9, 2020 5:51 am

Further data point, I think with a scenario we've not seen up to now.

Booked within promotion period, LHR-ATH-LHR.

ATH-LHR flight was cancelled outside the promotion period and I was moved onto the next available service.

To prevent any chance of the ticket being re-issued in its entirety, I flew the outbound without accepting the change - A3 did e-mail me for a second time asking me to accept or reject, and I responded advising them I hadn't yet decided. Outbound flight posted as double miles.

Until check-in opened, whenever I went into MMB I was still asked to confirm the change. I continued to ignore those messages.

At T-48h, when check-in opened for the ATH-LHR revised flight, all change/accept/deny messages disappeared. I checked in. This didn't seem to cause a re-ticket because I didn't receive any more e-mails. The miles posted in the normal timescale as double miles.

So it seems that if you're happy with any proposed involuntary changes, the answer is not to touch the booking but instead just to check-in as normal.

2P or not 2P Nov 11, 2020 8:18 am

I had to change my booking as it was this weekend (LHR-ATH-LHR) and flying isn't really an option. Changed to 4 weeks later, but revised confirmation (via call centre) still has the original booking date, so hope it sticks. Incidentally well over half of business has been allocated for my revised flight in mid-December, suspect it's popular with the fare/double point sweet spot that was around in early October!

Garimi Nov 11, 2020 10:36 am

Originally Posted by 2P or not 2P (Post 32812251)
I had to change my booking as it was this weekend (LHR-ATH-LHR) and flying isn't really an option. Changed to 4 weeks later, but revised confirmation (via call centre) still has the original booking date, so hope it sticks. Incidentally well over half of business has been allocated for my revised flight in mid-December, suspect it's popular with the fare/double point sweet spot that was around in early October!

I changed my flights to August...one was cancelled and also I received new confirmation with old booking date

Xandrios Nov 12, 2020 2:36 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer (Post 32806808)
At T-48h, when check-in opened for the ATH-LHR revised flight, all change/accept/deny messages disappeared. I checked in. This didn't seem to cause a re-ticket because I didn't receive any more e-mails. The miles posted in the normal timescale as double miles.

So it seems that if you're happy with any proposed involuntary changes, the answer is not to touch the booking but instead just to check-in as normal.

Question is if the same would not have happened if you had just accepted their suggested flight online. When you call and ask them for specific flights likely they will manually re-ticket, however, in your case I expect that the system simply automatically accepted the change for you as the flight date was approaching. Guess we wont know for sure until somebody tries..

ranskis Nov 12, 2020 5:16 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 32814297)
Question is if the same would not have happened if you had just accepted their suggested flight online. When you call and ask them for specific flights likely they will manually re-ticket, however, in your case I expect that the system simply automatically accepted the change for you as the flight date was approaching. Guess we wont know for sure until somebody tries..

If you call and ask for specific flights, then the ticket is revalidated by default (same original booking date). I tried to change a ticket involuntarily during the double miles promo to get double miles and was pissed off when I got the new ticket with the original ticketing date. It is there standard procedure when the change is involuntary and revalidation is an option (same flight coupons with origin/destination, just a different date, flight number (and possibly a different booking class?). If you change HER ATH FRA into HER FRA direct of vice versa, then reissue is mandatory I think. Not sure how the online process is working, I hve not tried it.

intuition Jan 8, 2021 8:06 am

Originally Posted by Bassprofessor (Post 32767496)
When you rebook via phone, you get an electronic travel receipt in which the booking date is mentioned. The document attached was sent two days ago and the booking date still says 05Oct.

https://cimg9.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...c108bd29db.png

Is the consensus that rebook over phone after involuntary cancellation will still be eligible for the 2x tier and award promotion?

I just got notice of flight cancellation for a march departure. N.b. This is a ticket that was originally booked in july, before promo-period. The last (only) rebooking was made 13 OKT, ie during promo-period. After rebooking two receipts were issued one being a copy of original booking, one covering the fare-difference paid. Both receipts had (invoice?) date 14/10/20, but neither this nor the ticket confirmation has any reference to a booking date AFAICT

https://cimg5.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...34b1161180.png

If rebooking voids the 2x promo, I feel it is better to ask for refund (ticket is booking class A, fully flexible and fully refundable anyway)

headingwest Jan 8, 2021 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by intuition (Post 32950511)
Is the consensus that rebook over phone after involuntary cancellation will still be eligible for the 2x tier and award promotion?

I just got notice of flight cancellation for a march departure. N.b. This is a ticket that was originally booked in july, before promo-period. The last (only) rebooking was made 13 OKT, ie during promo-period. After rebooking two receipts were issued one being a copy of original booking, one covering the fare-difference paid. Both receipts had (invoice?) date 14/10/20, but neither this nor the ticket confirmation has any reference to a booking date AFAICT

If rebooking voids the 2x promo, I feel it is better to ask for refund (ticket is booking class A, fully flexible and fully refundable anyway)

I would definitely call them and ask. I imagine that when you rebooked, it fell within the promo period, therefore the new e-ticket would become eligible for double miles. As that flight was cancelled, it's possible you could request the X2 miles. The problem is, they can use 2 dates - the date the PNR was generated (for the original e-ticket in the booking) or the date that the second e-ticket was issued.

Who knows which they will use, the only way to find out is call up and ask!

powergean Jan 26, 2021 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32951505)
I would definitely call them and ask. I imagine that when you rebooked, it fell within the promo period, therefore the new e-ticket would become eligible for double miles. As that flight was cancelled, it's possible you could request the X2 miles. The problem is, they can use 2 dates - the date the PNR was generated (for the original e-ticket in the booking) or the date that the second e-ticket was issued.

Who knows which they will use, the only way to find out is call up and ask!

i did! After any change, is a new ticket, no double miles..

headingwest Jan 27, 2021 12:03 am

Originally Posted by powergean (Post 32996305)
i did! After any change, is a new ticket, no double miles..

I assume this is your LHR booking. Was your flight cancelled?

If not, of course you won't get the double miles. A voluntary change (outside the promotion period last September) would never earn X2 miles.

unusualtravelblog Jan 27, 2021 3:32 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32997319)

If not, of course you won't get the double miles. A voluntary change (outside the promotion period last September) would never earn X2 miles.

What about an involuntary change?

headingwest Jan 27, 2021 3:38 am

Originally Posted by unusualtravelblog (Post 32997506)
What about an involuntary change?

I can only speak from my experience...

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/32950488-post428.html

powergean Jan 27, 2021 5:25 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32997319)

Yes! But also, if Aegean cancells the flight, they only returning the price or miles, but not giving double miles for your next flight.

headingwest Jan 27, 2021 6:40 am

Originally Posted by powergean (Post 32997599)
Yes! But also, if Aegean cancells the flight, they only returning the price or miles, but not giving double miles for your next flight.

So why did they do it for me? Am I special!?

intuition Jan 27, 2021 6:58 am

Originally Posted by powergean (Post 32997599)

What are you talking about?

Originally Posted by AegeanAir Schedule Change
We would like to inform you that, in the context of the adaptation of our flight schedule due to the changing dynamics of bookings caused by the pandemic of COVID-19, we have been forced to cancel your flight.

As to better adjust your travel plans, you have the following options:

Modify reservation

You can rebook your ticket on any available flight to the same destination at a new time or future date and/or to a different destination, through our call center or through your travel agent.

They cancel and contact you with an offer to rebook -> you contact them to rebook, while letting them know the reservation was booked under a 2x miles promo and ask kindly them to honour that. They can modify the reservation without altering the booking date thus preserving conditions for the promo.

This is what headingwest is referring to, not a blanket statement on "giving double miles for your next flight"