FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Double tier and award miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2025604-double-tier-award-miles.html)

:D! Oct 14, 20 10:32 am

Yeah that's the issue, I have 5 hours left to decide if I want to book something in this promo, but I think it will just have to be a mileage run turning around in ATH.

So if I do test positive I should be safely at home by the time I get a call and then I am happy to stay there.

If a C class ticket is fully refundable without any hassle I can decide whether to go or not later. The sandwich bag is not very enticing but the prices seem OK, I may have to go twice to get 4 flights though....

Garimi Oct 14, 20 2:32 pm


Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 32746359)
I do agree with this policy if it's voluntary change, but in the case if you need to change due to A3 cancelling flights, or any other reasons (involuntary) outside of the customer's control, and NOT give the double miles and tier point, this will be A3 Customer Service at it's worst.
I hope that my trips for next year will happen as planned so I don't need to go into any contact with customer service for reclaim.

Cheers!

It's what happens to me

I bought ticket on 7 Jan 2020 and Aegean cancelled late flight LHR-ATH so they moved me to another and I was earning a lot less miles with new earning table....now trying to fix it but it mess with their Customers Service....
they saying all the time the same ticket reissued after 15 Sept 2020 have new earnings table....

giorginho Oct 15, 20 1:49 am

OK, so it looks like I won't be able to "test" the "same-day-free-rebooking" after all (which could probably be for the better, as many have reported that miles get credited depending on the date of the re-booking, which I've also once this year taken advantage of, however I thought that maybe in this case the original booking date matters as to if someone "qualifies" for the promotion and miles would get credited at 2x regardless of re-bookings and regardless of what a couple of phone agents have said - I've had a few who have told me a bunch of BS regarding Aegean's own T&C's in the past, so...).
Due to the strike today, Aegean is filling up all its planes tomorrow with today's passengers, so tomorrow everything is booked out (or it's just Aegean blocking everything on tomorrow's flights since yesterday, because they need to accomodate today's passengers, which is a good move if you were flying today of course).
Anyway, I hope the lounge at Dusseldorf stays open another day, now that the city has reached the "high-risk" limit (disclaimer: I don't live there :P ).

Jacksong Oct 18, 20 1:17 pm


Originally Posted by nldogbert (Post 32746359)
I do agree with this policy if it's voluntary change, but in the case if you need to change due to A3 cancelling flights, or any other reasons (involuntary) outside of the customer's control, and NOT give the double miles and tier point, this will be A3 Customer Service at it's worst.
I hope that my trips for next year will happen as planned so I don't need to go into any contact with customer service for reclaim.

Cheers!

Am about to find out how they handle precisely this situation. Booked on the 9th of Oct inside the window and then got a schedule change notification on the 16th (day before departure) for the return flights causing a misconnect the day before flying out so absolutely no way to avoid rebooking. So far for the journey out it looks like single miles have posted to my account but literally nothing to my partners account (M+B number is on the BP) so I will probably end up challenging them on the change being outside of my control but not super confident it'll get anywhere - perhaps I should have waited until after the flight out to reschedule to return but it was only a two night hop! The reissued tickets are endorsed to acknowledge a schedule change so maybe ...

Jacqui

Garimi Oct 20, 20 4:31 am

They cancel my flight on 13 Nov ATH-LHR and put me at later service what day but it will trigger reissue tickets so no double miles and be sure what they will deny any wrong doing...so I will cancel ticket...good what I have earlier one so I will get 3 and 4 flight on Aegean....

Cookoovaya Oct 20, 20 6:40 am


Originally Posted by Garimi (Post 32759966)
They cancel my flight on 13 Nov ATH-LHR and put me at later service what day but it will trigger reissue tickets so no double miles and be sure what they will deny any wrong doing...so I will cancel ticket...good what I have earlier one so I will get 3 and 4 flight on Aegean....

It's frustrating biting the bullet and booking a few flights that was the result of an attractive offer and then having your flight(s) cancelled. In the end, I would challenge them on the basis that operational changes are out of your control stating that your flights were booked as a result of their promo. The right thing to do, is to honour their offer.

Carpacchio Oct 20, 20 8:48 am


Originally Posted by Garimi (Post 32759966)
They cancel my flight on 13 Nov ATH-LHR and put me at later service what day but it will trigger reissue tickets so no double miles and be sure what they will deny any wrong doing...so I will cancel ticket...good what I have earlier one so I will get 3 and 4 flight on Aegean....

It seems this was potentially a mischievous (or use another word) strategy of them:
offer the double miles promo -> people book = more cash inflow -> cancel / change the flights which was the intention anyway -> no double miles

So in the end: more cash than they would have gotten without the promo, and potentially not a lot of extra miles to give.

powergean Oct 20, 20 11:43 am

i dont belive that they canceling flights because of that. Not logic. I dont know exactly, but dont think, that more then 5% of the passengers traveling for the miles.... If Aegean canceling a flight, has to take care about the rest aswell...

By the way, has anybody a idea, how many gold FT Aegean has?

giorginho Oct 20, 20 4:38 pm

I just hope the conspiracy theorists among you will (if needed) take the time and demand that the airline credits the miles that were legally agreed upon by fulfilling the requirements of the published promotion. An involuntary change should not cause "damages" to the passenger (if anything they should take measures to compensate for the inconvenience).
​​​​​Wait until you have flown and check out your account balance. If 1x miles instead of 2x get credited, write to Aegean and if they deny, just follow the appropriate steps to "make them" deliver what they promised they would deliver.
​​​​​

powergean Oct 20, 20 5:07 pm

I am not so worry about..

Carpacchio Oct 21, 20 12:59 am


Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 32761504)
I just hope the conspiracy theorists among you will (if needed) take the time and demand that the airline credits the miles that were legally agreed upon by fulfilling the requirements of the published promotion. An involuntary change should not cause "damages" to the passenger (if anything they should take measures to compensate for the inconvenience).
​​​​​Wait until you have flown and check out your account balance. If 1x miles instead of 2x get credited, write to Aegean and if they deny, just follow the appropriate steps to "make them" deliver what they promised they would deliver.
​​​​​

Of course we will do that - I just fear it might be equally successful as getting a legally justified refund for a cancelled flight (instead of a voucher).
Once bitten, twice shy. But maybe they surprise on the positive side, who knows.

headingwest Oct 21, 20 1:30 am


Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 32761504)
If 1x miles instead of 2x get credited, write to Aegean and if they deny, just follow the appropriate steps to "make them" deliver what they promised they would deliver.
​​​​​

And how do you suppose anyone can ''make them'' deliver what they promised? What course of action would you take to get them to deliver??

giorginho Oct 21, 20 1:50 am

You're still just speculating. Wait and see. I would figure something out if this scenario were to occur.
(btw SKG check in only in the new terminal, gates however in the old :rolleyes:​​​​​​)

headingwest Oct 21, 20 2:08 am


Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 32762333)
You're still just speculating. Wait and see. I would figure something out if this scenario were to occur.
(btw SKG check in only in the new terminal, gates however in the old :rolleyes:​​​​​​)

Not speculating at all...it has already been confirmed to me on Twitter. If you rebook a booking with a cancelled flight, you lose the X2 miles.

https://cimg7.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...67e237d364.png

giorginho Oct 21, 20 7:34 am


Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32762364)
...it has already been confirmed to me on Twitter.

​​​​​​Not the way I am reading that discussion...


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 3:38 pm.


This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.