FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Double tier and award miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2025604-double-tier-award-miles.html)

Grigoris Oct 7, 20 6:15 am

A question to avoid rebooking: did A3 fly twice daily to OTP in pre-virus times?
I am a bit surprised and suspicious about such a frequency scheduled for April 2021.

Yreal Oct 7, 20 6:52 am

Originally Posted by Grigoris (Post 32728871)
A question to avoid rebooking: did A3 fly twice daily to OTP in pre-virus times?
I am a bit surprised and suspicious about such a frequency scheduled for April 2021.

yes, sometimes codesharing with tarom.

giorginho Oct 9, 20 1:26 pm

As I previously (indirectly) mentioned, I am considering making a same-day change to an earlier flight on the 16th. Do the rest of you feel confident that I will only get 1x miles instead of the originally planned 2x, according to my original booking date (which was within the promotional period)?
In case the change works out against me, I am looking at losing about 1000-1100 miles, so I am still kind of curious to "test" it and provide some valuable feedback about how the system works in such cases (unless you are 100% certain it's a bad idea). :rolleyes:

powergean Oct 9, 20 1:35 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho (Post 32735523)
As I previously (indirectly) mentioned, I am considering making a same-day change to an earlier flight on the 16th. Do the rest of you feel confident that I will only get 1x miles instead of the originally planned 2x, according to my original booking date (which was within the promotional period)?
In case the change works out against me, I am looking at losing about 1000-1100 miles, so I am still kind of curious to "test" it and provide some valuable feedback about how the system works in such cases (unless you are 100% certain it's a bad idea). :rolleyes:

You are still in the period , untill 14oct.

ClanJ Oct 9, 20 1:42 pm

The change of flights was processed as a comfort flex so received new tickets and at the same time received an email to say "your refund request has been successfully processed". What the refund is have no idea.

giorginho Oct 9, 20 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by powergean (Post 32735550)
You are still in the period , untill 16 oct.

​​​​​​Booking period is until the ​​​​​14th... :rolleyes:
Done that, perhaps a last-minute re-booking won't affect it :rolleyes:​​​​​​.

nikolask Oct 10, 20 2:02 am

I booked a flight a week ago and noticed that my M&B card was not in the booking for some reason. I called up Aegean today to have it added to my reservation and they informed me that the double miles promo will not apply for me since I needed to have entered the booking during the reservation. A rule that doesn't make any sense to me...

irishguy28 Oct 10, 20 6:53 am

Originally Posted by nikolask (Post 32736799)
A rule that doesn't make any sense to me...

Any reason why you didn't input your M+B number when making the booking - or was it just oversight?

They're pretty clear in the emails and on the webpage that you should enter your M+B number when making the booking to avail of the offer. As such, they seem to explicitly rule out double miles if you end up making a retro-claim.

powergean Oct 10, 20 12:00 pm

Originally Posted by irishguy28 (Post 32737028)
Any reason why you didn't input your M+B number when making the booking - or was it just oversight?

They're pretty clear in the emails and on the webpage that you should enter your M+B number when making the booking to avail of the offer. As such, they seem to explicitly rule out double miles if you end up making a retro-claim.

I didnt input my aswell, but i booked from my aegean account, and its ok.

ozon78 Oct 12, 20 11:46 am

Some praise to Aegean customer service

On my way back from Kos to Heathrow (via Athens) both of my flights were affected by the air traffic controllers' stoppages on October 7th (KGS-ATH) and October 8th (ATH-LHR). I was automatically rebooked with the Kos flight leaving later in the afternoon (of the 7th) and, on the 8th, I was moved from the originally booked A3 600 (departing 9.15 am) to A3 602 departing at 1.30 pm. That left me with only 1 hour 45 minutes to get the bag at LHR T2, move to T5, drop the bag etc. for my BA departure for Glasgow (the last that evening) - the connection which I expected to miss and resigned to getting the hotel and another flight - the following morning- booked via the 'travel delay' insurance on my Amex card.

I did ask at Kos whether they would be able to check my bag through to Glasgow and the answer was No, which I sort of anticipated (two different bookings etc.) However, the check-in agent was absolutely amazing! She went to the Aegean office at the airport (next to the check-in counters), 20 min of discussions and phone calls and then Aegean rep came out to ask if I would like to be re-booked onto the BA's service departing at 7.10 am which would get me to Heathrow with plenty of time to make my connection and if so, she would process an involuntary rebooking onto BA's flight in C class (as per the originally booked ticket). My jaw dropped and I said yes please:-) All was done within 10 minutes, she then insisted on checking that I was indeed in business (via BA.com), asked me to check-in so that she could be sure all was working (and it did) and that was it! All with lots of smiles (behind the face masks) and sympathy and understanding.

The BA flight was half-empty (got 1D - F all to myself) and on-time and I got my Avios the following day. I then emailed Aegean Customer Services asking, politely, to have the miles for the original flight credited to my account (less concerned about the miles and more concerned about the last - fourth - sector to requalify). Emailed on Friday, the answer came today (Monday) confirming that this was done and yes - the double tier and award miles for the cancelled flight are in my account, all requalified and happy until 2022!

Miraculous and HUGE credit to the amazing staff at Kos and, also, Aegean customer services.

headingwest Oct 12, 20 2:49 pm

Fantastic story ozon78, great to hear that they pulled out all the stop for you. Well done Aegean!

:D! Oct 12, 20 3:20 pm

Very nice, you probably would have made it with the later A3 flight, but I suppose you might have enjoyed it less if stressing about the connection

Grigoris Oct 12, 20 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by ozon78 (Post 32722104)

Award miles for gold member are multiplied by 2,2. It is nice

boaz84 Oct 12, 20 5:35 pm

I'm wondering:

I want to purchase a ticket today/tomorrow to make it within the Oct 14th window for this promotion, and then immediately apply an upgrade coupon to I class. Assuming all goes well, and it's
upgraded over the phone with no issue -
What would happen if down the road I need to cancel / change this ticket? Would it be straight by the eco fare rules (prob going to purchase Flex ticket)? Or does the ticket being I class
complicates things?

ozon78 Oct 12, 20 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by boaz84 (Post 32742769)
I'm wondering:

I want to purchase a ticket today/tomorrow to make it within the Oct 14th window for this promotion, and then immediately apply an upgrade coupon to I class. Assuming all goes well, and it's
upgraded over the phone with no issue -
What would happen if down the road I need to cancel / change this ticket? Would it be straight by the eco fare rules (prob going to purchase Flex ticket)? Or does the ticket being I class
complicates things?

In my experience (with Aegean) it is always the ticket rules attached to the underlying fare (i.e. flexible economy) that applied.