FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Double tier and award miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2025604-double-tier-award-miles.html)

AlwaysFlyStar Oct 13, 20 12:38 am

Originally Posted by boaz84 (Post 32742769)
I'm wondering:

I want to purchase a ticket today/tomorrow to make it within the Oct 14th window for this promotion, and then immediately apply an upgrade coupon to I class. Assuming all goes well, and it's
upgraded over the phone with no issue -
What would happen if down the road I need to cancel / change this ticket? Would it be straight by the eco fare rules (prob going to purchase Flex ticket)? Or does the ticket being I class
complicates things?

Two complications I could foresee would be
1) that once you upgrade, you can no longer make changes online, so you must pay the 20 EUR phone fee.
2) if the flight/s you want to change to do/es not have I class availability, you forfeit the voucher/s you used. I am not sure if this still would apply when they change/cancel the flight on their end, but I imagine somebody else would know.

But as long as you are okay with that, shouldn't be a problem...

Carpacchio Oct 13, 20 1:08 am

Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar (Post 32743427)
Two complications I could foresee would be
1) that once you upgrade, you can no longer make changes online, so you must pay the 20 EUR phone fee.
2) if the flight/s you want to change to do/es not have I class availability, you forfeit the voucher/s you used. I am not sure if this still would apply when they change/cancel the flight on their end, but I imagine somebody else would know.

But as long as you are okay with that, shouldn't be a problem...

If they cancel the flight, you get the voucher back (happened to me).
If you cancel / change, you can re-apply the voucher to the new flight and if there is I availability (potentially after being on waiting list), you can use it, otherwise it's forfeited.That's at least what the lady of the Gold line told me when I recently changed a flight.

AlwaysFlyStar Oct 13, 20 1:35 am

Originally Posted by Carpacchio (Post 32743454)
If they cancel the flight, you get the voucher back (happened to me).
If you cancel / change, you can re-apply the voucher to the new flight and if there is I availability (potentially after being on waiting list), you can use it, otherwise it's forfeited.That's at least what the lady of the Gold line told me when I recently changed a flight.

Oh I didn't know you could use the voucher for waitlisting like that. I was told in the past that it was not possible by an agent, but would be great news if it is.

powergean Oct 13, 20 4:35 am

They told me today, on gold telefon line, that tomorrow is the last day, if i want to change my flex ticket, for double miles.After that date, i can change, but will not take double miles. 3 weeks ago they told me the opposite, that the date of the original tickets counts, and i can change it as many time i want, and having double miles....The lady was also not sure about, i was holding the line for 20 min, befor she found it out... Good to know!

boaz84 Oct 13, 20 9:40 am

Thanks all for the feedback!
By the way, I thought of asking Aegean "officially" about getting / not getting double miles if you need to change the ticket down the road, and their Twitter team seems to confirm
that indeed if you change your ticket and it's re-issued after 14/10 it will NOT receive double miles.

https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...d25989b3d6.png

Anubis13 Oct 13, 20 2:15 pm

If i book tomorrow do i get double miles?

powergean Oct 13, 20 2:23 pm

Yes, last day!

headingwest Oct 14, 20 1:27 am

I can't wait for the triple miles promotion! :D

powergean Oct 14, 20 1:49 am

Coming soon! Skyexpress will bring up to 5 A320 neo planes! The first will start to operate in december.

nldogbert Oct 14, 20 2:21 am

Originally Posted by boaz84 (Post 32744389)
Thanks all for the feedback!
By the way, I thought of asking Aegean "officially" about getting / not getting double miles if you need to change the ticket down the road, and their Twitter team seems to confirm
that indeed if you change your ticket and it's re-issued after 14/10 it will NOT receive double miles.

I do agree with this policy if it's voluntary change, but in the case if you need to change due to A3 cancelling flights, or any other reasons (involuntary) outside of the customer's control, and NOT give the double miles and tier point, this will be A3 Customer Service at it's worst.
I hope that my trips for next year will happen as planned so I don't need to go into any contact with customer service for reclaim.

Cheers!

unusualtravelblog Oct 14, 20 4:04 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32746322)
I can't wait for the triple miles promotion! :D

I really suffer from FOMO by missing promotions from FFPs. I really want to book some flights now with Aegean for 2021 but we still don't know how Covid will affect 2021.
If a triple miles promotions comes I'll feel scammed lol.

Yreal Oct 14, 20 5:18 am

I couldnt resist and grabbed a return flight for march 2021 at minuts to midnight.

I mean, if they dont keep the dutch out this this point, its not gonna happen ever.

:D! Oct 14, 20 6:23 am

Does anyone know if booking C class tickets can be easily refunded in full online or are you forced to phone up and pay a fee?

Also, if you are asked to do a test when you arrive in ATH how long does it usually take to get the results? What happens if you already left Greece and you happen to test positive?

Yreal Oct 14, 20 7:59 am

Originally Posted by :D! (Post 32746616)
Does anyone know if booking C class tickets can be easily refunded in full online or are you forced to phone up and pay a fee?

Also, if you are asked to do a test when you arrive in ATH how long does it usually take to get the results? What happens if you already left Greece and you happen to test positive?

i never heared back from the tests at entry, so i assume all of them showed up negative.

If you already left greece, its up to wherever you ended up.

Xandrios Oct 14, 20 10:14 am

They will call you within 24h if you tested positive. If you are in another country at that time, well, make sure that you isolate yourself at that point.. :)