FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles&Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Double tier and award miles (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/2025604-double-tier-award-miles.html)

palcsaky Sep 24, 20 8:47 am

A3 seem to have pulled the evening LHR flight on most of the days until the end of March 2021.

Question regarding business class tickets. Do I need to call to request a refund or can I do it online? And if I have to call, do they charge the 20 agent processing fee?

Xandrios Sep 24, 20 8:50 am

KLouis, slightly offtopic, but you may want to check the miles/status extension programmes currently in force for FB. As far as I know they have paused all miles-expiry processes at least until the end of the year. If you have any kind of status (Or FB Amex card) the miles shouldn't expire at all.

The A3 double tier miles offer would be interesting if one is trying to build status. Combined with the 50% discount you could get large amounts of status miles by flying business within Europe. If you already had status you likely are now in the extension-period, meaning that any status-miles earned are not counted towards re-qualification - so that is less useful. I don't believe that the 50%-off promo works for flights next year.

One additional usecase for this promotion could be to collect award miles. A ~100 euro business class flight will get you close to 8K award miles (especially having Gold with the 20% bonus on top). Having a 1 cent-per-mile valuation that means you basically get 80 euro back on that 100 euro ticket. Not quite worth a mileage run, but nevertheless a great way to fly business class for next to nothing. Very useful if you have to travel anyway.

Of course, be careful with collecting large amounts of awards miles (as always). Aegean can at any time reduce the value of those award miles by increasing prices for reward flights. And if A3 were to go out of business, your miles would be gone too.

Originally Posted by palcsaky (Post 32697485)
A3 seem to have pulled the evening LHR flight on most of the days until the end of March 2021.

Question regarding business class tickets. Do I need to call to request a refund or can I do it online? And if I have to call, do they charge the €20 agent processing fee?

You will have to call and they will charge the 20 euro service fee. Unfortunately that's always been the case :(

Cookoovaya Sep 24, 20 9:06 am

Question regarding business class tickets. Do I need to call to request a refund or can I do it online? And if I have to call, do they charge the 20 agent processing fee?

Got my 12:15 LHR November flight cancelled as well.

Yreal Sep 24, 20 9:27 am

Seems... sane?

I mean, who want to arrive at 4.00 in the morning in greece? Well, beside people requalifying...

Yreal Sep 24, 20 9:31 am

Ah, just got some emails of Ath-skg flights being shuffeld.

NWIFlyer Sep 24, 20 12:28 pm

Originally Posted by Yreal (Post 32697573)
Seems... sane?

I mean, who want to arrive at 4.00 in the morning in greece? Well, beside people requalifying...

I’ve done it, and not primarily because of mileage running - typically the fares are more competitive, the UA lounge at LHR is usually empty meaning they almost literally try and pour champagne down your neck, and in terms of a connection through to SKG, and probably elsewhere, actually it works very well in terms of not losing a day of holiday.

ATH only - not so great given all you can get at that time of the morning is a bus!

So for these sort of offers where ATH is the destination, the early and mid afternoon flights are better, and strangely seem to offer the best J pricing.

headingwest Sep 24, 20 1:40 pm

I wish they had published some terms & conditions with this X2 Miles promotion.

Let's say you book within the window until 14th October. Then, due to COVID-19 restrictions, you have to rebook for a later date. Presumably you'd not get double miles because it would be re-ticketed after 14th October, or would the date the booking (PNR) was generated count? It's pretty vague!

In addition to that, you'd have to pay any fare difference. So, as I already have 4 Credit Vouchers and given the current uncertainty, I'm not so sure I want to throw more money their way. That said, this offer is very tempting!!

yurtripper Sep 24, 20 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32698315)

Let's say you book within the window until 14th October. Then, due to COVID-19 restrictions, you have to rebook for a later date. Presumably you'd not get double miles because it would be re-ticketed after 14th October, or would the date the booking (PNR) was generated count? It's pretty vague!

In addition to that, you'd have to pay any fare difference. So, as I already have 4 Credit Vouchers and given the current uncertainty, I'm not so sure I want to throw more money their way. That said, this offer is very tempting!!

I came to here to post a question about whether a flight that’s rescheduled after the promo period will retain the double miles, then I saw the post by headingwest asking the same thing.

I agree that this is something I will need clarification on before making any bookings, given there’s a high chance of rebooking being needed.

Xandrios Sep 25, 20 2:10 am

With all other promotions lately the date of the issuance of the e-ticket counts, irrelevant if that was the original booking or a change later on. So it is plausible that if you rebook outside of the ticketing-window for this promotion, that you won't get the double points.

Having said that, theoretically it can also be based on the date of the booking rather than the ticket. From a technical perspective that's possible. Its just not the convention with the other promo's lately.

headingwest Sep 25, 20 2:21 am

That's the problem, nobody knows. That's why they should have published terms & conditions with the promotion!

Archon1995 Sep 25, 20 10:18 am

Finnair and SAS are also doing double points/miles promotions. Just FYI for the folks here who don't normally pay attention to those programs.

Alexandros Bravos Sep 25, 20 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 32699350)
With all other promotions lately the date of the issuance of the e-ticket counts, irrelevant if that was the original booking or a change later on. So it is plausible that if you rebook outside of the ticketing-window for this promotion, that you won't get the double points.

Having said that, theoretically it can also be based on the date of the booking rather than the ticket. From a technical perspective that's possible. Its just not the convention with the other promo's lately.

Very good point

NextWhiteDeath Sep 25, 20 3:22 pm

Originally Posted by Archon1995 (Post 32700008)
Finnair and SAS are also doing double points/miles promotions. Just FYI for the folks here who don't normally pay attention to those programs.

AF/KLM has double xp currently as well. So if you can and want to fly it isn't that hard to get statues now if you don't mind sitting on short-haul flights.

powergean Sep 26, 20 11:07 am

Originally Posted by headingwest (Post 32698315)

Super question! I go to call now, to find out:-)
So, day told me , in thes case, you must change your flight , then you have the same date of buy , so you take 2x miles. Dont take voucher!

giorginho Sep 27, 20 7:35 am

I might be able to provide you with some "real-life" input about this matter right after the promotional period ends. ;)