Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

COVID-19: re-qualification, A3 extends status and earning period by 6 months

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

COVID-19: re-qualification, A3 extends status and earning period by 6 months

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2020, 5:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: aegean gold , klm explorer
TBH if it would be enough, i would bite the bullet right now instead of waiting it out. It would be good to just get it over with.

Instead planning a trip late april. Ams-arn-ath-tll-arn-ams should be enough for me. 2 segements and 7000 milles.
Old Mar 16, 2020, 9:00 am

Programs: A3(*G), Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, IHG Diamond Ambassador
If this situation goes on till summer, and I think in Europe it certainly will, I can't see how airlines won't give a status waiver to elites - assuming they're not already bankrupt by then that is.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 1:14 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, HH G,Hyatt E,*A Gold, OW Emerald.
Originally Posted by yurtripper
If this situation goes on till summer, and I think in Europe it certainly will, I can't see how airlines won't give a status waiver to elites - assuming they're not already bankrupt by then that is.
depends on the financial and PR motivation for each airline FFP.
A3 may or may not give the waiver.
Or give a waiver only for those who can fly any 2 flights on A3/OA within their qualification period.
Or reduce mileage requirements to half of the current gold/silver requirements. etc.
you will need a good crystal ball to see the future for this kind of speculation.
just hope for the best (some waiver), but prepare for the worst (no waivers).
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:14 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by yurtripper
Status extensions or fast(er)-track promotions to retain/get status are the kind of waivers I expect to see make the rounds.

My A3*G is good well into 2021.
Old Mar 17, 2020, 3:21 am

Programs: *G
Finnair Plus announced this week, status expire date of all status members is prolonged for 6 months.
I hope A3 does same also....
Old Mar 19, 2020, 2:12 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
With a foot i two camps be gold with AIRNZ and Gold with A3: So today have had my Gold status with AIRNZ extended by 12 months. IMHO both these airlines are similar in structure and profile in there size ans market in opposite sides of the world means they are nimble and able adapt quickly. So now awaiting A3 solution but think well positioned to come ou well.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 1:09 am

Programs: Nectar Card
Has there been anymore news (that anyone has heard) about Aegean possibly offering extensions or exceptions for imminently expiring status? Besides their unremarkable (but still gracious) offer of 25% off tier miles purchases?
Old Mar 26, 2020, 4:52 am

They may do something depending on how long this lasts which is currently expected to be Summer. They might be considering allowing you to buy those status miles raising it from current threshold to 12K.
MrArkadin likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 7:10 pm

Just let me buy 4 A3 flights and let's say I flew.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 9:14 pm

Originally Posted by sokolov
Hear hear! In theory they shouldn't care (except that it would maybe violate a lot of rules and norms); they get to sell the seat, and don't even have to carry the passenger lolol.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 10:00 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS
They may do something depending on how long this lasts which is currently expected to be Summer. They might be considering allowing you to buy those status miles raising it from current threshold to 12K.
That's something I guess, but I suppose what I was hoping they would do is extend the qualification period for everyone by the same amount of time they aren't flying. E.g. If they don't fly for 1.5 months, extend everyone's qualification period by 1.5 months. That seems logical?

They of course aren't obligated to do anything, but when a few airlines (just a few) around the world are just flat-out extending status (e.g. Qantas), a bit of help would be much appreciated.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 2:14 am

Help for what? Why the rush? Nobody, not even epidemiologists specialized in Coronaviridae would dare make a prognosis on how long this "business" with the pandemic will last for. So, let's wait and see, and if we're not satisfied with whatever they decide, than let's start second-guessing at that point (or, better, at the end of the pandemic).

PS I'm about to loose (in three months) 480K miles with FB. Let's see if I can fly ST till then...
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:44 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by sokolov
Or simply count towards requalification the flights that they decided to cancel but they refuse to refund.
Old Mar 27, 2020, 3:50 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
How many people requalify by flying solely on A3?

My BA and Hilton are sorted so in theory I am happy to go to Greece multiple times in September... but I'd still rather just do my usual 1 long-haul J return plus four A3
Old Mar 27, 2020, 4:13 am

Programs: A3*G, SK*G
Originally Posted by :D!
How many people requalify by flying solely on A3?

My BA and Hilton are sorted so in theory I am happy to go to Greece multiple times in September... but I'd still rather just do my usual 1 long-haul J return plus four A3
Hopefully we will be back to our normal routines and planning soon. But I am afraid that if the present situation is prolonged the entire flying industry may look quite different than it did a couple of months ago... And so could many FFPs, including M&B. At least for me it's too early to make any solid plans as the situation is still evolving. The light at the end of the tunnel is not yet in sight, and we don't know yet how things will look like when we are eventually out of it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.