Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:23 pm

Hello,

I am considering a trip to the Carribean Netherlands at the end of 2018, and I am wondering if I could do it with miles.

Unfortunately I​​ don't have enough miles (yet) to check the availability of such a trip.

Could someone with enough miles kindly help?

Thanks
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:37 pm
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
CUR isn't possible to redeem in the online booking. ZRH-YYZ is. Oct 17 has no availability, many other days has (not on AC though). YYZ-ZRH OCT26 is available on AC878.
Attached Images   
Old Apr 10, 2018, 3:44 pm

Thanks a lot!!

​​​​A shame CUR is not bookable. It looked like a nice sweet spot in the North America region.

Is there any nearby destination bookable?
Aruba, Bonaire? Or, worst case scenario, Tocumen?

I want to avoid transiting by the US.

Thanks again!
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:02 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH SEN, DL PM
Originally Posted by LacMajeur
Thanks a lot!!

​​​​A shame CUR is not bookable. It looked like a nice sweet spot in the North America region.

Is there any nearby destination bookable?
Aruba, Bonaire? Or, worst case scenario, Tocumen?

I want to avoid transiting by the US.

Thanks again!
You could check PTY IST-(BOG)-PTY counts as one Segment flown by TK. So ZRH-IST-PTY would work.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:26 am

Very interesting flight, thank you very much!

I've never heard about it because it was always hidden deep with the most expensive ones available

Question: Are "Air Canada Rouge" flights bookable like normal reward Air Canada flights?
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:35 am

Programs: A3 Gold, LH SEN, DL PM
Very interesting flight, thank you very much!

I've never heard about it because it was always hidden deep with the most expensive ones available

Question: Are "Air Canada Rouge" flights bookable like normal reward Air Canada flights?
i found not C available with your dates but recently there where some avail. should be 55k miles

Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:38 am

Is there any Star Alliance loyalty program that would allow me to book this itinerary with miles?
I will have few long-haul flights soon (for work, in J). Shall I credit them to Air Canada?

Thanks!

Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:41 am

Originally Posted by 1nsane
i found not C available with your dates but recently there where some avail. should be 55k miles
Brilliant, thanks a lot!!

I had a look to paid PTY-CUR and it's more expensive than ZRH-JFK
Old Apr 11, 2018, 7:50 am

Originally Posted by 1nsane
You could check PTY IST-(BOG)-PTY counts as one Segment flown by TK. So ZRH-IST-PTY would work.
But remember that Panama is in the Central and South America region, so 110,000 miles in C from Europe, while the Caribbean islands are in North America, so 90,000 miles in C from Europe.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 10:55 am

True, thank you!

CUR is totally unavailable in Miles&More search engine as well. Why?!

AUA is available, in theory. Nothing showed up for Christmas though.
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:27 am
Moderator, Finnair

Programs: Eurobonus Diamond, QR Gold, AY+ Platinum, A3*G, Nordic Choice Lifetime Platinum, SJ Prio Black
CUR is totally unavailable in Miles&More search engine as well. Why?!

Maybe because CUR is not served by any of the regular Star Alliance carriers?
A quick search tells me CUR is served by TAP (Operated by EUROATLANTIC Airways) twice a week and by Air Canada (Operated by Air Canada Rouge) once a week from YUL and twice a week from YYZ.
Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by intuition; Apr 11, 2018 at 12:57 pm
Old Apr 11, 2018, 11:54 am

That's what I thought, but the flights I've posted above are apparently entirely operated by Air Canada.
Avianca seems to fly there form Bogota, and Copa from Panama City.

Last edited by LacMajeur; Apr 11, 2018 at 12:08 pm
Old Apr 15, 2018, 12:43 am

Programs: Aegean Gold
Required minimum miles shown in overview are incorrect

Hey, did it happen to anyone else that the minimum miles required shown in the overview are crazy high, but when you click on the date, there are good connections with much less miles required?
See screenshot attached.

If you then don't have 200,000 miles on your account, you cannot even click on the dates and select the option with less miles for a return flight (even though you'd actually need 25,000 for the flights). Or am I doing something wrong?

PS: seems like I can't get the screenshot to show. It's a Cotonou to Djibouti flight on the 22 June. The overview says minimum 95,000 miles required, but when clicking on it, the first option is a connection with Ethiopian for 12,500 miles.

Last edited by rava.stuff; Apr 15, 2018 at 12:53 am
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:02 am

Leg by Leg Search

Anybody else facing the problem that a lot of Airports can not be found when using leg by leg search? There seems to be an error on the website.
Old Oct 30, 2018, 2:14 am

Which ones for example?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.