Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2017, 3:44 pm

Originally Posted by Jma12
No you can not, that means the seat is being block. TG released the seat to UA but not A3.
I'm not so sure. I made a few dummy bookings, and I have a feeling that there's a bug in the system which eliminates certain direct flights. An example: If I search ARN-BKK, I can't find any seats at all on the direct TG flight. But if I search ARN-SIN, I find several seats available on the direct ARN-BKK TG flight with a connection to TG or SQ BKK-SIN.
B747-437B and Jma12 like this.
Old Dec 18, 2017, 6:03 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Interesting. I guess we will have to call and find out.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 4:17 am

Programs: A3 *G
No you can not, that means the seat is being block. TG released the seat to UA but not A3.
TG availability can be checked online with ANA. I've used it recently to find my flights before calling to book (just a few days before the new system was implemented!). From my recent searches, the ANA availability, A3 online availability and that offered when calling A3, match up exactly.
Old Dec 19, 2017, 10:08 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Damn, will have to find my old ANA card somewhere now... But not having *any* GRU>ZRH>BEG flight available at A3's is very strange. A GRU>ZRH, however, shows plenty of flights, which are shown in a two-month window.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:05 am

Programs: A3 *G, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Knobbgb
I wonder if it will also be possible to change or cancel award bookings online. I have an existing one but the system says I have to call if I want to change it - but that's probably because I booked it by telephone before the new system was available). If this is possible it will be even better.
I booked online a few days after the new tool was released but sadly it doesn´t allow you to cancel/change online:

Changes and additional baggage purchase cannot be performed online for this booking. For more information please contact our Reservations Department at +30 210 6261000.
But a total fee of 20 EUR instead of 40 EUR for a flexible backup booking you cancel later is still good.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 5:50 am

Programs: SAS Diamond (*G), Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by zolagola
I booked online a few days after the new tool was released but sadly it doesn´t allow you to cancel/change online:

But a total fee of 20 EUR instead of 40 EUR for a flexible backup booking you cancel later is still good.
What is the cancellation policy for award bookings? Do you get points and cash back excluding the booking fee of 20EUR?

I've amassed quite a lot of Aegean miles but haven't used them yet...
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:00 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by vd0t
What is the cancellation policy for award bookings? Do you get points and cash back excluding the booking fee of 20EUR?

I've amassed quite a lot of Aegean miles but haven't used them yet...
If your fee is over 20 Euros, they will refund back to your credit card minus the 20 EUR

If your fee is less than 20 Euros, they will charge you 20 EUR on your credit card, then refund the previous amount back to your credit card.

20 EUR is a good deal for holding a seat. Aeroplan charges 120$ CAD while Delta charges 150$ USD for cancellation.
headingwest likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2017, 2:24 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
20 EUR is a good deal for holding a seat. Aeroplan charges 120$ CAD while Delta charges 150$ USD for cancellation.
Especially good if you want to 'lock in' some miles on a good redemption ticket, just in case they devalue the redemption chart!

This is one reason that I used up most of my miles.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 2:26 pm

Programs: A3
I think the tool has continued to improve. Yesterday I discovered I can enter TPA or MCO which were not in the pull down when it first launched. Picking some dates in April I find it shows me flights on AC & LH. But the only flights I can pick are the LH economy flights for 30000 miles and € 199.47 fees each way. No business flights are offered. It's not obvious why it shows the AC flights since there is no way to click on them.
Old Dec 22, 2017, 4:54 pm

I can't get any AC Domestic or UA Domestic flights to show up on the tool. I've tweeted Aegean to find out when this will be resolved.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 7:54 am

Old Dec 23, 2017, 8:45 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
In other words, the limitation is on the side of UA. Which sounds plausible, as UA rewards are also not bookable through (eg) the online Lufthansa website.
Old Dec 23, 2017, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
This doesn't seem right. There is availability for AC/UA awards flights by phone, either via Miles and Bonus or Miles and More programs, but not via their online tools. So it seems something is wrong with the A3 and LH online award booking tools. Has anyone been able to book any online award flights on UA/AC using A3 or LH miles, anywhere within North America?
Old Dec 23, 2017, 11:42 am

Originally Posted by pilotboy1985YYC
I can't get any AC Domestic or UA Domestic flights to show up on the tool. I've tweeted Aegean to find out when this will be resolved.
Originally Posted by realgoose
I think the tool has continued to improve. Yesterday I discovered I can enter TPA or MCO which were not in the pull down when it first launched. Picking some dates in April I find it shows me flights on AC & LH. But the only flights I can pick are the LH economy flights for 30000 miles and € 199.47 fees each way. No business flights are offered. It's not obvious why it shows the AC flights since there is no way to click on them.
Originally Posted by nk15
This doesn't seem right. There is availability for AC/UA awards flights by phone, either via Miles and Bonus or Miles and More programs, but not via their online tools. So it seems something is wrong with the A3 and LH online award booking tools. Has anyone been able to book any online award flights on UA/AC using A3 or LH miles, anywhere within North America?
No, it has to be book by phone. I mention that to the A3 agent, who was surprise and said they will work on it. UA flights are unavailable for int'l flights, but A3 was able to see it when I call them by phone.
Old Mar 2, 2018, 8:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
The UA and AC flights are now showing and bookable online. However, the availability by phone and online don't match, there are way fewer seats available online, I tested this, the online tool showed no availability, I called and there was availability for certain dates.

Last edited by nk15; Mar 2, 2018 at 3:20 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.