Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Award ticket search now shows Star Alliance flights

Search this Thread

Old Dec 6, 2017, 3:11 pm

Once they open up the North American carriers this will be great. Until then, it's pretty slim pickings for me to get off this continent!
Old Dec 6, 2017, 9:10 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
NZ seems to be working ok, but not ready to finalise bookings yet.

Originally Posted by averflavour
Once they open up the North American carriers this will be great. Until then, it's pretty slim pickings for me to get off this continent!
You can still pay 20 euros extra and do it on the phone..
Old Dec 6, 2017, 11:05 pm

Programs: A3 *G
People have said they can't see any AC or TG but I can see plenty of availability on both. I guess it just depends on dates. I also saw some SQ first class availability, which is said to be quite rare (SIN-HLP, not exactly long haul but...).

One good things is that the system also shows 2-stop options automatically. Although these cost more points and I wouldn't want to book them, it's a good way of learning what other routes are available. For example, I was looking at FCO-BKK with Thai and it showed that they have availability BRU-BKK (with connection) on my dates. Since I'm positioning anyway, that was another option I hadn't thought about.

One thing that surprised me was that inter-Asian routes show up availability with much longer routings than expected. I've seen comments here that these routings would be over the MPM, but they do seem available. For example HAN-HKG (527 miles direct) is available on OZ and/or ET/AI via ICN (2952 miles) for the standard 21k miles in C class. Also I found SIN-ICN-MNL with SQ/OZ (4483 miles vs 1474 miles direct) or SIN-PEK-MNL (4561 miles with CA) for the normal 21k miles. There seem to be many of these long routings available with CA, BR, OZ and NH in particular.

Last edited by Knobbgb; Dec 6, 2017 at 11:18 pm
Old Dec 7, 2017, 2:14 am

Why do you think that M&B does adhere to MPM?
Even when booking over phone in the past MPM was never a topic.
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:41 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
17 hours 45 minutes in the air, in Business Class, for a fraction over 10 Euros (+ 55,000 miles)....amazing!

Old Dec 7, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: A3 *G; Honors Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Gold Elite; IHG Diamond;
It is finally able to redeem the award ticket for partners online, great job!
Old Dec 7, 2017, 7:04 pm

I'm trying to book YHZ-YYZ and it says no results found, when in fact, there is lots of availability on Air Canada.
What's up?
Old Dec 7, 2017, 11:21 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by MultiFlyer
Why do you think that M&B does adhere to MPM?
Even when booking over phone in the past MPM was never a topic.
I've never had an issue with it (never tried) but there have been many comments by member here about how this or that routing probably wouldn't be allowed. I can't be bothered going to find them, but you surely must have seen them. It always irked me a little because I've never seen anything in writing to state that any kind of MPM actually exists in the program at all.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:01 am

Programs: AY ex-Lumo, TK Elite, BT VIP, ITA Executive
This online award booking on other *A carriers is a great improvement. I hope they'll also extend its functionality to "More options" being available for other than A3 (incl. codeshare) destinations. So far the search results are limited, but thanks for it anyways, A3! We can still call and feed an agent with exact flights for more sophisticated itineraries for just €20 extra. Not a big issue.

What makes me especially happy is no YQ on SK flights. Great!
Old Dec 8, 2017, 3:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
So do we now have "parity" with the extended online booking possibilities now offered by LH's M&M?
Attached Images  
Old Dec 8, 2017, 5:42 am

Programs: A3*G
Any reason why United is not in that list?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 6:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by ErnstH
Any reason why United is not in that list?
Because United doesn't want partners to make its seats available directly to customers via booking tools, rather than having to call to book?
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:57 am

Programs: AMEX Platinum
wow thanks !!!.. i was going to call them to book a flight ... now i dont have to <3
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:28 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
It is still not possible to book AC domestic flight online
Old Dec 8, 2017, 12:30 pm

Programs: AC35K, AS MVP, WS Gold, ITA EP, Marriott Plat, Hyatt-Explorist, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by irishguy28
So do we now have "parity" with the extended online booking possibilities now offered by LH's M&M?
For a second, I thought you can book Eurowing and Condor with M&B..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.