Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2016, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by tancredi
Am I the only one who still has not received the card?
I called Aegean and they told me it has been sent about a month ago, but it still has not arrived...
Don't worry, I haven't received it either. But since you seem to worry so much, look at that famous aria (di tanti palpiti) from the Rossini opera that carries your name and which should give you hope!

Di tanti palpiti, di tante pene, da te mio bene, spero mercé,
mi rivedrai... ti rivedrò... ne' tuoi bei rai mi pascerò.
Deliri ~ sospiri... accenti ~ contenti!...
sarà felice ~ il cor me 'l dice, il mio destino ~ vicino a te.

And as an extra, here you are, if you want to hear it...

Old Dec 20, 2016, 10:55 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Flying Blue Silver
Originally Posted by KLouis
Don't worry, I haven't received it either. But since you seem to worry so much, look at that famous aria (di tanti palpiti) from the Rossini opera that carries your name and which should give you hope!
LOL!
Thank you for the kind thought!

T.
Old Dec 22, 2016, 12:50 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance

Di tanti palpiti, di tante pene, da te mio bene, spero mercé,
mi rivedrai... ti rivedrò... ne' tuoi bei rai mi pascerò.
Deliri ~ sospiri... accenti ~ contenti!...
sarà felice ~ il cor me 'l dice, il mio destino ~ vicino a te.

And as an extra, here you are, if you want to hear it...

Cecilia Bartoli - Di tanti palpiti - YouTube
Thank you for brightening up my day - a lot!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 7:29 pm

Programs: A3 *G, HH Gold
I just received my card recently though I requalified almost at the last point in November.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 1:26 am

I also received my new card today...

Now to the "GRE Number" saga: I'm one of the few who think that this number has absolutely and definitely nothing to do with time/sequence of re-qualification. There are posts who claim that, based on their own number, one has a low GRE number if re-qualified early in the year or a higher one if qualified later. Since I re-qualified a few hours before the famous November 24 deadline (you simply can't do this later than that! ), how do the proponents of such a theory explain the 000183 number of mine? There's no way only 182 members re-qualified before me. So?

My conclusion: unless somebody responsible for sending these cards comes up and explains to us what the number really means, anything written here as a potential explanation is sheer speculation.
Old Jan 3, 2017, 2:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
how do the proponents of such a theory explain the 000183 number of mine? There's no way only 182 members re-qualified before me. So?
So...you received your new card today, 3 January, and being in Greece it was clearly posted yesterday, 2 January...

To suggest that 183 new cards were created so far in 2017 sounds at least plausible, don't you think?

(Seriously, I had no idea people thought that these numbers were like the SEQ number on a boarding pass. ^)

ευτυχισμένο το νέο έτος
Old Jan 3, 2017, 4:59 am

Originally Posted by irishguy28
So...you received your new card today, 3 January, and being in Greece it was clearly posted yesterday, 2 January...
I hadn't been at my mailbox in the lab since before X'mas.

To suggest that 183 new cards were created so far in 2017 sounds at least plausible, don't you think?
Absolutely, Greek efficiency!

(Seriously, I had no idea people thought that these numbers were like the SEQ number on a boarding pass.
See the last paragraph of this one, for example, and many more!
ευτυχισμένο το νέο έτος
Επίσης, με υγεία!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:54 am
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
I also received my new card today...

Now to the "GRE Number" saga: I'm one of the few who think that this number has absolutely and definitely nothing to do with time/sequence of re-qualification. There are posts who claim that, based on their own number, one has a low GRE number if re-qualified early in the year or a higher one if qualified later. Since I re-qualified a few hours before the famous November 24 deadline (you simply can't do this later than that! ), how do the proponents of such a theory explain the 000183 number of mine? There's no way only 182 members re-qualified before me. So?

My conclusion: unless somebody responsible for sending these cards comes up and explains to us what the number really means, anything written here as a potential explanation is sheer speculation.
[bolding mine] Au contraire, mon ami, you certainly can. My final qualifying flight departed at 23:35 local on 23rd November, and being on ET I had to put in a retro-claim after three weeks, on 13th December. Kudos to the A3 IT, my status flipped back to Gold 24 hours later, but I'm still waiting for my card to come through....
Old Jan 4, 2017, 3:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Stewie Mac
[bolding mine] Au contraire, mon ami, you certainly can. My final qualifying flight departed at 23:35 local on 23rd November, and being on ET I had to put in a retro-claim after three weeks, on 13th December. Kudos to the A3 IT, my status flipped back to Gold 24 hours later, but I'm still waiting for my card to come through....
But your flight activity was before the deadline.

If it wasn't, you wouldn't have requalified.

(It is not the date you submit a retro-claim that counts - the date of the flight activity is what counts)
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:02 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by irishguy28
But your flight activity was before the deadline.

If it wasn't, you wouldn't have requalified.

(It is not the date you submit a retro-claim that counts - the date of the flight activity is what counts)
Stewie Mac obviously knows this... he is saying that KLouis may have requalified a few hours before the deadline, but he requalified a few minutes before!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by :D!
Stewie Mac obviously knows this... he is saying that KLouis may have requalified a few hours before the deadline, but he requalified a few minutes before!
Perhaps that was what the OP intended...but that's to misconstrue KLouis's quote.

Whether your final requalifying flight occurs months, weeks, days, hours or minutes before the deadline - it is the date of the flight that counts and you cannot re-qualify later than the November 24 deadline. KLouis's statement covered all possibilities!
Old Jan 4, 2017, 6:25 am

When my sons were still small (i.e. about one century ago ) we used to wait on HER's single building's terrace till the plane we were waiting for would show up far away in the sky. The kids had set the rules of the game we were playing to make waiting seem shorter: the last one to spot the plane would get a slap from the others... With those rules I never had to bother: my oldest son could never keep quite and wanted so much to be the winner in spite of the winner's "prize", so when the plane was finally parked in front of us he could no longer hold it and he'd scream "I see it, I see it"!

Stewie Mac won!

PS I wonder whether he'll be 000001GRE...
Old Jan 9, 2017, 7:58 am

Programs: *A Gold, QF (ex-QP), AA, TG, A3 Gold, VA, SQ
Originally Posted by timster
Requalified early October. No sign of new card down under yet.

Last year it never arrived and I had to request a replacement after several months waiting.

Got the email on the 25th ..
"We would like to inform you that your Gold card has been renewed and is valid up to 23/11/2017. Within the following days, you will receive your new card by postal mail, at the address registered in your profile."

We shall see ...
Still no sign of the new card down under. So I just requested a 'replacement' online. Second year running.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 5:49 am

Programs: A3 Gold, Flying Blue Silver
Finally received my card here in Germany.
I had requalified on September 25th.

The card was posted from the Netherlands. For those interested in numerology, I am 000299 GR.
Old Jan 10, 2017, 7:28 am

Finale of the first version (the one with the happy end):

Tancredi (upon receiving the card with a delay of 4 months):
Sì grande è il mio contento,
sì dolce è tal momento,
che tanta gioia ancora credere il cor non sa...
No, non vi posso esprimere la mia felicità.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.