Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Nov 20, 2016, 3:27 am

I'd talk to the SK program and ask them to reverse the credit so you can do a retrocredit with M&B. It may be difficult, but what's there to lose?
Old Nov 21, 2016, 10:16 am

Programs: A3*G, AC, IHG Plat AMB
Well, it was down to the wire, but I'm now only one flight yet to credit to requalify. Of course it would have been easier with EU travel and I will absolutely be setting foot on A3 next year but a bit of creative routing, ticketing, and claiming later and I should be set for 2017.

It's been a fun run and I'm not ready to stop yet.

EDIT: Yep, there it goes. P fare on AC for 1600 miles - credited! Hopefully I'll have much more opportunity to travel A3 next year, though.

Last edited by DJ Bitterbarn; Nov 22, 2016 at 10:03 am
Old Nov 21, 2016, 11:22 am

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Gold, Hilton Honors Gold, Radisson Rewards Premium
I managed my 4 qualification segments on the weekend. They were upgraded with coupons so I expect them to take a while to post and for me to have to contact A3 to get my status updated for next year. I may yet be pleasantly surprised though. I have my plans set for next year to avoid the late re-qualification so hopefully they'll work out to save me the stress of this year.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 2:01 pm

Originally Posted by :D!
Interesting. Does this mean that they are going to start sending physical cards soon?

I forgot about the expiry date problem of the physical card and booked myself on a *A flight on 25th November, hope *G shows up on boarding pass. I don't think the virtual card will be accepted at the airport I'm going to.
Re-qualified for Gold on Nov 4, and got new package with physical card on Nov 18. I live in Canada. Pretty quick turnaround for them.
Old Nov 21, 2016, 3:49 pm
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by karns
Re-qualified for Gold on Nov 4, and got new package with physical card on Nov 18. I live in Canada. Pretty quick turnaround for them.
Completely random then! I re-qualified a week before you and haven't seen anything yet in the UK ...
Old Nov 22, 2016, 12:03 am

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Completely random then! I re-qualified a week before you and haven't seen anything yet in the UK ...
Unpredictability makes life in Greece predictably interesting!
Old Nov 22, 2016, 7:45 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Already got my card in Brazil but had already re-qualified for gold in June.
Old Nov 22, 2016, 8:58 pm

Anyone got their new set of coupons yet?
Old Nov 23, 2016, 3:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Originally Posted by hydrogen
Anyone got their new set of coupons yet?
You get them on the first day of your membership year.

So anyone who has requalified/qualified and started a new year - yes.

For those who start their new year tomorrow - then they get them tomorrow.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:52 am

Hah! I requalified at -7 hours. In addition to flying FCO-ATH, it took me a short phone call to the M+B desk to speed-up the credit: it was a coupon-upgraded flight and the nice agent "forwarded" it immediately.

PS I just thought that if M+B were a little more similar to FB, I would already have made it to life-time Gold (in absence of Platinum ) last year...
Old Nov 23, 2016, 8:58 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Hah! I requalified at -7 hours. In addition to flying FCO-ATH, it took me a short phone call to the M+B desk to speed-up the credit: it was a coupon-upgraded flight and the nice agent "forwarded" it immediately.

PS I just thought that if M+B were a little more similar to FB, I would already have made it to life-time Gold (in absence of Platinum ) last year...
Hmmmmm......maybe I should have rung A3 today then, as my 4 flights from the weekend (upgraded with coupons) haven't posted yet. Maybe I will give them a ring now and see if there's anything they can do. Thanks for the tip!
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:03 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
Unpredictability makes life in Greece predictably interesting!
Brinksmanship as well by the sounds of it .

Now, I need to book a flight tonight to see if I can avoid wasting the remainder of this year's upgrade vouchers - see, you're just playing at this last-minute thing really .
Old Nov 23, 2016, 9:07 am

I just rang A3 and was told that upgraded flights always need to be requested manually (which we know not to be true but never mind ). The nice agent has forwarded the request and the miles will be there within the next day but she also said not to worry, as the flights were taken before the deadline so the gold card is secured for another year! I won't be leaving it so late next year.
Old Nov 23, 2016, 7:00 pm

Originally Posted by NWIFlyer
Brinksmanship as well by the sounds of it ...
Not done on purpose: I had tried for months to find a "cheap" ticket to SYD via a *A company, which would have given me enough miles to re-qualify till 2018, but the cheapest one was at least 1000€ more expensive than the AZ/EY combination I took. there was a CAI-SYD MS/SG combination for 500€ cheaper than the one I bought, but it had to be bought in Africa in cash or using an African CC according to the rules. Even my TA (very experienced in solving problems caused by such rules) couldn't help me. Well, this may well be my last year as a Gold member, we'll see.

Last edited by KLouis; Nov 23, 2016 at 8:19 pm
Old Nov 24, 2016, 1:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
Not done on purpose: I had tried for months to find a "cheap" ticket to SYD via a *A company, which would have given me enough miles to re-qualify till 2018,
You mean 2017, right?

In Miles+Bonus, any level miles earned beyond your Gold requalification target are "wasted", they don't carry forward. Therefore, even if you had flown 500,000 miles in the year up to yesterday, the best you could get is Gold until 23/11/2017...you could not have started on requalification into 2018 yet.

(Of course, if you are not an "old Gold" and your membership year started already, and not just today, then this would make sense. But that is not the case, given other things you wrote...)

How was Australia??

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.