Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Requalification/status extension 2017

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2016, 7:28 am
Original Poster

Requalification/status extension 2017

Maybe that's been there a bit longer, but i've just noticed the virtual status card in the app is showing 23/11/2017 validity date.

Anyone else noticed this?
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:27 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by jackebofh
Maybe that's been there a bit longer, but i've just noticed the virtual status card in the app is showing 23/11/2017 validity date.

Anyone else noticed this?
That's correct if you re already requalified
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: KL Platinum; A3 Gold
23/11/2017 is the new expiry date for "old Golds" (i.e. members who had Gold at the time of the changeover from the old to the new programme in November 2014) who have maintained status ever since, and who have already requalified for next year prior to the end of the current membership year (ending 22/11/2016).

This is as expected; nothing has changed.

You will receive a physical card with this extended expiry date at some point around the expiry of the current physical card. But the "virtual" card is replaced immediately.

(This was not really worthy of a new thread, I think)
Old Sep 22, 2016, 8:35 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by irishguy28
23/11/2017 is the new expiry date for "old Golds" (i.e. members who had Gold at the time of the changeover from the old to the new programme in November 2014) who have maintained status ever since, and who have already requalified for next year prior to the end of the current membership year (ending 22/11/2016).

You will receive a physical card with this extended expiry date at some point around the expiry of the current physical card. But the "virtual" card is replaced immediately.

I know it is correct, as i have requalified fairly early in the year, i've just noticed they updated the expiry date. It wasn't updated nowhere near the time i requalified, and i just noticed it i thought i'd ask if anyone else experienced it too.

AFAIR it wasn't the case last year either, and the expiry date last year was updated pretty late - near the expiry date of the previous card.

So all in all i wasn't pondering anything else then the fact that the updated date appears on the virtual card far earlier in advance then it did last year.
Old Sep 22, 2016, 10:41 am

Programs: Miles&Bonus *G
Yes, mine shows the same (also reached the re-qualification threshold a while ago).
Old Sep 24, 2016, 12:40 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Interesting. Does this mean that they are going to start sending physical cards soon?

I forgot about the expiry date problem of the physical card and booked myself on a *A flight on 25th November, hope *G shows up on boarding pass. I don't think the virtual card will be accepted at the airport I'm going to.
Old Sep 24, 2016, 2:53 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by irishguy28

If I understand correctly, does this mean that all old Golds (under the previous "lifetime" program) that did not renew would have their *G membership expiring November 2016?
Old Sep 24, 2016, 8:51 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
If they did not renew at all their status would have been revoked last year, possibly even one year earlier. The other people that have their member year end/start in november would indeed lose status at that date if they did not reach the required miles/segments in 2016.

Possibly there is some grace period, but personally I would not count on that working well.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 12:10 am
Suspended

Programs: Silver:BA,VX,AB, QF. Gold:A3,RJ,AZ,GF, EY,SPG,Marriott,Choice, Carlson. Dia/Plat:HH,IHG,BW,Accor
I noticed that Aegean sent emails today to to old members member who have not yet re-qualified for Gold/silver, that their status will expire in 2 months.
Old Sep 25, 2016, 2:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keitherson
If I understand correctly, does this mean that all old Golds (under the previous "lifetime" program) that did not renew would have their *G membership expiring November 2016?
Anyone who had gold in the "old" programme and failed to requalify in the first year of the "new" programme lost their Gold status in November 2015.

The first Gold cards issued to these "old Golds" had an expiry date of January 2016 but there were mixed reports of success/failure in having the card observed after losing the status.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 5:47 am

Programs: A3*G, FRECCIA ALATA CLUB
I've just received my physical Gold card copy with Expiry date of 24/11/2017.

That's about 2 months before the old one expires!

New luggage tag plus a brochure where I didn't spot any changes from last year.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:10 am

Programs: A3*G
Originally Posted by vangelisd
I've just received my physical Gold card
Same here, received mine yesterday (requalified sometime in June). I guess they've smoothed out the process since last year.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

New luggage tag plus a brochure where I didn't spot any changes from last year.
Not even that the seat upgrade coupons cannot now be used to upgrade from the lower economy classes?
Old Oct 6, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: A3*G, FRECCIA ALATA CLUB
(Edited)

Just caught up on the previous threads! I'm afraid no mention of it on the brochure but I guess the website has the latest T&Cs
Attached Images  

Last edited by vangelisd; Oct 6, 2016 at 6:52 am
Old Oct 7, 2016, 4:18 am
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
I've just received my physical Gold card copy with Expiry date of 24/11/2017.

That's about 2 months before the old one expires!
Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Same here, received mine yesterday (requalified sometime in June). I guess they've smoothed out the process since last year.
Hmm both Greek locations, so hopefully rest of Europe will be getting cards in the next few weeks. Ideally need my new card before November as will be away from the address I gave A3 around the tier end date.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.