FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Requalification/status extension 2017
View Single Post
Old Jan 4, 2017, 2:54 am
Stewie Mac
Ambassador: World of Hyatt

Location: UK - the nearest airport is named after a motorway !
Originally Posted by KLouis
I also received my new card today...

Now to the "GRE Number" saga: I'm one of the few who think that this number has absolutely and definitely nothing to do with time/sequence of re-qualification. There are posts who claim that, based on their own number, one has a low GRE number if re-qualified early in the year or a higher one if qualified later. Since I re-qualified a few hours before the famous November 24 deadline (you simply can't do this later than that! ), how do the proponents of such a theory explain the 000183 number of mine? There's no way only 182 members re-qualified before me. So?

My conclusion: unless somebody responsible for sending these cards comes up and explains to us what the number really means, anything written here as a potential explanation is sheer speculation.
[bolding mine] Au contraire, mon ami, you certainly can. My final qualifying flight departed at 23:35 local on 23rd November, and being on ET I had to put in a retro-claim after three weeks, on 13th December. Kudos to the A3 IT, my status flipped back to Gold 24 hours later, but I'm still waiting for my card to come through....