Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free upgrade experience as A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Whenever I had an A3 op-up I got miles for c class, even when I was op-uped on a redemption ticket
Miles for a redemption ticket? You mean an award ticket? Miles? Wow!
Old Nov 18, 2015, 11:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by vgang
Same experience here. Whenever I get an op-up to business, I get the C class miles.
That's probably because they changed your booking code to C instead of just printing a BP with your seat in the C cabin.

This used to happen to me too, especially on AC for both revenue and non-revenue tickets. The best is that when you got points on non-revenue tickets because of rerouting on day of travel (regardless of whether you were upgraded or not). But AC got smart and so it has not happened for a very long time.
Old Nov 19, 2015, 3:28 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Yep on an award ticket, that was back in 2012 though, heavily oversold flight during the London olympics and a greek sports minister trying to get back home.

He ended up in Y, I got moved to C
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:21 pm

LH gets a bit of stick around here but today I must say I'm very happy to be upgraded to Premium Economy at check in! Not sure how big of a role my A3*G played. I mostly fly Y so that's a very nice holiday present from them.
Old Dec 26, 2015, 3:44 pm

Most likely they were upgrading due to loads and there were no LH Golds ahead of you or even Silvers. Still any upgrade is a bonus ^
Old Dec 27, 2015, 3:38 am

Programs: A3 Gold, AA Platinum
During holiday season I reckon it will be easier to snatch an upgrade too, as many of the LH elites are flying with their families - so if they have one spare seat and can upgrade you instead of splitting up a family that would probably make their lives easier.
Old Dec 27, 2015, 12:37 pm

Anyone had any luck with TK?
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:42 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, A3*G
Anyone had any luck with TK?
I don't know if it counts as an upgrade but this April flying HEL-IST and IST-HEL.

I had booked 2 seats at row 15 or similar and at check-in got bumped to 2AB on both cases with 2-2 seating with very nice seats opposite to 3-3 in Economy. However, service was similar to Economy as there was no business class passengers on both flights. Lady at the check-in said that there was an unexpected aircraft change (A321 scheduled and flying on both flights) so maybe this plane had a different config and maybe *G held some priority for better seats.

I was very happy enjoying my in-flight kebab meal with Efes in a nice business recliner seat, and the r/t flight cost 99€ altogether
Old Dec 28, 2015, 4:38 pm

Free upgrade experience as A3*G

I have had a few upgrades with TK with A3*G
Old Dec 29, 2015, 3:00 am

no luck with me and TK is defo my favorite airline
Old Dec 29, 2015, 8:12 am

Programs: AA-EP, A3*G, UA*S
Was on NH105 LAX-HND about two weeks ago and was upgraded to Premium Economy at the Star lounge at LAX.

Then I just checked in online for NH106 for the inbound trip and was automatically upgraded to Business with a C seat already assigned! Looks like Y is full.
Old Jan 8, 2016, 8:13 am

Programs: A3*G
Had my first free upgrade today as an A3*G due to an overbooked economy on A3606. Sweet.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:25 am

Programs: A3 Gold, DL
Upgraded on Air India

Just earlier this week, I flew on Air India from Delhi to JFK . Economy was overbooked and I was upgraded to business class on a 777-300. The flight is over 14 hours long, needless to say I was quite happy!
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:52 am

Originally Posted by MrArkadin
Had my first free upgrade today as an A3*G due to an overbooked economy on A3606. Sweet.
That's quite impressive, A3 very rarely overbooks flights

Well done
Old Jan 10, 2016, 5:59 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
That's quite impressive, A3 very rarely overbooks flights

Well done
This is also interesting, given that business class is moveable, and all they have to do is move the curtain forward and make more economy seats, lol. I assume there was 1-3 seat(s) left in the last business class row that already had at least one other business class passenger, and they had to upgrade you so they can use the seats.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.