Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free upgrade experience as A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:28 am

[QUOTE=DrHalxx;25993522]...A3 very rarely overbooks flights/QUOTE]

All airlines overbook, if they wouldn't they'd soon go out of business. Some base their overbooking on a statistically determined no-show percentage for individual routes or, as some others do, on the respective percentage of their complete network.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 7:43 am

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
That's quite impressive, A3 very rarely overbooks flights

Well done
Well, don't know if is completely true. Recently on SKG-DUS there were like 5 overbookings. Too bad I had already upgraded with coupons, because I saw that at least 2-3 persons were freely upgraded to C.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: A3*G
That's quite impressive, A3 very rarely overbooks flights

Well done
Thanks. What stroke me as even more impressive is that they upgraded me from L to C instead of I, which was what I expected having used A3's upgrade coupons. Weirdly, despite the upgrade to C they had me pay for my second bag, while when flying I there is a 2 bag allowance.

In any case, I'm happy to get the extra miles.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 10:57 am

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
When were you upgraded? at check in or at the gate?
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:07 pm

Programs: A3*G
When were you upgraded? at check in or at the gate?
I checked I online, dropped off (and payed for) my luggage and when I arrived at the lounge, the reception lady informed me that the gate has been trying to reach me. I called back and they offered me the upgrade.
Old Jan 10, 2016, 4:30 pm

You should be able to ask for a refund through customer care though... other airlines would probs process it
Old Jan 10, 2016, 6:09 pm

Programs: A3*G - AZ CFP- HH DIA
You should be able to ask for a refund through customer care though... other airlines would probs process it
Why?

The original fare was a fare without baggage. That does not change with a free operational upgrade!

OP should be happy with what he got!
Old Jan 12, 2016, 4:35 am

Originally Posted by flyer05
LH gets a bit of stick around here but today I must say I'm very happy to be upgraded to Premium Economy at check in! Not sure how big of a role my A3*G played. I mostly fly Y so that's a very nice holiday present from them.
Something funny's going on with LH. On all three of my recent flights (LH471, LH721, LH402) on their widebodies, I've been upgraded from Y to Premium Economy. The first time was a pleasant surprise (see quoted post), the second time a genuine shock that such good fortune would befall me twice, and the third time (today) I was practically expecting it when the check-in agent handed me the boarding pass. What do you guys reckon is going on here? Is this three strokes of luck, a newfound love for A3*G members on LH's part, or have I discovered some sort of loophole?
Old Feb 9, 2016, 3:34 am

Programs: A3, SN
Got some luck with UA last weekend as well. I got upgraded to BusinessFirst at the gate on a IAD-BRU flight.

Economy was packed, and clearly overbooked. But I still must have been very lucky that little to no MileagePlus frequent flyers were on board.

First time this happened to me in 2 years of A3*Gold, so it was great :-)
Old Feb 29, 2016, 8:40 am

Programs: A3*G, FB G
Upgraded at the gate from Y+ to C on LH757, BOM-FRA, on 28th February. It was my Birthday but I suspect it was more to do with overbooking as a few others were pulled over as well :-)
As an aside a few people have commented that LH C is not very good regarding service etc. All I can say is that IME it is better than BA C ;-)
Old Feb 29, 2016, 9:30 am

Programs: *A Gold
Recently upgraded at the gate on CA956 PEK-FRA, and TK1917 IST-GVA.
I wan't impressed with food/service on AirChina, but I am definitely not complaining given that it was a free upgrade!
TK service was impeccable.
Old Feb 29, 2016, 12:55 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA silver, HH Gold
I was upgraded again on an overbooked OS flight VIE-CPH last Sunday.
Old Mar 1, 2016, 9:57 am

Both me and my travel partner (no status) were upgraded on AC541 YYZ-SEA on February 12, together with a third person (the only AC elite in Y, I presume). I don't fully get the reasons behind it (Y seemed to be overbooked, so they upgraded us to make some room, I think??) but I'm not complaining at all!
Old Mar 5, 2016, 10:42 am

Right,

I flew A3 603 (LHR-ATH) last week and going back on A3 608. Both flights seem pretty full in C. My return flight has 7 business class rows!

Has anyone got op-uped recently?

I mean, I've been flying this route frequently over the last 5 years and I've never seen so many rows of business class

Is it because people upgrade using coupons, or A3 is now becoming popular over business customers?
Old Mar 6, 2016, 10:00 pm

I was recently upgraded to Business on LX2807 GVA-ZRH (opb 77W) during OLCI. Could choose a single K seat which was great. Interestingly, there was no empty seat in the large J class cabin, so I guess there were many op-ups.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.