Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Free upgrade experience as A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 1:44 pm

Programs: A3 *G, AA Exec Plat Pro, Accor Silver, IHG Plat, HH Diamond, PP
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Air China markets and sells their product as Premium Economy. And technically the seats are slightly wider, but not enough to have fewer seats per row than regular economy.
Air China (CA) actually has a proper PE cabin, with proper PE seats (seat map included)... Review with photos (in German) here: https://reisetopia.de/reviews/air-ch...economy-class/

c
Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:09 pm

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by AlwaysFlyStar
Air China PEK-BUD
Upgraded to premium economy on a full flight.

Nice for free, but would never pay for it. Basically just extra legroom economy.
You are possibly getting confused with Air China's policy to seat (or at least allow) *A Gold passengers at the front of economy (on some aircrafts even a separate section), this area is often virtually empty when the rest of the plane is packed. Shenzhen Airlines have the same policy. These seats are blocked off to non status passengers even at airport check-in. Virtually every time I've flown with either of these carriers, I have had a row to myself as a result of this policy. Great on Europe to Austrasia journeys!
jkgrpas likes this.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 5:52 pm

Programs: A3, BA, OZ,
I really didn't mean to take this so far off topic, but honestly I am not stupid. I know the difference between premium economy and economy plus. I do see that they have a different seat apparently on A350, but on A330 and 787 (which I was on) they have same number of seats per row and the seats are essentially the same. I was in 34L. It is premium economy. My boarding pass said premium economy. I was told I was upgraded to premium economy.
Personally, I don't consider it a real premium economy product, but that is how it is marketed and sold by Air China. The meal is same as economy. The seats are essentially the same but with more legroom. There are no leg rests. I understand that this might be different on the A350, but not on 787 and presumably also the A330, this is what you get. I am sorry to have caused a fuss and sorry that everybody thinks I am confused. But I do know what I am talking about...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.