Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

SQ Premium Economy L Class, no earned miles

SQ Premium Economy L Class, no earned miles

Old May 3, 2019, 4:13 pm
Original Poster

Programs: A3*G, Marriott Bonvoy Plat
Question SQ Premium Economy L Class, no earned miles

Hello, I have an upcoming flight, SQ35 LAX - SIN in Premium Economy, L Class. Now on the Aegean earnings for Singapore Air flights, it says, L class will not earn mileage. I looked into L Class and before 2018 it was for SQ discount economy flights. SQ now has it earning 100% mileage for Premium Economy. United has it earning 100% in Premium Economy since May 1.
Has Aegean not updated their chart or would I be not earning any miles with A3? If anyone has had an SQ L class post miles to A3, that would be great to know.
Thanks for any help.
Old May 3, 2019, 9:35 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
When is your flight? If there is more than 30 days, don't worry from now. They would probably update the chart.
Also, is your flight an award ticket or a ticket that you have upgraded from Economy Class?
Old May 4, 2019, 6:02 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
SQ PE with the L class mapping appears fairly recent. How restricted is your current ticket?

based on the SQ-own accrual chart, L appears to be banded together with the restricted and promotional band of PE tickets, very similar to the R fares. On SQ programmes, R earns 100% but 0% on most other star-alliance partners, including Aegean.

I would assume that L may map to 0% to A3 as well.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:05 am
Suspended

Programs: SQ LPPS, A3 *G, BA Silver aiming for Bronze
SQ is never generous in the A3 programme, even full fare C only earns 125% and F 150%.
Old May 4, 2019, 8:21 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
SQ introduced L as the lowest Premium Economy booking class only very recently.
Moreover, even R is still missing from the table, which is the next hier Y+ BC.
SO I wouldn't hold my breath that L will earn anything soon.
Old May 4, 2019, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks for all the replies. I purchased this flight, not an awards flight or upgraded ticket, on May 1. I have flown in PE standard and it was always booking class P. The PE L class has all the same restrictions as PE P class when I compared it to past tickets. I noticed that PE standard shows up with P class about 1 month out, so maybe PE with L class is going to start for less than 1 month out tickets.
rog747 likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 12:51 am

Originally Posted by lhrpete
SQ is never generous in the A3 programme, even full fare C only earns 125% and F 150%.
Hi - do the cheapest C fares on SQ earn Aegean miles, or is it best to nominate to earn Virgin Atlantic FC?
Old May 5, 2019, 1:21 am

Programs: NZ Silver A3 Gold Qantas Gold Accor Platinum
LAX/SIN with EVA air in PE can work at a good price point to
Away from YYZ likes this.
Old May 5, 2019, 6:10 am

Programs: KF*G, Cathay Silver
Originally Posted by rog747
Hi - do the cheapest C fares on SQ earn Aegean miles, or is it best to nominate to earn Virgin Atlantic FC?
“U” fares are cheapest discounted business tickets, and yes they credit to A3 without issues.
rog747 and Away from YYZ like this.
Old May 7, 2019, 2:07 pm

Programs: A3*G AC*nobody TK*nobody
Originally Posted by ClanJ
LAX/SIN with EVA air in PE can work at a good price point to
BR P fare? Earns 100% on A3. Recently my friend told me EVA Air PE is very enjoyable.
Old May 8, 2019, 5:56 am

Programs: A3 Silver, BA BLUE, IHG Gold, Hertz President's circle, AY plat
“U” fares are cheapest discounted business tickets, and yes they credit to A3 without issues.
D is still lower than U (the only non-refundable business class category), and even D earns the same 125% as the highest full flex Z class. Quite generous.
AS might still be a better credit for SQ flights though once you've requalified for A3*G
Old Mar 9, 2024, 8:43 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Did the OP got his miles ? The earning chart of A3 website still states that L class is not eligible for miles earning. And SQ premium economy book into L.
Old Mar 10, 2024, 6:35 am
Moderator: Aegean Miles+Bonus

Programs: AFKL Plat, A3 Gold
As long as the chart is not updated you would not earn miles. Some business class fares don't earn miles either (purposefully), so just because it is a PE fare .. that does not mean anything in the grand scheme of things. Most likely it is a mistake and they are behind updating the chart, however, as long as the chart is not updated you would not earn based on a "possible mistake in the chart".
Old Mar 14, 2024, 10:18 pm
Original Poster

OP here, L class did not earn miles. Contacted Aegean in June 2019, said to follow the chart like Xandrios said. So until the chart gets updated like Swiss was in 2022, I would stick to the chart.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.