Free upgrade experience as A3*G

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2015, 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by DrHalxx
Or they just added C class to a Y only flight
A Y only ZRH-PVG flight? C'm on!
Old Oct 21, 2015, 12:22 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
So, if it was due to your being Gold, you should ask for your money back (for the bulkhead seat)
I actually got a refund on the €100! Might be the strategy from now on for upgrades
Old Oct 21, 2015, 5:59 am

ΚΑΤΑΠΛΗΚΤΙΚΟ! AMAZING! Ι was joking...
Old Nov 4, 2015, 2:48 am

Upgraded at the gate to C on LH ARN-FRA on a B class fare. Unfortunately no upgrade on the leg to HKG...
Old Nov 9, 2015, 2:07 pm

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, OA Gold (in memoriam), Hertz #1 Gold
Any luck anyone with Turkish?

Op-ups? upgrades which are not op-ups?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 8:55 am

Programs: M&M, M&B
Any luck anyone with Turkish?

Op-ups? upgrades which are not op-ups?
This would be also interesting for me!
Does anybody made an upgrade experience with TK?
Old Nov 10, 2015, 10:36 am

Programs: A3*G
On Saturday 7 November I was upgraded at the gate on LOT 279 WAW-LHR from Economy (V) to Premium Economy. The cabin had 1 row of Business and 1 row of Premium Economy. The flight seemed full and even the (normally reserved empty) middle seat on one side of Business was utilized.

Last edited by eurotexan; Nov 10, 2015 at 10:37 am Reason: added flight #
Old Nov 11, 2015, 9:32 pm

There were four of us (two couples, all M&B Gold) for whom I had bought tickets (one PNR) HER-ATH-XXX about 3 weeks ago. For two of us (wifes) coupon-based upgrades for the second leg of the outgoing part of the itin were OK'd at the time of booking, the husbands were both put on the waiting list. At the time of OLCI at about -44 hrs, I spoke with an A3 agent on the phone and found out that no additional I availability had opened up; tough luck, we had two satisfied wifes and two frustrated husbands. We flew to ATH and with 60 minutes between flights we all went to the A3 lounge for a cup of coffee. 10 minutes later, one of the lounge fairies comes to us, speaks to my friend and says "Mr KLouis, since the flight is full in C, we'd like to upgrade you and the other gentleman to business; would you agree?". I say, "of course we don't object, but I thought that you can't use the coupons 40 minutes before a flight". "Oh, no", she replies, "these are both complimentary upgrades, you pay nothing, not even coupons. And apologies for not having recognised you!". We get the new BPs and, needless to say, I felt like a million dollars. My fourth complimentary upgrade with A3, great flight, great wine (Helona), 20 minutes early at XXX... Now waiting for a coupon-based upgrade for the return flight
Old Nov 12, 2015, 7:37 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
There were four of us (two couples, all M&B Gold) for whom I had bought tickets (one PNR) HER-ATH-XXX about 3 weeks ago. For two of us (wifes) coupon-based upgrades for the second leg of the outgoing part of the itin were OK'd at the time of booking, the husbands were both put on the waiting list. At the time of OLCI at about -44 hrs, I spoke with an A3 agent on the phone and found out that no additional I availability had opened up; tough luck, we had two satisfied wifes and two frustrated husbands. We flew to ATH and with 60 minutes between flights we all went to the A3 lounge for a cup of coffee. 10 minutes later, one of the lounge fairies comes to us, speaks to my friend and says "Mr KLouis, since the flight is full in C, we'd like to upgrade you and the other gentleman to business; would you agree?". I say, "of course we don't object, but I thought that you can't use the coupons 40 minutes before a flight". "Oh, no", she replies, "these are both complimentary upgrades, you pay nothing, not even coupons. And apologies for not having recognised you!". We get the new BPs and, needless to say, I felt like a million dollars. My fourth complimentary upgrade with A3, great flight, great wine (Helona), 20 minutes early at XXX... Now waiting for a coupon-based upgrade for the return flight
Lucky so-and-so.
Old Nov 12, 2015, 12:57 pm

Klouis are you a celebrity? :P

" apologies for not having recognised you!"
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:04 pm

" apologies for not having recognised you!"
No, she simply didn't remember the names, or got them wrong, when we checked into the lounge: There are always simple explanations. But feel free to consider me a celebrity and tell all of your friends that you corresponded with a famous person in FT; I don't mind!
Old Nov 12, 2015, 3:12 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, LH FTL
he is (at least on this forum)
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:20 am

Ο επιμένων νικά! Got a phone call while in XXX that we (the husbands) were upgraded by coupons out of the waiting list. By the way, on the outgoing flight, i.e. for the non-coupon upgrade, we both got the business class miles. This has happened to me earlier, but I don't remember whether this was on all complimentary upgrades or only 2 (or 3) of them.
Old Nov 18, 2015, 6:35 am

Whenever I had an A3 op-up I got miles for c class, even when I was op-uped on a redemption ticket
Old Nov 18, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BAEC Silver
Whenever I had an A3 op-up I got miles for c class, even when I was op-uped on a redemption ticket
Same experience here. Whenever I get an op-up to business, I get the C class miles.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.