Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2019, 10:34 am
Moderator: Mileage Run, United Airlines; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 3MM; Hyatt Glob*****; Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by headingwest
It should be shown below the passenger details column. My guess is that if it's not there, you correctly assumed because it's not on A3 stock. Perhaps you could call up and find out. Let us know how you get on!
I was able to call A3 this morning. I cannot purchase an advance seat assignment because I did not purchase the ticket from A3. I will have to wait until 48 hours before the flight to purchase a seat. *A gold doesn't help get a seat either.
headingwest likes this.
Old Jan 27, 2019, 10:20 pm

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Gold, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold Elite
Been A3 gold for many years now & I've come to understand their routing rules quite well regarding partner awards. I have an itinerary from ICN-BKK, tried to book ICN-SIN on SQ. The second segment (SIN-BKK) was the following morning on TG. Both segments in business, same cabin, under 24h connection. Unsure why the A3 agent was stonewalling me. The agent claimed that the flight would only work for the following day and that the connection needed to be on the same date. She insisted that it would need to be 2 tickets. Never had this situation arise in the past. So is it a misunderstanding on my end or was it a HUCA situation? Award space on my desired flight is gone now and will hopefully be redeposited into inventory tomorrow.
Old Jan 28, 2019, 1:14 pm
:D!
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Diamond, Hilton Bronze, A3 Diamond, IHG *G
Originally Posted by SK925
I have an itinerary from ICN-BKK, tried to book ICN-SIN on SQ. The second segment (SIN-BKK) was the following morning on TG.
Have you tried booking it online?
Old Jan 29, 2019, 11:02 am

Programs: A3 *Gold, AA Gold, AS MVP, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Gold Elite
That was the problem, I wasn't able to see the itinerary on the online search tool even though the routing is legal. Apparently, the agents on the A3 call centre are no longer able to create itineraries segment by segment. Now they seem to only be able to book what shows up online. In the past, you could feed the agent 2 segments assuming they were in the same class and within 24 hours and they would create a single award. That is no longer the case as agents won't search ICN-SIN+SIN-BKK. It must show up as ICN-SIN-BKK. So despite wide open availability and the itinerary following the rules, they won't do it. Ended up just booking ICN-SIN and paying for the flight the following day. They did offer me other flights ICN-SIN-BKK but with different timings.
Old Feb 5, 2019, 7:45 am

A million apologies if this has been asked before.

I am starting from scratch and taking a F trip on LX that will take me to Silver. Am travelling with wife and daughter so plan to create a family account when I get to silver. When I create it will I get the historic miles merged or will it only be new earning from the merger date?

Thanks
Old Feb 5, 2019, 8:33 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BlueHorizonUK
A million apologies if this has been asked before.

I am starting from scratch and taking a F trip on LX that will take me to Silver. Am travelling with wife and daughter so plan to create a family account when I get to silver. When I create it will I get the historic miles merged or will it only be new earning from the merger date?

Thanks
Total current balances get merged, so you'll have all their (and your) miles in one Together account. Don't spend them all at once!!
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by headingwest
Total current balances get merged, so you'll have all their (and your) miles in one Together account. Don't spend them all at once!!
LOL

Thank You

One other question. I know that the threshold is 12k + 2 flights to get Silver. To then get Gold I need 24k on top of the 12k plus 4 flights. Does that mean I need 6 flights to get to Gold (2 to Silver and then 4 to Gold) or a total of 4 flights?

Thanks
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:25 am

Programs: A3
As I understand it, it's a total of 6 flights. 2 for Silver and 4 additional for Gold after qualifying for Silver.
BlueHorizonUK and Arrivals like this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:49 am
Carlson Contributor Badge

Programs: M&M FTL, Miles+Bonus Gold
2 + 4 flights
BlueHorizonUK likes this.
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:51 am

Thank You
Old Feb 6, 2019, 4:56 am

Absolute final questions, PROMISE!!!

Flying LHR-ZRH-PEK//PVG-FRA-LHR and back in F on Swiss and Lufthansa (earning 34368 miles according to Where to Credit).

Is it recommended that I get the 2 flights out of the way BEFORE my big trip so that I qualify for Silver under the lower threshold therefore allowing the excess tier miles I earn to go towards Gold (and then do 4 flights to get gold) or does it not matter?

And is there any problems with booking a GoLight ticket on Expedia?
Old Feb 6, 2019, 5:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Yes, you should get the 2 flights on A3/OA before doing the trip. At least that's what stil get you to gold faster.
Arrivals likes this.
Old Feb 8, 2019, 7:57 am

Programs: Krisflyer, BAEC
For the 2/4 flight requirements to acquire status, must they be on a miles accruing booking class, or is it still counted if its on a non accrual eligible class (I,X,N,R,F)
Old Feb 8, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, A3*S, Bonvoy Gold, HH Gold
Must be an earning class.
I.e. you cannot use award flights for them.
Old Feb 9, 2019, 3:07 am

Programs: DiamondClub (rip), Currently an Alliance Treble Champion (BA, A3, AZ)
A3*G here approaching my first re-qualification despite being a member since 2015! My gold card year ends 10/10/19 and I only have 4900 miles or so remaining to re-qualify. I have a flight coming up where I have the option to upgrade a segment or two quite cheaply which would take me over the threshold though I am not sure how the 'rolling' 12 month status qualification would apply in this case? Does it:

1) Re-qualify to A3*G on 19/2/19 and then I will be gold through 19/2/20
2) Re-qualify to A3*G on 19/2/19 and then I am gold through 10/10 plus 1 year, so 10/10/20?

In the case of (1) I presume I am better off waiting for more flights later in the status year to maximize gold?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.