Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Apr 29, 2024, 4:50 am

!hank you! I can see the dashboard now. It somehow wasn't showing. I guess it's because my A3 flights (also my first flight) was just credited at the time of my question, and the system hasn't updated the progress dashboard to make it available.
Old May 3, 2024, 6:23 am

I booked the wrong week (instead of June 10th, I booked June 3rd) in a light ticket ~12 hours ago. Does Aegean offer buyer's remorse or something similar and will allow me to change my flight ticket day?

Or not worth trying?

Thank you.
Old May 3, 2024, 7:36 am

Flyer1F1 Changes are allowed even in the light fare (for a 40€-70€ fee, according to the route, plus an additional 10€, if the change is made within 7 days of the scheduled departure)
However, if you are asking if Aegean allows you to rebook free of charge within a short time frame, like the 24 hours under US legislation, then the short answer is "no". I remember reading somewhere, that if your ticket was issued within the USA, then you also get to benefit from the legislation, but there are a few conditions that need to met for this to apply (simply purchasing a ticket on Aegean's website will definitely exclude you from that).
Old May 3, 2024, 7:54 am

Yes I was wondering if I can rebook free of charge.

>I remember reading somewhere, that if your ticket was issued within the USA, then you also get to benefit from the legislation

I am wondering if I could benefit from that If I used a VPN. How can I check if a ticket I am purchasing is "issued from within the USA", for future purchases?

If I select "Sales City: San Fransisco" in ITA matrix I can find itenaries.

Though I would guess the US DOT rule only applies to flights from/to the USA (regardless of salescity).
Old May 3, 2024, 8:04 am

I checked the flight rules for domestic US flights and they typicall include the following. This is not mentioned in the flight rules of the Aegean flight, even if the sales city is San Fransisco.

```
RESERVATIONS MADE ONE WEEK OR MORE PRIOR TO A
FLIGHTS SCHEDULED DEPARTURE CAN BE CANCELLED
WITHOUT PENALTY UP TO 24 HOURS AFTER RESERVATION
IS MADE
```
Old May 3, 2024, 8:17 am

Here's a bit more info than my half-knowledge..
Old May 4, 2024, 1:09 pm

Hello,

Has anyone tried the within-same-day free ticket changes for the full C fare?
The only information I can find is that you can change flight from the checkin area of the app as well as at the airport.

Does this open with the check-in 48 hours ahead of the flight, within a 24 hour timeframe or within the same calendar day?
Old May 4, 2024, 1:48 pm

Originally Posted by andermitzak
Hello,

Has anyone tried the within-same-day free ticket changes for the full C fare?
The only information I can find is that you can change flight from the checkin area of the app as well as at the airport.

Does this open with the check-in 48 hours ahead of the flight, within a 24 hour timeframe or within the same calendar day?
This is only a benefit of economy comfortflex within the same day.
But the FULL C fare already has full flexibility, so you don’t need this benefit
Old May 4, 2024, 2:18 pm

The full fare C can be changed free of charge plus the fare difference.

With the benefit you can change intra-day without a fee difference, thus my question.

Last edited by andermitzak; May 4, 2024 at 3:17 pm
Old May 4, 2024, 2:58 pm

... within the same calendar day?
This
Old May 4, 2024, 3:34 pm

The full fare C can be changed free of charge plus the fare difference.

With the benefit you can change intra-day without a fee difference, thus my question.
But, again his is only a benefit of economy comfortflex. Not business.

And if it would be FULL fare business, how would there be a fare difference?
Old May 4, 2024, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by giorginho
This
Thank you

Originally Posted by ariadgr_
But, again his is only a benefit of economy comfortflex. Not business.

And if it would be FULL fare business, how would there be a fare difference?
It is not a benefit of economy CF only. Business can be booked in business basic and full business. Full fare has the benefit of free intra-day changes as well.
Old May 4, 2024, 3:51 pm

It is not a benefit of economy CF only. Business can be booked in business basic and full business. Full fare has the benefit of free intra-day changes as well.
You are right.

However, what I meant, is if you actualy booked the FULL fare (the most expensive business class fare), you would not need this benefit, as you could change anytime without extra fees.
What you mean by full fare is "Business classic". You don't actually mean full fare.
Old May 4, 2024, 4:06 pm

The full fare business class can be changed at anytime without extra fees, though by paying the fare difference of the new selected flight if there is such difference.
With the free intra-day changes, there is no payable fare difference.

By full fare I do not mean necessarily fare class C, but the distinction that A3 makes between "Business Class" and "Business Basic".
Old May 5, 2024, 2:05 pm

A3 Gold segment requirement: Award Tickets count?

Do award tickets (redeeming A3 miles on A3 metal) count toward the segment requirement?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.