Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 10:41 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Next problem

After having successfully received upgrades on BRU-SKG on a BRU-SKG-ATH itinerary, my seat assigment (and my wife's - we are on different PNRs) have been changed on the SKG-ATH leg.
I had 14C and got "moved up" to 5B (which I really don't like as it is a middle seat) (Flex Fare). 14C has been taken meanwhile, so I would have to go back to 15C, or pay the full 4 EUR to move to 4C which is still unoccupied (and would actually be my preferred option.)
My wife had 6D and got "moved up" to 4D, so that is "like for like". She's on a comfortflex fare.

Anyone else encountered these random seat changes?
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:12 pm

Originally Posted by fets_be
Next problem
My wife had 6D and got "moved up" to 4D, so that is "like for like". She's on a comfortflex fare.

Anyone else encountered these random seat changes?
Our seat reservations for our flight 4 days ago got scr**** up big-time.... Twice!!!! Both times there was an equipment change and both times all 4 of us were placed miles apart (mind you, we're talking about kids younger than 3 years old!) and in fact the 2nd time they only left 1 child inside the cabin and placed 3 of us on "stand-by", which meant we would have certainly missed the flight, had I not been able to move heaven and earth to get us some kind of seats back (in the end we had to sit separately, but at least in 2 pairs).
​​​​
Anyway, since your wife has comfort flex she could move to your row, if there's any seat available. The fact that you already have the middle seat is of course a big disadvantage, since it means either the aisle or the window seat needs to be available.

If neither of them is available, I would contact Aegean ASAP. Preferably through social media (X), where they respond days quicker than via e-mail.
The first time they messed up our seats they did actually move us back all together. The 2nd time was just after olci had opened up (and I had already completed it, in fact we were the 17th-20th among over 200 passengers to complete the check-in), so there was no time for them to arrange anything for us (they were going to place a request with the airport staff, by which time I was certain we'd miss the flight if we'd waited that long).

If you want to be 100% sure you'll sit together, what I would do is simply pay the 4€ and request a refund. I'm pretty sure you'll get it, just make screenshots of the current situation etc.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 12:32 pm

xxxxxxxxx
Old Mar 28, 2024, 3:00 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by giorginho
If you want to be 100% sure you'll sit together, what I would do is simply pay the 4€ and request a refund. I'm pretty sure you'll get it, just make screenshots of the current situation etc.
I choose to pay the 4 eur and enjoy my life and not worry about it. We have 4C and 4D now, which is our preferred way of seating anyway. (And 1C 1D on the flight before)

but free seat selection for A3 *G would be very nice to have if anyone from Aegean is listening.
remymartin and giorginho like this.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 7:09 am

A3 credit to UA and AMS ground experience

This will be my first time on A3, flying AMS-ATH. I booked a comfort flex flight directly with the airline and it’s showing fare basis T. It looks like this converts to a deeply discounted ticket for UA mileage plus credit which is 50 percent of distance, which is surprising since it was a comfort flex flight. Is this typical? There is a much more generous booking bonus to credit points directly to A3, but I don’t anticipate flying them anytime soon again

Also, I’m wondering if anyone has ground experience at AMS? More specifically, are there kiosks to check your bag in and/or are the bag lines manageable? Also, at Amsterdam, is there a separate security for A3 flights or are you in the same line as KLM flights? This is for peak summertime travel and I’ve read so many horrible things about Amsterdam wait times.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:01 am

Programs: LY-PL, A3-*G
The miles you receive on UA are based on the booking class. T flex or T light credit the same.
A3 have their own check in counter with a priority one if you are eligible. Security at AMS can be a nightmare
Old Mar 31, 2024, 11:30 pm

Does A3 give out amenity kits in J?
Old Apr 1, 2024, 3:26 am

Originally Posted by znke252
Does A3 give out amenity kits in J?
No
Old Apr 2, 2024, 4:24 pm

Programs: EBG
Hi!
I'm a SK Eurobonus Diamond (lifetime gold) looking for a new *A home. Does anyone have experience with A3 matching other *A gold statuses?
Old Apr 3, 2024, 2:24 am

Programs: A3 *G
Hi, just curious: I have a 40' connection in SKG (both A3 flights), I guess that should be enough for the checked baggage to be transferred to the other aircraft, right? Thanks!
Old Apr 3, 2024, 5:31 am

Originally Posted by jumpallover
Hi, just curious: I have a 40' connection in SKG (both A3 flights), I guess that should be enough for the checked baggage to be transferred to the other aircraft, right? Thanks!
50/50 yes or no
jumpallover likes this.
Old Apr 3, 2024, 9:23 am
Hilton 10+ BadgeAccor 10+ Badge

Programs: *A Gold (A3), HHonor Gold
Originally Posted by ThomasF
Hi!
I'm a SK Eurobonus Diamond (lifetime gold) looking for a new *A home. Does anyone have experience with A3 matching other *A gold statuses?
They don't do status match.
Old Apr 7, 2024, 1:14 pm

Programs: AY+, SK EB
Originally Posted by ThomasF
Hi!
There is the rule of thumb that you don‘t match within an alliance.

So wait until talking is over and the move itself happens. Then we can see which *A carrier matches SK EB Diamond.
Old Apr 8, 2024, 11:59 am

Programs: EBG
Originally Posted by Jainzar
There is the rule of thumb that you don‘t match within an alliance.

So wait until talking is over and the move itself happens. Then we can see which *A carrier matches SK EB Diamond.
thanks!
given its now official (01.09.2024 SK is out of *A), could we now expect status match offers? If yes, how are those usually communicated?
Old Apr 9, 2024, 6:38 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by jumpallover
It took me exactly 10 minutes and 53 seconds from parking to having a coffee in the SKG lounge, how cool!
fets_be and giorginho like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.