Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus
Reload this Page >

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Wikipost is Locked  
Old Feb 23, 2015, 6:35 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NWIFlyer
With the evolution of the Miles&Bonus program, there are a number of threads on this forum that contain outdated information, plus a further set that - whilst describing the new program - contain conflicting information that has only been crystallised as we all discover how certain aspects of the program either work or are interpreted.

It is perhaps therefore unsurprising that many new members find searching through this myriad of threads a little daunting, and consequently they post a question in one of the FAQ threads.

This tends to irk those who've been around for a while who expect the new posters to at least do some basic searching before posting a question that has probably been asked many times before. This also causes the forums to become very congested and less easy to read through with the same question being asked and answered many times.

I am therefore creating a thread, which will be stickied, for anyone to ask any question they like about the M&B program where they are unsure or it's not obvious where they should be posting it.

There is no such thing in this thread as a stupid question, no issue with asking a repeat question, and any answers should be 100% flame-free. I will take a dim view of anyone that abuses a member or provides a less than helpful answer (such as 'do a search') to any question asked in here, because this is being created to benefit all of us so the other threads flow more cleanly. Thank you for your co-operation on this.

It might be that I move questions to more appropriate threads so they receive an answer more quickly, but if I do so I will always add a note to indicate where they originated, and ask that the flame-free answer principle be respected.

NWIFlyer
Aegean M&B
Print Wikipost

Flame-Free Questions on A3 - ask your newbie (and not so newbie) questions here

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2024, 12:35 am

Programs: Star Alliance Gold (A3 Gold), Oneworld Emerald (BA Gold), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by superbgarfield
Do award tickets (redeeming A3 miles on A3 metal) count toward the segment requirement?
Unfortunately not, only revenue flights count.
giorginho likes this.
Old May 6, 2024, 2:27 am

First time booking/flying Aegean.

Booking for myself + 4 family members - Im *G member - does everyone on the PNR/booking get the benefits - eg; fast track/priority security & discounted upfront seats?

I cant find anything anywhere on their website
Old May 6, 2024, 4:49 am

Originally Posted by altomatum
Booking for myself + 4 family members - I’m *G member - does everyone on the PNR/booking get the benefits - eg; fast track/priority security & discounted upfront seats?
Everyone gets the same boarding group as you if you check-in together. Nothing else.
fets_be, giorginho and altomatum like this.
Old May 7, 2024, 9:08 pm

Hi all,
PLease give me an advise how to reach gold with M+B from the scratch on the cheapest way. I am living in Sofia and can do easily 6 flights but they will earn a small amount of miles. I found in other threads a hint for a mileage run with AirChina but I am confused how this miles will count towards the status as I saw If I fly other *A flights I need more tier miles. For clarity the idea is to find cheap flight from Europe to Asia and back which will give me around 20k miles but from the flight with A3 Sof-ATH I will get around 1000 miles each in economy flex. So in this case which target I have to reach?
Old May 8, 2024, 8:18 pm

Sorry to give you an answer that won't help you with what you plan (but may be helpful overall). If, in addition to the mandatory 6, then 4 yearly A3 flights you need mileage runs and don't fly, otherwise, often with *A carriers, why do you want to achieve gold that will cost you a lot of money to... keep?
Old May 9, 2024, 2:26 am

Originally Posted by KLouis
Sorry to give you an answer that won't help you with what you plan (but may be helpful overall). If, in addition to the mandatory 6, then 4 yearly A3 flights you need mileage runs and don't fly, otherwise, often with *A carriers, why do you want to achieve gold that will cost you a lot of money to... keep?
Usually am flying on a short flights in Europe mainly with LH and OE and want to have it for a lounge access and fast track.For long haul flights I am redeeming miles for Business class, but this is for vacations. I was spoiled already with OW Sapphire status I had last year and want it again.
Old May 13, 2024, 7:03 am

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Any pointers what to do after a rejected miles claim? I flew two SK segments a few weeks ago and the online form rejected my claim. CS say the miles have gone somewhere else ( ) even though my BP has A3 on it. The second segment was flown by wetlease operator Xfly, which they also mention as a no go. As it is a wetlease partner, I find their stance rather bizarre.

If/when I find where the miles went, what are my chances of getting them reinstated into A3? My requalification was short of these miles.
Old May 13, 2024, 9:21 am

Call again, ask for supervisor
Alternatively, submit a contact form (although sometimes they do not reply)
Old May 13, 2024, 11:35 am

remymartin The first thing you need to do is figure out where the miles went (I once tried to credit a LH flight that was already credited to Miles&More and I even got the message "...were already credited to another program" right after hitting "submit" on the claims form on Aegean's website, so I guess what they're telling you should be true, since they'll be able to see it too in your case).
After you've figured that out, you need to contact that other ffp and request that they "free" those miles, that they cancel the registration of that flight+miles, so that they can be claimed by another ffp.

​​​​​After that is done you need to contact Aegean and hope they can sort it out. It worked for me once a long time ago (like 11,5 years ago), but I can't say if it will work now for you.
Old May 13, 2024, 12:22 pm

Programs: SPG LTP, hotels, OWE, STE+, *G, Octopus
Thanks for the responses. I used the web form and attached a scan BP before I got this response.

The only sensible programme the miles couldve gone to is SK, and I just logged in to my dormant account to yet again see 0p there. Im at loss what else the gate agent couldve done, especially since the pure SK op segment was boarded through egates with my physical BP (a3*g on it).

Ill call and see what the supervisor says. On the QR forum there are several similar stories where points end up on MH or other ow programmes - unclear if its a case of rogue agents or whats going on.
Old May 13, 2024, 2:08 pm

In a very recent case from a friend of mine, he used a travel agent to book a flight and the travel agent had proactively entered the (unwanted) ffp details, according to my friend without informing them about this action at all. We found out due to the rejection message I got when trying to assist.
Since this only regarded award miles, my friend didn't bother with attempting to do what I described above.

However if you booked on their website and only entered the ffp details you wanted from the beginning and nothing else at no point in time... yeah, it makes little sense that the miles would end up anywhere else.
Old May 14, 2024, 3:14 am

Programs: A3 *G
Originally Posted by remymartin
On the QR forum there are several similar stories where points end up on MH or other ow programmes
Wow really?? I can JUST about see them going to another *A program under a weird set of circumstances, but to another alliance? That takes some doing!
Old May 18, 2024, 2:23 pm

Programs: World of Hyatt
Booked an A3 ticket through UA from IST > ATH. Does anyone know what fare class this award ticket falls into and whether there's seat section and luggage included? Online system using A3 PNR gives a "Seat Selection Unavailable" error message. Called the US phone number and the agent said they could help me with seat selection for 5 euro each but apparently could not see my baggage allowance on their end. They also said that I would be assigned a seat automatically 48 prior to departure and I could change it for free at that point.
Old May 19, 2024, 4:30 am

Originally Posted by numinous
Booked an A3 ticket through UA from IST > ATH. Does anyone know what fare class this award ticket falls into and whether there's seat section and luggage included? Online system using A3 PNR gives a "Seat Selection Unavailable" error message. Called the US phone number and the agent said they could help me with seat selection for 5 euro each but apparently could not see my baggage allowance on their end. They also said that I would be assigned a seat automatically 48 prior to departure and I could change it for free at that point.
1x23 kg luggage will be included (I believe this will be shown during online checkin 48 hours before)
select your seat free during online checkin
numinous likes this.
Old May 27, 2024, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA--no longer 2P as of 3/2012 and don't even care. Never thought I'd say that.
Hello, we are booked on A3 802 (ATH-MUC) with a 90 minute connection followed by a UA flight to the United States on June 11. I have two questions please.
  1. Any idea what amount for an upgrade bid Aegean will accept? We are anxious about our connection so willing to offer 200 Euros per person (there are three of us, all on separating bookings).
  2. If we are at a bus gate in MUC will business class passengers get their own bus and arrive at the terminal faster?

Thanking you in advance for your insight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.