FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Seat upgrade coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html)

KLouis Dec 12, 2014 5:40 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb (Post 23984173)
The lady on the front desk was very pleased...[...]...Very friendly people.

This is why I refuse to call them "lounge dragons". Instead, "lounge fairies" is a much better description for the ladies at the A3 lounge in ATH! :) :) :)

Yarrick Dec 12, 2014 6:53 am

I upgraded CPH-ATH-RHO and back and they said nothing about a fee. But when viewing the booking at expedia it shows 30EUR as price now instead of the GoLight ticket price. Neither charge shown on my visa card yet though.

iudex Dec 12, 2014 7:52 am

Originally Posted by Yarrick (Post 23984758)
I upgraded CPH-ATH-RHO and back and they said nothing about a fee. But when viewing the booking at expedia it shows 30EUR as price now instead of the GoLight ticket price. Neither charge shown on my visa card yet though.

Would please tell me if You had to use one coupon or two for that flight? Cheers!

EAPflyer Dec 12, 2014 2:30 pm

I upgraded both legs of my modest "segment run" BCN - ATH - ZRH (GoLight, expedia) with 2 coupons and the whole thing did not take longer than 4 minutes on the phone which was answered immediately. No additional costs and the new e-ticket arrived within 5 minutes. I am impressed and looking forward to my first A3 flights.

EAPflyer Dec 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Originally Posted by iudex (Post 23985023)
Would please tell me if You had to use one coupon or two for that flight? Cheers!

I assume 4, as it is four segments.....

freddo Dec 12, 2014 11:03 pm

I finally managed to use my coupons! Yes the wait on the phone may be long during peak hours, but the agents are all pleasant and very friendly. International legs are rebooked in I class.

What concerns me now, is since I class doesn't earn any miles, will that count towards my 4 sectors A3 minimum to requalify A3 gold will less miles...we shall see

erik19283 Dec 13, 2014 3:25 am

Originally Posted by freddo (Post 23989247)
I finally managed to use my coupons! Yes the wait on the phone may be long during peak hours, but the agents are all pleasant and very friendly. International legs are rebooked in I class.

What concerns me now, is since I class doesn't earn any miles, will that count towards my 4 sectors A3 minimum to requalify A3 gold will less miles...we shall see

If anyone reads this before calling, can you please ask them at the same time if it will count or not? I'd like to know too. ;)

Xandrios Dec 13, 2014 3:49 am

An upgrade to I class is just like any other (paid for by miles) upgrade. I have never heard of an FFP not giving credit for the original (paid) fare.

But yes, to be 101% sure a confirmation of the first experiences would be useful.

In any case, some nice Aegean Business flight reviews / trip reports would be great! Not just for the people flyign A3 regularly, but also to advertise their product somewhat (And hopefully land them some new customers) :)

kanor Dec 13, 2014 3:53 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 23989846)
An upgrade to I class is just like any other (paid for by miles) upgrade. I have never heard of an FFP not giving credit for the original (paid) fare.

The question that why an airlines native FFP shouldnt give credit for the base booking class escapes me. The only real experience would be to check if other *A airlines with less than stellar FFP IT would give too.

DELLAS Dec 13, 2014 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by erik19283 (Post 23989788)
If anyone reads this before calling, can you please ask them at the same time if it will count or not? I'd like to know too. ;)

Upgrades count to your 4 as you still bought a normal economy ticket. You most likely will need to do a retro claim for your original booking class to get the miles though.

EAPflyer Dec 13, 2014 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 23991782)
Upgrades count to your 4 as you still bought a normal economy ticket. You most likely will need to do a retro claim for your original booking class to get the miles though.

Probably not necessary to reclaim. A3 issues a new e-tkt that still shows the original fare base "PNOBAGD/UPGR".

huguis1 Dec 13, 2014 7:29 pm

I am guessing the answer but just to make sure, Has anyone tried to upgrade the ATH-AUH A3 coded on EY metal? Any thought?

DELLAS Dec 14, 2014 3:27 am

Originally Posted by EAPflyer (Post 23992270)
Probably not necessary to reclaim. A3 issues a new e-tkt that still shows the original fare base "PNOBAGD/UPGR".

Well it is if they do not post to your account and I know of at least 2 cases where it has happened last week. Others can report back over the coming days and weeks.

Xandrios Dec 14, 2014 5:48 am

Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 23984536)
This is why I refuse to call them "lounge dragons". Instead, "lounge fairies" is a much better description for the ladies at the A3 lounge in ATH! :) :) :)

That applies to most of the staff at ATH I have to say. There are some exceptions (I had some bad experiences when flying LCC out of Athens) but overall I find the check in agents very nice and helpful indeed.

Great example: I am flying ath-ams today. Booked through Paris with 1:10 transfer time. The AF flight to Paris has 45 minutes delay so I went to the ticketing desk - and I didn't even have to explain what I was hoping they would do. The guy instantly rebooked me on the direct klm flight to Amsterdam.

Another time I arrived a little early - and after asking they rebooked me on the earlier flight for free. Even though I only arrived at the airport 30 min before departure of that flight with check in already closed!

These things are rare when flying within Europe. Common sense says that these things should be standard..but I dare you to try the same at AMS, CDG or other major airport. They will send you away laughing about that you dared to ask.

Of course it helps that I am flying out of ATH bi-weekly for many years, so many of them at least recognize me. But I don't think that's the main factor here :)

One general rule applies at all time. Be nice to the agents, and they are nice to you. When you start your question with a 'hi how are you?' instead of pushing your demands and/or wishes, you will see that almost anything can be arranged. (Within the boundaries of what is allowed of course).

t566 Dec 15, 2014 4:35 am

I called Aegean last week for the upgrade of two flights (FRA-SKG & ATH-FRA) which was a smooth experience.
(Non flex fare w/ 0PC luggage booked via a external travel agent to aegean business using the Gold Coupons...)
However they called today to inform my about the change in taxes: 1,15 Euro have to be paid extra.

Checkmytrip already shows the flights being booked in business and the other flight segments now show 1PC of luggage and "Economy" instead of "Economy Restricted".