FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Seat upgrade coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html)

NWIFlyer Jan 9, 2015 5:05 am

Originally Posted by vd0t (Post 24130440)
I noticed that for Business class tickets, it includes "1 day free car rental provided by Hertz". Does that include upgraded tickets as well?

Edit: it appears to be only for roundtrip domestic flights in business class. But would it still work on upgraded tickets?

No - an upgraded ticket effectively becomes an award one because it books into I-class inventory. Award tickets are specifically excluded from car hire.

scrappydog Jan 9, 2015 6:26 am

Finally able to use 2 of my upgrade coupons for upcoming trip Aug 2015:
MAD-ATH and ATH-IST

It was really quick, just have to book Go Light, any class even in PUTE and called Aegean and they promptly attend to my request within 2 minutes - it is done.

I waited only less than 24 hours and I get email ticket confirmation..

Question though, are domestic like ATH-JTR-ATH upgradable too? I can't seem to see any award availability. Or maybe cos its peak period??

KLouis Jan 9, 2015 8:28 am

Originally Posted by vd0t (Post 24130440)
I noticed that for Business class tickets, it includes "1 day free car rental provided by Hertz". Does that include upgraded tickets as well?

Edit: it appears to be only for roundtrip domestic flights in business class. But would it still work on upgraded tickets?

Of course not! :rolleyes:

l380 Jan 9, 2015 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by scrappydog (Post 24131357)
Question though, are domestic like ATH-JTR-ATH upgradable too? I can't seem to see any award availability. Or maybe cos its peak period??

I tried to upgrade the exact same flights but was told that "there is no business compartment on domestic flights". Hence no upgrade can be done. I was hoping that they can upgrade me to the flexible fare so that I can check in two baggages. However, that was not possible as well... :( Please let me know if you can!

FlyEurope Jan 10, 2015 2:49 am

Originally Posted by l380 (Post 24136439)
I tried to upgrade the exact same flights but was told that "there is no business compartment on domestic flights". Hence no upgrade can be done. I was hoping that they can upgrade me to the flexible fare so that I can check in two baggages. However, that was not possible as well... :( Please let me know if you can!

Probably the flight is operated by Olympic? Olympic has Y-only seating in their DashQ400's.

jerry_greece Jan 10, 2015 3:14 am

business class in domestic routes is offered only for ATH-SKG/HER/RHO/CHQ/CFU (if i don't forget another one).

KLouis Jan 10, 2015 3:37 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 24137346)
business class in domestic routes is offered only for ATH-SKG/HER/RHO/CHQ/CFU (if i don't forget another one).

Also HER-SKG, CHQ-SKG, RHO-SKG.

jerry_greece Jan 10, 2015 5:41 am

Originally Posted by KLouis (Post 24137414)
Also HER-SKG, CHQ-SKG, RHO-SKG.

As far as i see on the website and the availability, at the direct flights there is no business class either (only when you connect via Athens)

KLouis Jan 10, 2015 5:51 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 24137733)
As far as i see on the website and the availability, at the direct flights there is no business class either (only when you connect via Athens)

True, did not bother to look the details of the search result. Sorry!

lgts Jan 13, 2015 3:12 am

NEW: Gold card holders can now request upgrade (by voucher) for fellow travelers.

According to the wesite "Seat Upgrade can only be booked by you, via Aegean Reservations Department up to 24 hours prior to the respective flight departure, but can be used by any third party you choose. "

^ for this
:td: for me using all 4 of them already :(

djjaguar64 Jan 13, 2015 6:24 am

Originally Posted by lgts (Post 24155877)
NEW: Gold card holders can now request upgrade (by voucher) for fellow travelers.

According to the wesite "Seat Upgrade can only be booked by you, via Aegean Reservations Department up to 24 hours prior to the respective flight departure, but can be used by any third party you choose. "

^ for this

Interesting, this means I can upgrade myself and my niece who is a member but no Gold or Silver.

KATERGOO Jan 13, 2015 7:06 am

[QUOTE=lgts;24155877]NEW: Gold card holders can now request upgrade (by voucher) for fellow travelers.

Thanks. Excellent info. :)

vd0t Jan 13, 2015 7:09 am

Originally Posted by lgts (Post 24155877)

^ for this

Cool. where did you see this?

KLouis Jan 13, 2015 7:32 am

Originally Posted by vd0t (Post 24156644)

Obviously, in the M&B website here.

KATERGOO Jan 13, 2015 7:44 am

Originally Posted by vd0t (Post 24156644)

Seat upgrade on Aegean flights

https://en.aegeanair.com/milesandbon...benefits/gold/

Access your Miles+Bonus account online, click on “My coupons” option from the navigation list and get benefit of 4 coupons for complimentary seat upgrade on Aegean flights to enjoy an even more comfortable journey. Seat Upgrade can only be booked by you, via Aegean Reservations Department up to 24 hours prior to the respective flight departure, but can be used by any third party you choose. You are required to have a valid and paid Economy Class ticket with confirmed reservation (free, award, charter flights and barter tickets, are not eligible for this offer).*