FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Seat upgrade coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html)

DELLAS Dec 15, 2014 5:59 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 23994367)
One general rule applies at all time. Be nice to the agents, and they are nice to you. When you start your question with a 'hi how are you?' instead of pushing your demands and/or wishes, you will see that almost anything can be arranged. (Within the boundaries of what is allowed of course).

Yep having been on the other side of the counter many years ago I can tell you that is certainly the way to go. ^^

johnirvine Dec 16, 2014 11:02 am

I have just used my four upgrade vouchers to upgrade the longer flights in various two-sector itineraries (eg ATH-TXL in LCA-ATH-TXL). All of these were on Go Light fares. What is most interesting is that the M&B agent changed the baggage allowance to 2 pieces for all sectors. If this is standard practice, it constitutes a further useful benefit from the new program.

murilix Dec 16, 2014 11:57 am

just upgraded an ATH-IST flight booked via third party website. question is: got booked into "I" class. does it mean I will not get any miles for it?

pbd456 Dec 17, 2014 12:55 am

i have a 006 ticket with 2 segments on A3, is there a way to apply the upgrade?

NWIFlyer Dec 17, 2014 1:13 am

Originally Posted by pbd456 (Post 24010127)
i have a 006 ticket with 2 segments on A3, is there a way to apply the upgrade?

There doesn't seem to be a restriction on ticket stock, so - even though this was issued by DL - you should be able to ring A3 and apply your coupons. Presumably obtaining the A3 PNR would be helpful though.

jerry_greece Dec 17, 2014 6:59 am

Originally Posted by murilix (Post 24006926)
just upgraded an ATH-IST flight booked via third party website. question is: got booked into "I" class. does it mean I will not get any miles for it?

No. it's been reported that the new fare-class is:

[ZZ]/UPGR

where [ZZ] is your originally booked class (i.e. PNOBAG)

NWIFlyer Dec 17, 2014 7:34 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 24011050)
No. it's been reported that the new fare-class is:

[ZZ]/UPGR

where [ZZ] is your originally booked class (i.e. PNOBAG)

Contrary to other reports where bag allowances have been increased with the move in the Business cabin, my experience still aligns with this - with a ticket apparently issued and showing, my PNR record on A3's site stills shows only as one bag for *G on a GoLight booking (and Check My Trip doesn't show any bag information whatsoever).

DELLAS Dec 17, 2014 8:43 am

It has also been reported that a GL fare upgraded to I class does indeed show 3 bags for *G members at check in.

kapami Dec 17, 2014 8:57 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS (Post 24011633)
It has also been reported that a GL fare upgraded to I class does indeed show 3 bags for *G members at check in.

that is correct. upgraded two go light fares ATH-MUC-ATH with the coupons and i have 3 bags allowance as *G.

TGflyergirl Dec 18, 2014 6:45 am

Seat upgrade coupons (merged threads)

Just upgraded 2 flex fares each with a domestic Greek leg on single class plane service - they don't touch the domestic legs leaving the seat assignments and all intact on those non upgraded legs

Knobbgb Dec 19, 2014 1:56 am

For once I'm posting to report a failure in upgrading.

I just called them and was informed that it's not possible to do the upgrade yet because "that part of the new IT system is not working yet" and that I should call back maybe next week. So, that could mean:

(a) They are making changes to the system again so it is currently not working.
(b) The rep. didn't know that it could be done yet or just didn't know how to do it.

I did tell her that I already upgraded another seat last week and she had a look at it (I made my free seat selection), so I am guessing it is (a). Anybody else having problems at the moment? I'm worried that award availability may be gone by then (although it is available right now) as the flight is only three weeks away.

jktraveler Dec 21, 2014 10:11 am

I've got 2 questions if anyone can help:

1. Can GoLight fares be upgraded?
2. Are miles credited based on the original fare or the upgraded fare?

LowSoulflyer Dec 21, 2014 10:37 am

I upgraded FRA-ATH-LCA and LCA-SKG-FRA to Business Class with my vouchers. They were all booked as GoLight originally.

LowSoulflyer Dec 21, 2014 11:12 am

I've got some general questions regarding the upgrade to business class. My partner and I are flying FRA-ATH-LCA next year. Originally we had one confirmation number. When I used my upgrade vouchers to get upgraded to business class the booking was split and now we have individual booking numbers. My partner will stay in Economy.

1. Can I switch seats with him? So that I fly business during FRA-ATH and he flies business during ATH-LCA?

2. In case the two other seats would remain empty next to me ... Would he be allowed to sit with me? I mean not the whole time but after food has been served for example.

3. and last question: I read that in some cases special busses for business class passengers are available for transport from plane to the terminal or vice versa. Can he use them as well when I tell them that we are traveling together?

Thanks!

EAPflyer Dec 21, 2014 1:39 pm

Unless you are booked in GoLight, you could try to upgrade your partner with miles....

He will definitely not be allowed to sit with you in Business, not even after meal...

To be honest, I would never do what you did, in your case I would have preferred to stay in economy... travelling with my loved one by my side is worth much more than me travelling alone in business class... and if we had to split, my partner would fly the longer sector, or even all, in business..... Maybe I am finally getting that Xmas feeling... Merry Xmas and a Happy New Year to all of you! It is so much fun to be on here!