FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Seat upgrade coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html)

pkfk13 Nov 27, 2014 6:33 am

Seat upgrade coupons

I have A3 *G, and one of the listed benefits are 4 seat upgrade coupons.

Where exactly would I find these ? I never received them in the package with the luggage tags and gold card, and cant seem to find them on the web site.

Do I need to call in to get them, or what ??

(Planning a Greece sailing trip next year, so I will actulally use them, assuming I can find them !!)

irishguy28 Nov 27, 2014 8:43 am

They exist only electronically, in your account, and you will never "receive" anything. When you want to use them, you ring Aegean and ask to apply them to your forthcoming booking. Upgrades are contingent on there being upgrade availability open on your flight - they do not give you guaranteed access to an upgrade.

yyccdg Nov 27, 2014 9:18 am

I thought I read on one of the other threads that you had to have the coupon number that you printed from out of your account otherwise they won't do an upgrade. Is that not true? If it is, where do you find the certificates?

irishguy28 Nov 27, 2014 9:44 am

The coupons will be visible in your account when you log in, just as soon as the website settles down after the upheavals of the changeover.

razorblade Nov 27, 2014 9:46 am

Originally Posted by yyccdg (Post 23906449)
I thought I read on one of the other threads that you had to have the coupon number that you printed from out of your account otherwise they won't do an upgrade. Is that not true? If it is, where do you find the certificates?

The coupons were available on the site for a brief period after the upgrade, but they have since been removed.

It's hard to say if it'll be up on the site again, it's still a transition period of the site upgrade. Only time will tell.

SilverFlight168 Nov 27, 2014 10:52 am

I called Aegean yesterday using their French number asking to upgrade my flights in January using the coupons. The agent said they couldn't do anything about this at the moment because they also didn't have access to the coupons and asked me to call them again next week.

hermes1 Nov 27, 2014 12:31 pm

Perhaps this feature will be available in the "manage my booking" section. I suspect it will only be for business A fare which is discounted business.

frenchft Nov 27, 2014 2:08 pm

So, let's be clear, nothing works after one week, they do not answer the phone, they do not answer emails, they copy paste answers on twitter... and i have flight to upgrade for monday and impossible to do it...
Do talk of all the other new things, nothing is implemented, etc etc... should be nice they do an update. We all have been patient, but now i think it's enough... worst IT and CS... Shame because the inflight experience with A3 is really nice at european standards.

lsed Nov 29, 2014 11:59 am

Does this work for flights ticketed on award by partner airlines?

Even if so I doubt it will work for a flight in the coming days.

Air Rarotonga Nov 29, 2014 12:59 pm

Originally Posted by lsed (Post 23914991)
Does this work for flights ticketed on award by partner airlines?

Computer says nooo, hugh!

HiroshimaFlyer Dec 3, 2014 6:26 am

Upgrade Vouchers - Data Point

Hey guys,

Just wanted to let you know that I spoke to Aegean and they said that business class upgrade vouchers will be usable from next week and that you can apply them to Flex tickets, not Golight tickets.

It was unclear whether they can be used for companions as she started talking about using miles to upgrade additional seats.

TGflyergirl Dec 3, 2014 6:46 am

As per the other thread I've got a flex booking in P (which as per the current rules doesn't allow upgrading as it is lower than S) - will try next week and report back. Who knows , the rules might have changed. Worst they can say is no :)

KLouis Dec 3, 2014 7:49 am

Originally Posted by TGflyergirl (Post 23934975)
As per the other thread I've got a flex booking in P (which as per the current rules doesn't allow upgrading as it is lower than S) - will try next week and report back. Who knows , the rules might have changed. Worst they can say is no :)

This is not to be considered sexist and neither am I a male chauvinist pig. Having said that, please allow me the following comment:

This is my (TGflyer)girl!

This smiley at the end, right after mentioning the possibility of them saying no, is the proof of one of the few sane people left in this forum. Here's a small gift to you!

Filakia,

K.

TGflyergirl Dec 3, 2014 8:06 am

Well - as long as I take my meds I'm ok ! (So I've been told)

bcnfish Dec 3, 2014 8:14 am

Thanks for the info.

Would be nice to also find out 1) if there needs to be availability in certain fare classes to upgrade and 2) how long in advance an upgrade can be confirmed.

I emailed them about this a couple weeks ago but never got anything back.