FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Aegean Airlines | Miles+Bonus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus-694/)
-   -   Seat upgrade coupons (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/aegean-airlines-miles-bonus/1632081-seat-upgrade-coupons.html)

Knobbgb Dec 9, 2014 12:53 am

...another interesting thing I spotted. The "Companion" vouchers seem to work!

I just made a dummy domestic booking and entered the promotional code off my voucher and it did, indeed give a 50% reduction off the ticket price for up to two pax! (Off the ticket price only, not the taxes of course).

Things are looking up... (maybe).

Xandrios Dec 9, 2014 2:11 am

That is good to know! Is the coupon you used for testing still valid after testing this? I was a bit hesitant to try since I do not know when it is invalidated: Upon entering or upon purchasing the ticket(s) :P

The terms mentioned on the coupons are still the same indeed. For the business class upgrades it says that any Aegean operated flight is eligible. However i'd hold off buying GoLight tickets until it has been proven to actually work ;)

Knobbgb Dec 9, 2014 2:38 am

Well I tried three different dummy bookings so it seems it's only when yoy actually make the purchase, which makes sense. (Hmm I've lived in Greece for nine years and I STILL rely on logic when dealing with 'officialdom' - what an optymistic soul I am!)

As for the upgrades, I have a very cheap GoLight tickeg I'd like to upgrade so I will call them as soon as the vouchers appear 'for real' on the site and see what happens. This flight isn't until February so I'm thinking I might be OK on award availability.

frogster Dec 9, 2014 3:10 am

Originally Posted by Knobbgb (Post 23966038)
Well I tried three different dummy bookings so it seems it's only when yoy actually make the purchase, which makes sense. (Hmm I've lived in Greece for nine years and I STILL rely on logic when dealing with 'officialdom' - what an optymistic soul I am!)

As for the upgrades, I have a very cheap GoLight tickeg I'd like to upgrade so I will call them as soon as the vouchers appear 'for real' on the site and see what happens. This flight isn't until February so I'm thinking I might be OK on award availability.

At least for me they appear 'for real' on the site - you don't have to open the .aero site or one of the hidden links. After logging in it's the first option in the second collumn when you hover the mouse over your name.

The reclaim part is still missing though...

NWIFlyer Dec 9, 2014 3:21 am

Originally Posted by frogster (Post 23966121)
At least for me they appear 'for real' on the site - you don't have to open the .aero site or one of the hidden links. After logging in it's the first option in the second collumn when you hover the mouse over your name.

... and, for the first time for me, the print bit actually works ...

HiroshimaFlyer Dec 9, 2014 3:44 am

Another data point. Excellent English speaker on the phone.

Upgrades for the gold member only. Not members of the party on same booking. You would have to use miles for those.

She said that all fares are upgradable. Not just Flex. All fare codes.

Not possible at the moment. Will be possible in 2 weeks.

NWIFlyer Dec 9, 2014 4:38 am

Originally Posted by HiroshimaFlyer (Post 23966188)
Another data point. Excellent English speaker on the phone.

Upgrades for the gold member only. Not members of the party on same booking. You would have to use miles for those.

She said that all fares are upgradable. Not just Flex. All fare codes.

Not possible at the moment. Will be possible in 2 weeks.

In that case, HUCA - I've just had mine processed. My booking now shows nothing under the Fare Type (was 'GoLight') and I as the Fare Class. I haven't seen a formal re-issue of the ticket yet.

Data points:
Go Light fare
LGW-ATH-SKG
SKG-ATH-LHR
Award availability open for all flights - I checked before ringing
Only possible to upgrade the whole booking rather than individual flights
Agent took all my (4) Gold upgrade voucher numbers, but never asked for MrsNWIFlyer's - so I'm not yet sure if she has been debited or not, but I specifically checked and both of us have been upgraded.
There's now a charge of £14 showing against the booking - which makes no sense at all given the difference in UK APD is £13 per person from lowest class.

Remaining unknowns:
It might be possible that (a) vouchers can be shared across a single PNR and (b) it's one voucher per complete journey rather than per segment.

I'll edit the post as more information becomes available on our accounts.

Xandrios Dec 9, 2014 5:12 am

Wow, please do keep us updated :)

Your'e flying 4 segments, and the agent asked for 4 coupons. They may have applied all 4 coupons instead of one (Why else would they need all 4 coupon codes?) right? Though actually it seems 8 segments were upgraded. Were you both on the same PNR?

Another thing of importance may be that this is still very new - you may be (one of) the first ones to have applied the voucher(s). Possibly the agent was not aware of the official procedure yet and proceeded according to his/her interpretation of the rules. I would be very much surprised if one coupon would be enough to upgrade four legs..

Would you be able to verify what booking class you were upgraded to? That may help with determining if space is available. Possibly the ANA tool may help out to check online for availability when we know the booking class :)

HiroshimaFlyer Dec 9, 2014 5:14 am

Amazing! I called again and they told me that they can't process upgrades yet unless it is using "2014 upgrade coupons" (I wasn't aware these existed) or miles. "2015 upgrade coupons" will work as of 2 weeks' time and will apply to all fare classes but only for the Gold Account member.

I dunno if you have a lot of miles but check carefully whether they used miles to upgrade you or the "2014" vouchers.

Perhaps you just got mega lucky!

NWIFlyer Dec 9, 2014 5:47 am

Originally Posted by Xandrios (Post 23966393)
Wow, please do keep us updated :)

Your'e flying 4 segments, and the agent asked for 4 coupons. They may have applied all 4 coupons instead of one (Why else would they need all 4 coupon codes?) right? Though actually it seems 8 segments were upgraded. Were you both on the same PNR?

Another thing of importance may be that this is still very new - you may be (one of) the first ones to have applied the voucher(s). Possibly the agent was not aware of the official procedure yet and proceeded according to his/her interpretation of the rules. I would be very much surprised if one coupon would be enough to upgrade four legs..

Would you be able to verify what booking class you were upgraded to? That may help with determining if space is available. Possibly the ANA tool may help out to check online for availability when we know the booking class :)

I am sure they've applied all four coupons, but quite possibly to cover 4 segments for two people (ie 8 in total). In saying one coupon per journey, I meant one per person per total outbound and one per person per total inbound.

Yes, both on the same PNR.

I've been upgraded to I class. One other interesting point though - the normal increased baggage allowance for J cabin does not currently show on the PNR record on A3's website, so it looks like all the underlying fare basis allowances continue to apply and this is literally just a cabin upgrade without all the other benefits (not that I need them, but as a reference point ...).

As I said, I did check for I class availability before I called as that seemed the most likely barrier to upgrade, so we don't yet know what happens when that availability is exhausted.

I've also checked my Together account to make sure no miles have been deducted - and it's entirely intact :).

hermes1 Dec 9, 2014 6:13 am

Silver member here. I've just had my return fare to LGW, next week, upgraded. It was done through reservations dept. on the phone. I originally had flexi U and was told I'd be upgraded to *I*fare. 2 bags permitted and complimentary lounge access. Mileage accrual will be for U fare and will be credited automatically, (without retro claim).

They accessed my account online and picked up the voucher there. Looking good as business A was sold out. Just received email with confirmation. Under total it says, " NO ADC". Does anyone know what that means? Perhaps No Additional Charge?

TGflyergirl Dec 9, 2014 6:37 am

Seat upgrade coupons (merged threads)

ADC -ad co - aka additional collection. :)

jerry_greece Dec 9, 2014 6:51 am

the coupons are available from M+B menu now.

vd0t Dec 9, 2014 8:23 am

Originally Posted by jerry_greece (Post 23966746)
the coupons are available from M+B menu now.

Too bad they still don't answer their phones!

NWIFlyer Dec 9, 2014 8:31 am

Originally Posted by vd0t (Post 23967246)
Too bad they still don't answer their phones!

Three minutes for me earlier today ... slightly longer than normal, but there again so was the time taken to resolve the query. I suspect the agents are trying to deal with lots of new processes and therefore the time needed per call is extended so answer time is correspondingly longer.

Still, on the plus side the Christmas hold music wasn't unpleasant :).